Where am I?

German side of Cheb?

Nope!

is it going up the frejus french side before the new road was done

Nope!

Austria, near Graz ?

Oh,very close!

Are you near Paulines at Golling, ? or are you a nearer to The Pyhrn Tunnel.

Austria A9, near Spielfeld :question:

1983?

1985 :smiley:

mushroomman:

It’s that long ago,I’ve forgotten the name of the 11 km long tunnel I have just left.
It’s on the E55,Spittal to Villach.

bestbooties:

mushroomman:

It’s that long ago,I’ve forgotten the name of the 11 km long tunnel I have just left.

Its that long ago I had forgotten the Question. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: , but I seem to think that it s on the Tauern Autobahn. I am sure that there is a sticker for the Pyhren Tunnel on the thread , Looking for stickers and accessories.
By the way Ian, did you know a Billy (Jock) Macdonald while you were on Chapman and Ball? I also wondered if C.and Bs yard used to be in the same place as Lex Tillotsons , on the A34 at Newcastle, left hand side north bound.■■? :confused:
Regards Steve

mushroomman:

bestbooties:

mushroomman:

Its that long ago I had forgotten the Question. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: , but I seem to think that it s on the Tauern Autobahn. I am sure that there is a sticker for the Pyhren Tunnel on the thread , Looking for stickers and accessories.
By the way Ian, did you know a Billy (Jock) Macdonald while you were on Chapman and Ball? I also wondered if C.and Bs yard used to be in the same place as Lex Tillotsons , on the A34 at Newcastle, left hand side north bound.■■? :confused:
Regards Steve

Yes I knew Billy Mac.I replaced the busted gear selectors in his Volvo gearbox down by the Dead Sea in Jordan.He had the failure down Dammam way and was towed across Saudi,I seem to remember by Tony Kahn.We were both loading drilling equipment from a Wimpy Laboritory site,when he turned up I offered to repair his gearbox while he loaded my trailer.
C and B’s yard was up Sandbach Road in Burslem,behind the Fiat agents where they bought their Fiats from.I worked there as nightshift foreman fitter before I left to start M/E for Brit European for 2 years before I went to C and B myself.
Used to deal with the night staff at Lex Tillotson ,just forgot the name of their night shift foreman now.
There was also another Jock MacDonald on C and B,big Ron MacDonald,owner/driver,mate of “Popeye Oldacre”.I believe Ron is living in Spain these days.