What music did you listen to?

I was in my teens when rock and roll came along , never took to the Beatles but then rock arrived , the heavier the better until I retired . When I got a laptop I realised that I could listen to it all again and continue to do so , but as I’m in my " sunset years " I tend to stick to the sublime sound of Mark Knopfler mostly , music for any mood . I think that the 70s , 80s and90s account for my deafness now

rigsby:

dieseldog999:
While this lot were big in East Euro.

youtube.com/watch?v=k9p4B6s0j4U

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
these two lots were big enough for me at that era… :slight_smile:

youtube.com/watch?v=v0mdEZ-Nu2Y

youtube.com/watch?v=LVDpREeZUfI

Definitely showing your lecherous tendencies there DD .
[/quote]
:smiling_imp: :smiley:

youtube.com/watch?v=r1f3jOC505g

Sometimes quality beats quantity.Agree with the comment concerning 0.37 :wink:

youtube.com/watch?v=GRw07gZ4pYU

rigsby:

dieseldog999:
While this lot were big in East Euro.

youtube.com/watch?v=k9p4B6s0j4U

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
these two lots were big enough for me at that era… :slight_smile:

youtube.com/watch?v=v0mdEZ-Nu2Y

youtube.com/watch?v=LVDpREeZUfI

Definitely showing your lecherous tendencies there DD .
[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
for me in the 70s then you had a 30 minute window of opperchancity which was always a gamble.
if you had the house to yourself,you took the safe bet and had an optional relaxed chug over the 30 mins safe in the knowledge that the cameraman would get the lens up some slappers kilt in the last 2 mins before fadeout…or
you went for the all out biggy,and had a frenzied 2 mins 50 second chugathon when pans people came on.
this had 4 optional endings.
1, happy days and they came on looking like slappers and at the same time,you had convinced your mum to go and make a cuppa and a slice of toast and beans that coincided just as they started.
2, you had it timed to perfection and they came on dressed as butterflies or fairies which ruined the build up and expectation though there was always the option of the ending session if you could keep yer mam outside the door.
3,the kettle boiled too quickly and she came back in with a cuppa and some biscuits.
4,it all ended as a disaster and excuses were made to retire to ones room for a single handed attack looking through the shopping catalogue to try and imagine you could see some tarts nips through her bra in the undie section…and dont say you did differently in your spotty youth. :wink:

Ah the 70s when mini skirts were at their shortest , ■■■■■ pelmets ,and bras were out of fashion . I was married by then but dieters still study the menu when she aint watching . We didn’t have a telly when I was a spotty teen just a stash of Health and Efficiency mags under my bed .

This always woke me up on an early start , not to everyone’s taste but there you go
youtu.be/-CRAXIZoZv0

At 15 or so around 1970 i discovered Alice Cooper in a big way, still the best for me, forget the hits, his best period was in the 70’s and 80’s in my humble, try these youtube.com/watch?v=jetXrv2-fPg the second is Going Home an ideal anthem for truckies from the album Goes to Hell, one of the best albums.
youtube.com/watch?v=YveGTtadmOU which you’ll wonder what the hell is going on at first.
For hard rock Alice youtube.com/watch?v=fGOD1-NtxH8

Listen to lots of music, from the Carpenters, via Mamas and Papas, Simon and Garfunkel, Abba, Lightning Seeds, Mark Almond and lots more, but every so often i have to get my Cooper Fix, at several thousand watts too, luckily no neighbours close enough to worry about :smiling_imp:

Anything . . . . apart from some ■■■■ from Weston.

Juddian:
At 15 or so around 1970 i discovered Alice Cooper in a big way, still the best for me, forget the hits, his best period was in the 70’s and 80’s in my humble, try these youtube.com/watch?v=jetXrv2-fPg the second is Going Home an ideal anthem for truckies from the album Goes to Hell, one of the best albums.
youtube.com/watch?v=YveGTtadmOU which you’ll wonder what the hell is going on at first.
For hard rock Alice youtube.com/watch?v=fGOD1-NtxH8

Listen to lots of music, from the Carpenters, via Mamas and Papas, Simon and Garfunkel, Abba, Lightning Seeds, Mark Almond and lots more, but every so often i have to get my Cooper Fix, at several thousand watts too, luckily no neighbours close enough to worry about :smiling_imp:

Elected was the only Cooper record I really liked and as 70’s as it gets.Always remember Close to You and Tears of a Clown being played repeatedly on Luxembourg on the brilliant sounding old valve car radio fitted in my Father’s car during the first foreign road trip to Swiss and South of France.

While Favourite Abba and S and G.

youtube.com/watch?v=iyIOl-s7JTU

youtube.com/watch?v=cvChjHcABPA

youtube.com/watch?v=zsLvS_V8naI

youtube.com/watch?v=5biEjyXNa2o

Buzzer:
As I have been known to say on many occasions, Mary Hopkins moments for all you posters " those were the days my friends " seems pretty appropriate but I always like ABBA and still do today suspect that’s cos I know most of the words and when your in the cab singing along it don’t matter what you sound like as your on your own. IMHO if you have driven a truck most of your working life you have probably listened to all sorts over the years.
The other thing that was paramount to a lot of my mates was to park up when the Archers were on, think it was 1/4 to 2 in the afternoons on BBC world service, did any one else do the same, cheers Buzzer

Most definately! I was also told that possibly the largest audience for Women’s Hour in those days was lorry drivers!

Steve

Ste46:

Buzzer:
As I have been known to say on many occasions, Mary Hopkins moments for all you posters " those were the days my friends " seems pretty appropriate but I always like ABBA and still do today suspect that’s cos I know most of the words and when your in the cab singing along it don’t matter what you sound like as your on your own. IMHO if you have driven a truck most of your working life you have probably listened to all sorts over the years.
The other thing that was paramount to a lot of my mates was to park up when the Archers were on, think it was 1/4 to 2 in the afternoons on BBC world service, did any one else do the same, cheers Buzzer

Most definately! I was also told that possibly the largest audience for Women’s Hour in those days was lorry drivers!

Steve

Not so much in a lorry as they didn’t come as standard but now ,Brass Bands ,John Denver one of his Late Night Radio which relates to truck driver’s and one tear jerker Please daddy don’t get drunk this Christmas,I don’t want to see my Mamma Cry ),Dubliners,Seekers and a few clasical.Oh ! and Blue Grass.Depends on the mood you are in.