Well lookie here! Foden driver stuck

Star down under.:
You did well to get that far, Dan. I could never understand you blokes’ reluctance to bogie drives. :question:
You’re not saving even half a ton.

Hi star can see what you mean with your differing terrain. A lot of 6&8 wheel rigids
here are rear steer/ lift axles it saves on tyre wear also with the rear steer it turns a lot easier in tight spaces cheers Ray

elsa Lad:

worldsbestdriver:
Not sure why this driver is being put on the internet for ridicule. I’ve been stuck before. And I’ve lost traction on tarmac when it was snowing badly - couldn’t get up the bloody hill. Had to reverse with my bum cheeks clenched hoping I didn’t slide back into anything and find another route.

But as the username on here assigned to me says - I’m still WBD.

Think you find this a bit tongue in cheek…this is a fellow TN member

^^^^ Absolutely. The driver in question is a mate. If you can’t fondly rib a mate it’s a sad state of affairs. (That said fondly, not fondle :smiley: :smiley: )

Nice to hear that engine rumbling away as it eases the motor over the hill in the 2nd vid, no worrying about loss of traction cos the motor won’t lug :sunglasses:

the maoster:

elsa Lad:

worldsbestdriver:
Not sure why this driver is being put on the internet for ridicule. I’ve been stuck before. And I’ve lost traction on tarmac when it was snowing badly - couldn’t get up the bloody hill. Had to reverse with my bum cheeks clenched hoping I didn’t slide back into anything and find another route.

^^^^ Absolutely. The driver in question is a mate. If you can’t fondly rib a mate it’s a sad state of affairs. (That said fondly, not fondle :smiley: :smiley: )

Hell, I haven’t even met Dan, but I don’t let that hold me back when it comes to ribbing. :wink:
It does help if you’re happy to receive as good as you give and have a sense of humour. :smiley:

the maoster:

elsa Lad:

worldsbestdriver:

Maoster, I remember the happy days when we could rip the p*** out of a mate for something like dropping a trailer on it’s knees, then doing everything we could to help them out, and shock, horror, no one was offended. I think trucknet’s most famous Foden driver has done well to get that far up a muddy hill personally and knowing you it probably is ‘fondle’ hahaha

the maoster:

elsa Lad:

worldsbestdriver:

Apologies. I didn’t realise it was a forum member and mate. I assumed people were having a dig at a driver without that knowledge.

Fair play to the bloke for doing it in the end. I wouldn’t fancy it in equipment that old. I’m not mates with him so can’t make fun - but he should have a word with his boss and tell him to stop being a cheapskate and invest in something made in the last 30 years.

mizzo:
and knowing you it probably is ‘fondle’ hahaha

Easy tiger! I know where you live and if you’re not careful I’ll send Farrel and Kirkented around to tag team you!

worldsbestdriver:
Apologies. I didn’t realise it was a forum member and mate. I assumed people were having a dig at a driver without that knowledge.

Apology not necessary mate, you weren’t to know. No harm, no foul.

worldsbestdriver:

the maoster:

elsa Lad:

worldsbestdriver:

Fair play to the bloke for doing it in the end. I wouldn’t fancy it in equipment that old. I’m not mates with him so can’t make fun - but he should have a word with his boss and tell him to stop being a cheapskate and invest in something made in the last 30 years.

He is the boss :laughing: Its his pride and joy :laughing:

the maoster:

mizzo:
and knowing you it probably is ‘fondle’ hahaha

Easy tiger! I know where you live and if you’re not careful I’ll send Farrel and Kirkented around to tag team you!

Hahaha, I’ve moved now you know and Fazza is old and fat

elsa Lad:
Checked out your other vids Dan, Your E14 was sounding so good, Have you still got it? it so you need to do a proper vid on it. :sunglasses:

Thanks ,may be in the spring when the bad weather has gone .

mizzo:

the maoster:

elsa Lad:

worldsbestdriver:

Maoster, I remember the happy days when we could rip the p*** out of a mate for something like dropping a trailer on it’s knees, then doing everything we could to help them out, and shock, horror, no one was offended. I think trucknet’s most famous Foden driver has done well to get that far up a muddy hill personally and knowing you it probably is ‘fondle’ hahaha

Thanks .

worldsbestdriver:

the maoster:

elsa Lad:

worldsbestdriver:

Equipment that old :open_mouth: I’am the boss :laughing: thankfully I have 2 drivers to driver the euro 6’s so I don’t have to suffer them :wink: there’s no place I wouldn’t take that foden nowhere is too far :smiley:

Dan is there not a steep tarmac road up to those masts? I remember taking tarmac up there years ago in a F6 Volvo,they were only putting 8t on us because it was so steep but 1 of the boys had a D series Ford and had to go to the local diesel injection place to have it opened up so he could get up.

even the telehandler got a filter full of ■■■■ halfway up !

pursy:
Dan is there not a steep tarmac road up to those masts? I remember taking tarmac up there years ago in a F6 Volvo,they were only putting 8t on us because it was so steep but 1 of the boys had a D series Ford and had to go to the local diesel injection place to have it opened up so he could get up.

Yes it was perfect tarmac underneath the green moss Ect ,they said a mixer lorry had been up 2 weeks b4 ,strange because when I got up there to the masts they’d plugged the shuttering with empty paper cement bags :open_mouth: plus it’s that steep there’d be no concrete left in a mixer lorry :unamused: .

Hi Dan. You should treat the Foden to a Robson drive. Be ideal for your job.
BTW Did you ever do that job to Isle of Skye?

Old John:
Hi Dan. You should treat the Foden to a Robson drive. Be ideal for your job.
BTW Did you ever do that job to Isle of Skye?

Hi John I sent it on a part load in the end as the job can’t happen yet.

That’s not a ‘Foden driver’, it’s just somebody driving a Foden! :laughing: Seriously though I drove them for twenty years and Foden’s were not the best to go off road with as they were too light on the back end empty and the rubber suspension just wasn’t flexible enough. I got stuck on wet level grass in a town park and had to be dragged off with a dustcart! :blush: When we were building Carsington Water there was no chance of getting back up empty from the bottom of the reservoir, yet the Leylands with that non reactive suspension flew up with no problem. Of course back then we didn’t have diff or cross locks fitted, they may have helped matters?

Pete.

windrush:
Of course back then we didn’t have diff or cross locks fitted, they may have helped matters?

8 x 1. :unamused: :laughing:

Punchy Dan:

good_friend:
I know the Shropshire Hills well as used to go to school in Shrewsbury and have family all around there. Used to walk up the BurWay just to watch the car drivers panicking! It’s not easy on a horse, let alone taking a lorry up there

Met a friend of yours yesterday, Dan. Nobby with his ERF. I have one of his trailers

:open_mouth: ,nice ERF though :wink:

Yes a grand old lady :slight_smile: