Warburtons

Benskingdom:
What’s the rota like for class 2 I know it’s 5 in 7 but any idea of how it works.also is it 28000 salary on 43 hours ?

Hi as far as I know yes, that salary is for the 43 hours a week… it does involve weekends too… start times are between 3/4 am but I was told you’re never doing 12 hour days, more like 10 hours max, I guess it depends on the route you have… but as I have said previous they have been great so far, explain everything and in constant contact throughout the process with me, can’t fault them at all…

avfcnat82:

Benskingdom:
What’s the rota like for class 2 I know it’s 5 in 7 but any idea of how it works.also is it 28000 salary on 43 hours ?

Hi as far as I know yes, that salary is for the 43 hours a week… it does involve weekends too… start times are between 3/4 am but I was told you’re never doing 12 hour days, more like 10 hours max, I guess it depends on the route you have… but as I have said previous they have been great so far, explain everything and in constant contact throughout the process with me, can’t fault them at all…

Hope its correct but finding it hard to believe you don’t end up doing more than a 10 hour day. If you get in and its all gravy you’ll have to put in a good word for me!

Any idea on number of drops and the size of the area that depot covers?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

IronEddie:

avfcnat82:

Benskingdom:

Hope its correct but finding it hard to believe you don’t end up doing more than a 10 hour day. If you get in and its all gravy you’ll have to put in a good word for me!

Ha! If I get in I will definitely put a word in… you work for breakes so they will know you’re hard working:) defo no 12 days… they are all about family time and do not push there drivers to breaking point… I have been told that a lot of planners are ex drivers so they know the score…lastest back to the depo is around 1pm… obviously as a newbie I guess that depends how quick you pick the job up, but they do a 6 week induction, so you’re not just getting the keys chucked at you which is very refreshing… with regards to radius… I was told max distance from the depo they cover is 100 miles, either way on the map… as for drops… worst case is 35… best case is 15, the 15 is more distance obviously… but most are doing 25 drops

avfcnat82:

IronEddie:

avfcnat82:

Benskingdom:

Ha! If I get in I will definitely put a word in… you work for breakes so they will know you’re hard working:) defo no 12 days… they are all about family time and do not push there drivers to breaking point… I have been told that a lot of planners are ex drivers so they know the score…lastest back to the depo is around 1pm… obviously as a newbie I guess that depends how quick you pick the job up, but they do a 6 week induction, so you’re not just getting the keys chucked at you which is very refreshing… with regards to radius… I was told max distance from the depo they cover is 100 miles, either way on the map… as for drops… worst case is 35… best case is 15, the 15 is more distance obviously… but most are doing 25 drops

100 miles hmm. I do Northampton, 60ish miles away about an hour n a half drive. I’ll start at 4.30 am and usually back at depot by 4. Doing 13 drops 700 to 800 units roughly. Though i bet unloading bread is quicker than the picking i do on the back of my wagon.

Deffinately like the sound of a more family focused firm.

They do order pick the smaller delivery’s for the smaller shops on the back of the wagon, which is what a lot of people don’t seem to like, as a newbie I wouldn’t know yet if this is a bad thing… the bigger supermarket stuff is loaded on to your wagon but you load the other stuff at the depot then off you go… yes I doubt it would be as heavy as the stuff you’re doing now… I know I have bigged them up on here, but I genuinely can’t fault them so far, they have been spot on and for me personally it’s 3 miles from home… just nervous about the driving assessment not the actual interview… I did class 1 training a few weeks ago so will use the concept of that, as I think there wagons are around the 26tf mark with a big tail swing!

avfcnat82:
They do order pick the smaller delivery’s for the smaller shops on the back of the wagon,

Its easy peasy once you know the products and it’ll help if you’ve loaded it. Sometimes have no bleeding idea where warehouse have hidden stuff on my truck lol.

IronEddie:

avfcnat82:
They do order pick the smaller delivery’s for the smaller shops on the back of the wagon,

Its easy peasy once you know the products and it’ll help if you’ve loaded it. Sometimes have no bleeding idea where warehouse have hidden stuff on my truck lol.

I see Brakes haven’t changed then,used to give up looking on the sheet where it was supposed to be and try and look in the cage next to the door usually a stupid little box of frozen sauce or some thing lol.
Always wary of opening the back door first thing in the yard in case the warehouse muppets had stacked buffet boxes or drums of cooking oil against the door for “a laugh” idiots.

Daytrunker:

IronEddie:

avfcnat82:

I see Brakes haven’t changed then,used to give up looking on the sheet where it was supposed to be and try and look in the cage next to the door usually a stupid little box of frozen sauce or some thing lol.
Always wary of opening the back door first thing in the yard in case the warehouse muppets had stacked buffet boxes or drums of cooking oil against the door for “a laugh” idiots.

Yeah frozen is organised. Ambient is anyones guess and i regularly find the buffet boxes stacked too high and gone over. The joys of food service.

IronEddie:

avfcnat82:

Benskingdom:

Just FYI guys, if anyone is still looking at this thread…

I work for Warburtons, I start around 2.30am and typically finish work and am in my car heading home by 11. Of course it is dependent on the route you are on but it’s rare that you will be doing even nine hours a day in a lot of cases (out of my depot at least).

The ‘longest’ day I tend to have is when I deliver in Folkestone. I start at 3am on that route and typically get back to the yard around 11am. Unload, diesel up, get my defect book signed and card downloaded and I’m heading home by midday.

As for the rota it goes like something like this…

Monday, Tuesday off-work wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat & sun
Monday off, work Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri,
Sat and Sun off, work five days, Sat and Sun off again
Work Monday to Thursday, Friday off
Work sat to Wed, Thurs and Fri off
Work sat to Tues, Wed and Thurs off
Work Fri to Mon, Tues and Wed off
Work Thurs to Sun then back to the start of the rota pattern

I hope that makes sense!

This is all out of my depot at least, I am unsure of how the other places work.

Warburtons is a good number, I’m glad I got in and I have no intention of leaving unless I get a considerably better offer. For the money we get paid for the amount of work we do sometimes, it’s a no brainer.

Any idea of money and typical shifts on Class 1?

Jimmy McNulty:
Any idea of money and typical shifts on Class 1?

I couldn’t tell you to be honest as I am a class 2 driver but I’m sure the pay isn’t bad. We don’t tend to meet many grumpy Warburtons class 1 drivers so it can’t be bad lol

avfcnat82:
Hi all
I have a interview and driving assessment for warburtons on class 2
Any advice welcome :slight_smile:

Did you get the job?

Unfortunately they went with experience, not sure how that worked out for them as they were advertising last week, I however went on to pass class 1 so maybe all worked out in the end, still sounds a good number but it’s class 1 work for me now,

avfcnat82:
Unfortunately they went with experience, not sure how that worked out for them as they were advertising last week, I however went on to pass class 1 so maybe all worked out in the end, still sounds a good number but it’s class 1 work for me now,

Urgh experience. And how does anyone gain that if newbies aren’t hired?

Good luck with the class 1.

IronEddie:

avfcnat82:

Urgh experience. And how does anyone gain that if newbies aren’t hired?

Good luck with the class 1.

Exactly, I was more annoyed that all week I was told we take new passes and we will give you a chance, I was even told not to attend another interview I had arranged for else where, as the recruitment team were so confident I would get an other, but we live and learn I guess!

Good on you for continuing to class 1.

Bit of a shame about them not giving you a chance but hey ho, onwards and upwards. Warburtons took me on shortly after I had got my licence, though I had over 10 years experience shunting rigids and artics in previous jobs so perhaps that helped.

Gjc:
Good on you for continuing to class 1.

Bit of a shame about them not giving you a chance but hey ho, onwards and upwards. Warburtons took me on shortly after I had got my licence, though I had over 10 years experience shunting rigids and artics in previous jobs so perhaps that helped.

I think so mate, to be fair to them, they were concerned that it was holiday season and were worried I wouldn’t get the training they offered and they didn’t want my confidence knocked or to walk out after a few weeks, I would never do that, ( couldn’t afford it either) I was gutted really as it was very local and perfect hours for me, but I guess if I’d have been took on I wouldn’t of got my class one a few weeks later so I guess everything happens for a reason,