Van owner driver

Thanks for information. You have experience, so your tips are valuable to me. I am currently working as a truck driver, but I would like to change something in my life. I’m thinking of a van because there is no cash on the truck. In addition, van transport does not require such conditions as trucks over 3.5t (license, financial security, etc.). I am not afraid of hard work but I do not know the industry and that is why I count on your help. Maybe in fact January is not the best time to start. I need to get a better idea of ​​the local market where I could start. Waiting for more tips … :slight_smile:

Mgvan:
Waiting for more tips …

You’ve got some good advice so far.
Any good money making ideas for business start ups are unlikely to be given out as “tips” even by the previous generous contributors!
:smiley:

Raymundo, no one can top that story!

Iam ordering a V6 sprinter chassis at the min ,last new one cost £16,000 this time I think it’s going to be more like £30,000 to £40,000 :frowning: ,just wondering if the new one will still be as new 900,000 miles later ,although a bit of a triggers broom of course :laughing:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=93275

albion:

I forgot to add that my share from the sale of the house was held in trust for me at the court but after 7 years had elapsed and after stating that she had taken all reasonable steps to trace me (like hell she had) the ex was given the money …

raymundo:

albion:

I forgot to add that my share from the sale of the house was held in trust for me at the court but after 7 years had elapsed and after stating that she had taken all reasonable steps to trace me (like hell she had) the ex was given the money …

:open_mouth:

I’m allergic to marriage. When Mr A had a, lets call it a serious lapse in judgement :wink: , I owned the house we lived in and even worse for him, I employed him, he didn’t have shares in the company I set up and built up for 9 years at that point. I remember as a teenager meeting a chap who had gone into business with a mate and the mate had scarpered with everything leaving this bloke in the proverbial. It stuck with me for some reason and I was always very protective of ‘my’ assets, partly explains why I never have and never will be married.

I decided to meet the ‘lapse in judgement’ and almost the first words out of her head were, ‘how much of the company does he own?’. Pretty clear to see what she was thinking :unamused:

Legally dead Ray, blimey! :open_mouth:

Very wise Albion, you’re a smart cookie indeed :sunglasses:

A bit (nothing) like the princess of wales, there were 3 people in my “marriage”… me, her and a business partner.
He got the business, she got the house, and I got the kids.
Result! :wink:

She didn’t come from Yorkshire did she ■■ My one got involved with a chap who owned a couple of hotels and who was feeling really poorly so he went for checks where a serious heart defect was found, next thing you know they were married but then the hospital called him in for a retest and found he had been given some other persons results, he was fine and for some unknown reason that marriage failed a few short months later … no.3 done and dusted … :slight_smile:

Ray, I think there is a book in there somewhere!

Have to say Yorkshire women are usually the most down to earth, honest, hard-working, faithful women you could meet. And modest, I forgot modest :wink:

Well this thread has really gone of topic, so I may as well send it further astray by putting a photo up of the ship I had when I was caught in a rather compromising position (allegedly) with two of the local girls when my intended appeared out of the blue and she never believed my story and gave me the ultimatum … the ship or her so I tossed a coin and mores the pity the ship lost … :frowning:

Not Yorkshire but I don’t think she was of this planet to be honest. Not heard a word from her since that day 12 years ago

Nice ship mate, funny I knew a girl called Andrea and she had a bit of a rusty hull too :laughing: :laughing:

idrive:
Not Yorkshire but I don’t think she was of this planet to be honest. Not heard a word from her since that day 12 years ago

Nice ship mate, funny I knew a girl called Andrea and she had a bit of a rusty hull too :laughing: :laughing:

That aint rust but the red lead primer we used prior to putting on the top coat and was recommended to leave it for a day or two to completely harden, a wealth of useless information here …

albion:
Have to say Yorkshire women are usually the most down to earth, honest, hard-working, faithful women you could meet. And modest, I forgot modest :wink:

yes you forgot modest, down to earth, hard working … I’ll stop there as she works as a civil servant for the ministry of defence … :slight_smile:

raymundo:
I’ll stop there as she works as a civil servant for the ministry of defence … :slight_smile:

I deal with them. They are all fruit bat muppets to a man, er person. One foot in the real world would be helpful.

Punchy Dan:
Iam ordering a V6 sprinter chassis at the min ,last new one cost £16,000 this time I think it’s going to be more like £30,000 to £40,000 :frowning: ,just wondering if the new one will still be as new 900,000 miles later ,although a bit of a triggers broom of course :laughing:

You do not have a hope of getting it to 900,000 miles triggers broom or not, and that broom will likely cost 20 times your original £30/£40k

TDL102:

Punchy Dan:

You do not have a hope of getting it to 900,000 miles triggers broom or not, and that broom will likely cost 20 times your original £30/£40k

Good job iam keeping the old one for when the new breaks down :open_mouth:

Nice vans punchy Dan.
The 903 was by far the best sprinter. I put 300k on a 2002 model and it hardly cost me anything.
They still produce that model in Russia I believe.
Nothing but trouble with the next gen 906, constant dpf, turbo and electrical problems. Spent half its life in limp mode.
Latest model was better but still had a complete ECU failure on a brand new one. Feel much flimsier than they used to though

Bit off topic, but I saw a Merc recovery truck doing a day’s work the other day on the M1. It was the 70s style one, 7.5t. Possibly an 813?

They were proper Mercs, like the 6-pot 814 or the 230 car, absolute tanks.

A couple of mine at Nogaro circuit in The South of France. The furthest one was a 5 cylinder jobbie with a camchain. It did absolute starship mileage before it finally got eaten by tinworm!