V.d. Vlist heavy haulage

Ok,thats not so heavy then when empty . :smiley:
I would really like that kinda work you do,we never ever go down south to you guys :frowning: well there isnt meny Sweds going to that Way at al and if Its probably some Guy from eastrnblock driving…
We mostly haul around Stockholm were we are based,and whit my old girl i really what to keep close to base…
But our biggest customer are starting to get some work in Norway,and i always love to drive there,so that Will be nice when the new truck arrives :smiley:

Danne

Dirty Dan:
Ok,thats not so heavy then :smiley:
I would really like that kinda work you do,we never ever go down south to you guys :frowning: well there isnt meny Sweds going to that Way at al and if Its probably some Guy from eastrnblock driving…
We mostly haul around Stockholm were we are based,and whit my old girl i really what to keep close to base…
But our biggest customer are starting to get some work in Norway,and i always love to drive there,so that Will be nice when the new truck arrives :smiley:

Danne

Heavy enough for me Danne :smiley: , the lorry I’ve got now is just 18t empty and I can load just about 30t with it :open_mouth: … Not really what you call heavy haulage :stuck_out_tongue:
It’s not that fun anymore to come to this side Danne, at first you have to get trough Germany, and that can be sometimes a struggle, let alone if you’re being put to the side of the road by the police or BAG.
I always liked to drive to France, especially with heavy haulage 'cause if you’re wider than 3m or heavier than 48t you’re not aloud to drive on the motorway, so if you’re going south that means you’ve got to do it all by using the national roads, through narrow villages and stuff. I always thought that’s were the fun comes in :laughing: I like the north as well, it’s been quite a while now since I was there, but I didn’t forget that you can drive for hours without seeing any other vehicle…
Anyway here are a few pics from my new lorry

010.JPG

006.JPG

Nice truck! But you missing a couple of axl… Dont you miss the heavy stuff? But you got a good looking trailer there :smiley: Why not a 6x2 unit in front? What marque is the trailer?
Well i only Done two trips to Zwolle so i feel i missing somtingh… But when you Put it that way i dont Know any more. Here is a pic i found on the www,one old of yours?

Danne

Dirty Dan:
Nice truck! But you missing a couple of axl… Dont you miss the heavy stuff? But you got a good looking trailer there :smiley: Why not a 6x2 unit in front? What marque is the trailer?
Well i only Done two trips to Zwolle so i feel i missing somtingh… But when you Put it that way i dont Know any more. Here is a pic i found on the www,one old of yours?

Danne

I do miss the heavy stuff, but the Daf wasn’t going to last quite longer, and there wasn’t a alternative option at the time…
The trailer is a Nooteboom, and is sort of dangerous sometimes, especially when empty 'cause that first axle of the trailer takes a lot of weight off the tractor, and I can’t lift it when empty. It already happended not to long ago in England that the tractor slipped on a small b-road in a curve going downhill, I was fortunate enough that nothing bad happend and I can asure you, that’s a feeling i’m not very comfortable with…

If you’ve been to Zwolle you’ve been a long way from home as well :stuck_out_tongue:
It’s a older one from a driver/owner who used to haul for Holtrop Assen, don’t know if he’s still out there.

Good input and agree on DAF lacking the heavy end…but had the opportunity to acquire GINAF…

See for more older pics of Holtrop-Assen (Huub Holtrop was on same school in Venlo as I was) on
the Verheul-thread as well as the FTF-website! When we were co-students their fleet was Scania!

ftftrucks.com/content/23900/ … rzicht.pdf

In their search of light lorries they came up with this :open_mouth:
Ever seen something like that in Sweden…? Or elsewhere?

Wow never seen somtingh like that,only one drive axl not for us to mutch dirtroads and gravelroads… But i bet the weight wasnt mutch :smiley:

pv83:

Dirty Dan:

Danne

I do miss the heavy stuff, but the Daf wasn’t going to last quite longer, and there wasn’t a alternative option at the time…
The trailer is a Nooteboom, and is sort of dangerous sometimes, especially when empty 'cause that first axle of the trailer takes a lot of weight off the tractor, and I can’t lift it when empty. It already happended not to long ago in England that the tractor slipped on a small b-road in a curve going downhill, I was fortunate enough that nothing bad happend and I can asure you, that’s a feeling i’m not very comfortable with…

If you’ve been to Zwolle you’ve been a long way from home as well :stuck_out_tongue:
It’s a older one from a driver/owner who used to haul for Holtrop Assen, don’t know if he’s still out there.

Why not a lift on the first axl? Less axl in the ground when empty less fuel as well and that must be good you would think :wink:
Well Zwolle was some good trips but you Know,it would be nice to have do Spain or bettre up evan Turkey :smiley:
But i werry happy whit what i got now so dont get me wrong :smiley:
Well time to go to bed got an early start. 0300…

Danne

Hi pv83, hopefully these may be of interest to yourself and others, courtesy of Len Rogers.
Oily

Hiya dose this qualify

i saw this on heatsheadmoor service one day. i think it collected a transforer from Manchester
John

Dirty Dan:

pv83:

Dirty Dan:

Danne

Why not a lift on the first axl? Less axl in the ground when empty less fuel as well and that must be good you would think :wink:
Well Zwolle was some good trips but you Know,it would be nice to have do Spain or bettre up evan Turkey :smiley:
But i werry happy whit what i got now so dont get me wrong :smiley:
Well time to go to bed got an early start. 0300…

Danne

Hiya Danne,

I apologise for the late comment, but I’ve just came back from a two week round trip :sunglasses:
I’ve been wondering about that myself as well, but apperently it’s forbidden to have a lift axle if you just have three axles■■? Maybe one of the tech boys can explain why that is… Should be a big improvement though 'cause when empty you haven’t got enough presure on the truck so weird things sometimes happen, especially when the road is moist, I’m not to keen about the coming winter period :open_mouth:

oiltreader:
Hi pv83, hopefully these may be of interest to yourself and others, courtesy of Len Rogers.
Oily

Hiya,

Yes this what I was after, thank you very much indeed sir :smiley: !

3300John:
Hiya dose this qualify

i saw this on heatsheadmoor service one day. i think it collected a transforer from Manchester
John

It hasn’t got the orange livery, but it’s surely interesting to see a mighty MAN like that:D, or actually it’s a OAF, that makes it even better :laughing:
I can’t make anything of the reg.plates, is it german? The trailer is fabricated in France though, normally the germans have german build trailers as well, Goldhofer or Scheurle

ERF-Continental:
Good input and agree on DAF lacking the heavy end…but had the opportunity to acquire GINAF…

See for more older pics of Holtrop-Assen (Huub Holtrop was on same school in Venlo as I was) on
the Verheul-thread as well as the FTF-website! When we were co-students their fleet was Scania!

ftftrucks.com/content/23900/ … rzicht.pdf

Hiya,

I just might have a picture of that FTF they’ve once owned, I will search my vast collection for it :smiley:
Long time ago then eh, those school days I reckon :laughing:
Which one do you prefer to then, the DAF or the GINAF?

Patrick

delivering a new train to kingmoor depot in carlisle

on the services m62 a few year back

little ha ba:
delivering a new train to kingmoor depot in carlisle

Cracking pic little ha ba, keep it coming :smiley:

Patrick

little ha ba:
on the services m62 a few year back

If I’m not mistaken this is a part of a Liebherr, took the driver a week just to get trough Germany alone :open_mouth: , all due to some fantastic communication between the authorities… Oh well, Led Zep had a song about that long time ago :slight_smile:

Some more pics from the archive :sunglasses:
001.JPG

002.JPG

001.JPG

007.JPG

003.JPG

002.JPG

Hi Patrik,good to see ypu back! And great pics to cant get enough of them :smiley: