■■■■■■■■ Gill
transportphotos.com

JLC00215-16.jpg

JLC00232-02.jpg

■■■■■■■■ gill:

Stanfield:
Taken at Scorton 0

Hello Stansfield
Thankyou for that photo. Many thanks marra.
I’m I right in thinking that a member of the Dennison family owns that lorry?
Kindest Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

yes dennison do own it

There was a tale going around in the 80s when THB were making Spanish Dodge day cabs into “coffinsleepers”, that one of the more wellbuilt/wellfed drivers got in his bunk and ended up on the catwalk entangled in the suzies on Charnock services one night :laughing:

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

■■■■■■■■ gill:

Stanfield:
Taken at Scorton 0

Hello Stansfield
Kindest Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

yes dennison do own it

yeh they have it stored in its own la’al gargage at the factory at Lancaster.

robroy:
There was a tale going around in the 80s when THB were making Spanish Dodge day cabs into “coffinsleepers”, that one of the more wellbuilt/wellfed drivers got in his bunk and ended up on the catwalk entangled in the suzies on Charnock services one night :laughing:

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

■■■■■■■■ gill:

Stanfield:
Taken at Scorton

Hello Stansfield
Kindest Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

yes dennison do own it

Ste Burrow:

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

■■■■■■■■ gill:

Stanfield:
Taken at Scorton

Hello Stansfield
Kindest Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

yes dennison do own it

yeh they have it stored in its own la’al gargage at the factory at Lancaster.

Hello everyone
Thankyou to robroy, stansfield and ■■■■■■■■■■■■■ for your interesting infomation. Many thanks
Kindest Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

georgeking:
Tyson H Burridge bought out JA Pickthall, Cleator Transport, John Walton (consisting of three Mercedes 4x2’s) and H & ME Fearon.

The JA Pickthall fleet included a Dodge and an ERF B series both had sleeper cabs and I believe that these were the first sleeper cabs in the Tyson H Burridge fleet and painted in their livery.

I believe that the Cleator Transport Scania 81 was the first foreign motor in the Tyson H Burridge fleet and painted in their livery.

In the early 80’s they expanded quite rapidly, however at a rough guess I would think that their total fleet size at this time would be around 20-25, they originally bought Atkinsons in the 70’s then in the early to mid 80’s they moved on to mainly Dodges (about 16) plus some Leyland Buffalos, ERF B series and Foden S83’s hauling flat beds, low loaders, vans, curtainsiders, fridges, tankers, bulk blowers and after purchasing Pickthall’s livestock.

Hello georgeking
Thankyou for that intomation. Very interesting marra.
JA Pickthall, didn’t they run a coach business at Cleator?
Kindest Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

A Burridge pic, thanks to Bubb’s scrapbook.

robroy:
A Burridge pic, thanks to Bubb’s scrapbook.0

Hello robroy
Thankyou for that photo. Excelent marra
Kindest Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

Hello
Has anyone got any photos of Burridges new DAF XF 105 tractor units. I think they are PX12 reg?
Kindest regards
CG

039.jpg

048.jpg

I own a ex Tyson h Burridge ERF E10 325 G177 TTM that I am restoring.

The only dealings I had with Tysons goes back a long way to the 60s.
Due to there being a strike by the dockers at Preston we had to ship out
of Barrow docks, on the return journey to Preston somewhere in the
countryside out of a farm entrance a car pulls out straight in front of
me, could not avoid a collision it was that close,the Tyson driver
coming towards me put his motor on the grass verge to avoid
hitting me,anyway he witnessed the collision, we swapped details
and away he went, never got chance to thank him for his skilfull bit
of driving for avoiding what could have been a head on smash,
so if you are on T/N reading this cheers drive. No one was injured by the way,just a few dents.

Hello
Thankyou jackdaw and ERFE10 for your interesting posts. ERFE10, I think I got a photo of your lorry when it was owned by THB. If I have, i’ll post it.
jackdaw, a excelent tale marra.
Kindest regards
CG

ERFE10:
I own a ex Tyson h Burridge ERF E10 325 G177 TTM that I am restoring.

Hello ERFE10
theres a photo of your lorry on Facebooks ■■■■■■■■ Companies page
Kindest regards
CG

■■■■■■■■ gill:
Hello
Has anyone got any photos of Burridges new DAF XF 105 tractor units. I think they are PX12 reg?
Kindest regards
CG

There’s often one parked outside First Milk in Aspatria overnight, XF105 with a light bar and “heavy haulage” above the door.

■■■■■■■■ gill:
Hello
Thankyou jackdaw and ERFE10 for your interesting posts. ERFE10, I think I got a photo of your lorry when it was owned by THB. If I have, i’ll post it.
jackdaw, a excelent tale marra.
Kindest regards
CG

Hi

Yes that’s a photo I have put in fb. It’s the only pic I have of it any others would be much apriciated. It’s also ex Tate and Lyle so any pics of it in their livery would be great

Josh

Hello truckfing, ERFE10 & dew
Thankyou for all your interesting and excelent posts marras. Truckfing, another great photo marra.
ERFE10, If I see any photos around of your lorry, I’ll give you the website address so you can see them.
dew, Yes, I’ve seen one of the XF’s down by Sealy in Aspatria. I think its got something to do with overnight parking nown that the main lorry park on Main St is a pay and display for lorries only.
Kindest regards
CG

I used to deliver acid to Marchon at Whitehaven a lot in the 80’s and was due to have a night out there.

The fuse had blow on the night heater so I called at THB’s yard hoping they could help me out.

I went to see a fitter and asked if he had a fuse for the night heater, he replied “What is a night heater, our lads get a thicker blankets in winter”, followed by laughs all around the yard.
Seeing as I had no heater or thicker blanket I booked into some digs for the night…

Tankerman:
I used to deliver acid to Marchon at Whitehaven a lot in the 80’s and was due to have a night out there.

The fuse had blow on the night heater so I called at THB’s yard hoping they could help me out.

I went to see a fitter and asked if he had a fuse for the night heater, he replied “What is a night heater, our lads get a thicker blankets in winter”, followed by laughs all around the yard.
Seeing as I had no heater or thicker blanket I booked into some digs for the night…

hello tankerman
Thankyou for that inetresting post marra. Many thanks
Kindest regards
CG