TRUCKIN IN THE 80's (International)

harry_gill:

ramone:

dreva:
nothing to do with wilson and haigh expect the bloke that part owned wilson and haigh.started pennine parcels when w h went under then he changed the name when they stopped doing parcels.hope this helps :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

I knew it was something to do with Wilson Haigh ,i think the Fee family owned WH. I think Expect still use the place at Halifax where WH were based.Last i heard Expect were paying £7 odd a hour but dont forget ,you do get a shiney new motor :smiley:

hiya,
Bah humbug, £7 an hour and a shiny new motor eh’, a proper driver can make an old dog earn it’s keep and still give the driver a living wage and the guvnor isn’t too picky if you can do a bit of running maintainence which was essential in the “olden days” I am aware you need a computer before you can fit a light bulb these days it’s called technology, I call it a step back, howay Harry time to go back to the old people’s home there’s a good fellow.
thanks harry long retired.

Can’t fault you there Harry LR

Ossie

This is nostalga all the way just spent two days studying this thread
I worked out of Dachser Doncaster from 1983 to 1992 (mostly Germany) happy days
Does anyone remember Sunday nights Felixstowe to Europort up till 87-88 then they changed my route to Hull Rotterdam or Zeebrugge
Sunday nights on both ferrys was just like going in to local with the lads

Regards to all Graham

GTHOMPSON:
Does anyone remember Sunday nights Felixstowe to Europort up till 87-88 then they changed my route to Hull Rotterdam or Zeebrugge

Regards to all Graham

hiya graham,
thats a long time ago i use to ship also every sunday from hull.when i was sub contracting for mat transport.
hope you are keeping well.all the best for 2012.
rob mookhoek

Came up behind these Rumo’s down in Dorset! Cabotage?

Anyone recognise this? (I don’t I hasten to add) just curious!

How much crap can you get in a Merc’ screen & still see out? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

IMG_0010.jpg

adr:
How much crap can you get in a Merc’ screen & still see out? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

You need something to look at while you wait 20 minutes for speed to build up… :laughing:

Trubrit:

adr:

You need something to look at while you wait 20 minutes for speed to build up… :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Nice 1! As an ex-Merc’ jockey its sad but true!

adr:

Batalha in Portugal :grimacing:

4 axle-tilt in Calais!

Another instantly recognisable!

IMG_0001.jpg

Very smart!

IMG_0002.jpg

Whoops :blush: Don’t laugh, if we’re honest most of us have done it, I know I have, only once but that was enough to stop me doing it again!

Hungarian (DAF engined) RABA’s.

dutchie64:

GTHOMPSON:

Regards to all Graham

hiya graham,
thats a long time ago i use to ship also every sunday from hull.when i was sub contracting for mat transport.
hope you are keeping well.all the best for 2012.
rob mookhoek

Hi Rob
Yes i remember you and many others from both routes far too many to list are you still on same sort of work we only do uk fridge work now
is it possible i would have seen your truck about six months ago in Cortonwood (Barnsley) area

adr:

Its in portugal on the road from Oporto to Lisbon

i remember seeing 2 of these outfits at the chiasso border in the late 80,s i always wondered what they carried and to this day i still dont know what they were used for

I carn’t remember the name of that lot, they where from Kent & I remember John Dowdall subbed his Greek loads for them & pulled one of them brown steps, on the tip of my tongue Gilman Gilbert something like. I remember them doing shoes from Italy a lot too, someone will put me out of my misery soon…

hi fly sheet, i think im right in saying that a company based in northampton called tranexpo ran them.maybe after the company your trying to think of had finished with them, long time ago so sorry if im confusing the issue

marcus 22:

Didn’t kristiansen pull for Frans Mass out of Newcastle■■?