Transporting hot water

CraigM:
From an outsiders point of view… Can you not just remove enough liquid to bring the level below the work? Is it not possible to bypass that pipework temporarily?
Im sure you have ruled these out as your not council employed.

That’s what we will be doing…with 90 000 litres !
It’s a huge system that needs T sections and valves cutting in, all possibilities have been looked at and now I know how to make the last bit of the puzzle fit. I just need the tanker trailer costs now for about 7 days

3 wheeler:
… I just need the tanker trailer costs now for about 7 days

Hi 3 wheeler,

This link may help you with that:

http://www.formulatankerrental.co.uk/

I hope this helps. :smiley:

I would be looking at hiring non insulated tankers, like old acid barrels or vacuum tanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grumpy Dad:

Franglais:

Grumpy Dad:
90,000 ltrs is 3 tanks to be safe, your best point of call would be Northern Disposal, they deal with chemically contaminated effluents, not sure if it’s hot, but if placed in tankers with vents open would assist the cooling prossess and possibly reduce it cooling completely

You reckon on about 30 tons per tank?
I’d say 4 iso tanks.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Off the top of my head the max a tank can hold is 40,000 ltrs, three tanks at 30,000 ltrs allowing space for steam and reduce expansion between baffles even with vents open, better to be safe than sorry.

Ex tanker driver… 25000 litres of water measures 25 cubic metres and weighs 25 tons

onesock:

Grumpy Dad:

Franglais:

Grumpy Dad:
90,000 ltrs is 3 tanks to be safe, your best point of call would be Northern Disposal, they deal with chemically contaminated effluents, not sure if it’s hot, but if placed in tankers with vents open would assist the cooling prossess and possibly reduce it cooling completely

You reckon on about 30 tons per tank?
I’d say 4 iso tanks.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Off the top of my head the max a tank can hold is 40,000 ltrs, three tanks at 30,000 ltrs allowing space for steam and reduce expansion between baffles even with vents open, better to be safe than sorry.

Ex tanker driver… 25000 litres of water measures 25 cubic metres and weighs 25 tons

at ambient temp. and at sea level that is. if leaving on site and not transporting it then leave man hole covers open slightly. all tanks should have automatic pressure safety valves and vacuum safety valves to stop tanks exploding through expansion or imploding when cooling. (liquid tanks that is). Sorry to disagree but don’t drive with manual air vents open, it may spill onto road. loads are marginally lighter at the top of a mountain than they are at sea level. if you fire them off into space they will weigh sweet sod all ! If the tank has got a big gun on the front of it, don’t use it…give it back to captain mainwaring.

caledoniandream:
If you could store it on site you could load approx 30.000ltr on every tank, for the road it’s less 25 / 26 ton.
A normal insulated tank can take that heat easily not problem, most tank can take up to 120 degrees.
If you are not fussed about retaining the heat it’s and easy job, and every tank haulier who is not using food graded tanks could do it.
If you want to retain the heat you need tanks with steam coils and put it on steam, normal diesel fuelled systems would struggle with 90 degrees.
The temperature will drop steeply first about 5degrees a day in a insulated tank, and slows down when around 45 degrees.
It would stop wasting chemicals and paying for disposal of the waste water(not cheap)
So talk to the likes as Isotank, Bertshi, Abbey road tanks etc.

I post a comment and the mods check it out before it appears. By the time they have checked it you have already given a good and valid answer. Sorry about the duplication, its due to delay.