Truck water storage?

hi there, just wondering if anyone had a better way of storing water for drinking, cooking, washing etc. i keep a 10L clear drum but its not great. i have seen units with plastic tanks on the back of the cab, are these for water?

I also have 10l water storage, I put it in the passenger footwell then just open the passenger door and drag it out to fill anything. Dead easy, it’s a challenge while driving though. :wink:

Re. plastic tanks on the back of cabs … don’t confuse storage with the “tanks” for air-con pods :wink:
I’m sure some-one could maybe upload a photo to show these :question: :question:

I also have a plastic tank under the passenger seat, 20l. Then I keep 3 1.5l pet bottles filled with water. Those 3 will get you through a day or two. When empty fill them up again from the tank or tap.
Wouldn’t bother with a tank behind the cab. First it might freeze secondly it gets quite hot there when driving. Water will taste av fully quite fast.

Fits perfectly

Be careful using clear ccontainers for drinking water aand storing them in sunlight as after a short while (dsys) green slime develops and it ain’tto good for you :wink:

V8-Chris:
hi there, just wondering if anyone had a better way of storing water for drinking, cooking, washing etc. i keep a 10L clear drum but its not great. i have seen units with plastic tanks on the back of the cab, are these for water?

Spar do a 5 litre mineral water yoke that also doubles as a great ■■■■ jug after the pure is gone.

Them Robinsons HD Squirt things are ace as well, just pour some of the 5 litres in to a litre bottle for cheap drinks on the Road.