To lucyr,Harri,Leylandsmitty,easylife,Pmclough,kerbdog.

“routier” previously known as pmclough??
wb buddy!

paul

@ FlatBedMan

Yep thats me buddy. I thought they carried the same names onto the new TruckNetUK RoundTable site but apparently they dont; you have to re-register. As I could’nt log on I setup another account under Routier.

@ ATKIG11

Yep 5 weeks downtime. It was with my local mechanic for 2 weeks who turned out to be a bag of spanners. Didnt have a clue what he was doin. Told me it was the timing that was out and everything else was OK. He Couldnt fix the timing as he didnt have the right kit. Also then told me he’d never worked on a 4 series Scania before!!!

Picked it up and Boy, it was terrible. Fired her up and you were immediately immersed in thick white smoke. Lights were lit all o ver the dash and this company ( who are fairly well known and quite big, do a lot of fridge repairs) still tells me its just the timing!! Havin a laugh or wot ?

Took it to Haydock Commercials on the Sat. They foned me on the Mon and then hit me with the bad news. This was now into my 3rd week!!! It was with them for another 2 weeks as I tried to save some parts by getting them refurbished. I should have just got a new engine rather than rebuilding, would have worked out chepaer but Haydock didnt inform me of that at the time.

I have good input for this topic thread but im currently on another computer and it keeps crashing, I’ll be back !!!