The Weather

Hi All,

If you look at the following page;

groups.yahoo.com/group/motorcoachdriversclub

you will see a photo of my coach buried past its wheels, in snow. This is the famous “Lake Effect” snow which had blown in from Lake Superior. The snow eventually rose to within a few inches of the windows, before it finally stopped.

The photo was taken in Hurley, Wisconsin.

Cheers & Beers!

Jim.

Today (dec 17th) I experienced the strangest weather, I set off south toward Albany NY, the temp was 10f (very cold), at exit 9 on I 87 in a second all the windows and the heated mirrors fogged up then cleared and the outside temp went right up to 40f, I must have crossed the actual line between high and low presure. I left East Walpole MA in 55f temp and 3 hours later at Albany again it was 10f and an ice storm.
It is now 40f but snow is expected after midnight.

Crazy weather we are having.

Sarurday Dec 20th at 8.00 pm and guess what ■■? it’s snowing STILL.

Well guys, it makes me laugh when you all ■■■■■ about the cold weather here in the States and back home, but you know, its only 78f here today, dropping into the high 40’s, low 50’s at night. We do have to put up with the 120f in the summer so 78f for us is cold, the heating is on in the house and we are all wussies. But I do go to work EVERY day in shorts and a tee shirt…!!!

When I was back in Scotland in October it was about 50f the whole time or colder, I sometimes wonder now how I ever managed to live there…!!!

<<-----Blood thinned right out bloke.

Stuart

had the pleasure(yes more sarcasm cliff) of being back in blighty for 2.5 weeks got back home a couple of days ago, been flying around in a 4meter merc sprinter with a knackard gearbox, but still getting silly mileage out of a tank of fuel but thats another story.
driving down the A71 through france and in to the auvergene the department i live in, all was green and plesant passed the marker sign and then white out a line was drawn green/white most bizzare, came off auto route and started climbing up to home my village is 950m above sea level, my little suzuki vitara/sidetracker didnt know what had hit it.
back end slid out in to 4 wheel drive and climbed even higher, on to the tiny road to home and fish tail city not nice when there is a bloody great ditch one side and shear drop the other had to change undies when i got in :exclamation: :exclamation: :open_mouth: we had 18 inches of snow in 4 hours and it is still coming down, guys on the snow ploughs are fighting a lossing battle and it is bloody cold roll on summer.
hope every body has a great christmas and very [ZB] new year :laughing: :laughing:
chris

EDITED for language content- Not enough stars in that one :slight_smile:
ATKIG11