Weather :(

I suppose judging by the weather that’s blowing around outside that it’s the start of winter?? :frowning:

I was out on Sunday and whilst the weather was rather mild it did start raining when I washed the truck :frowning: Today will be fun though. I’m working in a field where the customer has asked for a “Four Wheel Drive” truck. However, He’s asked for a Unimog, and i’ve got this little Iveco Van. :open_mouth: Stop sniggering at the back please, it’s a nice little thing… :blush: Anyway.

It’s going to be cold, wet, windy, cold and my flask is still in storage from last winter. Oh well.

Hey, at least I can look forward to reading TruckNet when I get home in the warmth! Something to look forward to at least! :smiley: :smiley:

Anyway, enough with playing with the smilies. Time to drink up me coffee and get on out there into the big world…

Oh, and thanks for reading this and have a nice Monday. Try not to think about the weekend that’s gone :smiley:

We had some really cold weather here yesterday, and I assume it’ll be headed your way in the next 24 hours. There was actually ice on my car yesterday morning.

smeserver:
i’ve got this little Iveco Van. :open_mouth: Stop sniggering at the back please, it’s a nice little thing… :blush: Anyway.

I like Iveco vans…I’m jealous.

weather…whether to go to work or not :laughing: providing you have all the wet weather gear then it shouldnt be a problem…after all its only rain…years ago we had to put up with flat trailers…ropes and sheets…pulling ropes through the freezing slush…folding sheets where no one would help in the blizzard conditions…thank god for tautliners eh… stripping tilts down on your own whilst the loaders would stand and watch you struggling (they would be in the dry) and say goodbye whilst you put it back together again… driving across very bad snow and icy conditions…putting on and taking off snow chains every few miles, so dont talk about a little bit of rain…the drivers today have got it cushtycompared to way back when…and lets not forget that a lot of the vehicles then never had heaters, and if they did then they were very poor and the maintenance staff never made them a priority…night heaters !! not on the middle east run…loads of extra blankets…oh well i better give it a rest…
have a nice day

eeee when i wer a lad lol :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

truckyboy:
weather…whether to go to work or not :laughing: providing you have all the wet weather gear then it shouldnt be a problem…after all its only rain…years ago we had to put up with flat trailers…ropes and sheets…pulling ropes through the freezing slush…folding sheets where no one would help in the blizzard conditions…thank god for tautliners eh… stripping tilts down on your own whilst the loaders would stand and watch you struggling (they would be in the dry) and say goodbye whilst you put it back together again… driving across very bad snow and icy conditions…putting on and taking off snow chains every few miles, so dont talk about a little bit of rain…the drivers today have got it cushtycompared to way back when…and lets not forget that a lot of the vehicles then never had heaters, and if they did then they were very poor and the maintenance staff never made them a priority…night heaters !! not on the middle east run…loads of extra blankets…oh well i better give it a rest…
have a nice day

hey pull up a sand bag with red light and tell me your sob stories about years gone past,you’ll have me :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:ing in a moment :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sunday Plymouth - Loughborough on Motorcycle. Rained all day.

Monday Morning. Strapping plastic piping in - guess what - the ■■■■■■■ rain. Oh joy, did I laugh. Did stop soon as I’d fininshed though :unamused: .

When I go to the pub, our lass says your not going out in that are you(because its raining) I just say to her…well you send me out to work in it dont you! as I close the door behind me. :laughing: :wink:

When I started this job two years ago I had no idea of the conditions i’d be working in. A lot of my work is rather, um, cushy as I drive to the job, setup the truck and sometimes operate. It depends on who I am with. Most customers prefer to do it for themselves or are “ticket holders”. I was up until then quite new to driving commercially, but it was a job I was prepared to stick at, despite a few ups and downs.

Over the last two years I have been taken on with the company and they have provided a variety of clothes for work and stuff. I also carry a pair of waterproofs with me, which are actually very compact.

As it turned out as soon as I got off the M6 onto the M54 the weather improved. Passing Bridgnorth and it was time for sunglasses. :sunglasses:

Got to the job and the weather was beautiful again, slight brisk wind and the customer was a wee bit late so I had to put my feet up for a quiet few minutes (well, an hour). I even managed to take a few photos :wink:. It’s a 4x4 van, and the 4x4 bit works as well as can be expected. Of course I know now I need a run up to a marshy hill, but hey, you live and learn!

I’d upload a photo here but I can’t seem to get it to link to the hard drive. Hmm. I’ll have to stick it on the server… When I find where I left it…

When the weather really does turn nasty I’ve got a snow suit (as we affectionatly call them) which means I can stand in the basket all suited up for hours on end…[/img]

Today in the Stuttgart area the temp reached 29 degrees (celsius) and at the moment, 19:50 local time it is still 21 degrees. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :angry: :angry:

It’s October, it’s not supposed to be this warm, I’ve put my fan away and now I’ve had to dig it back out. :smiling_imp: :imp: I’ll be glad when the cold and the rain come back, that’s much more to my liking.

truckyboy:
have a nice day

Theres always one! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Well I can remember 2 m of snow wih the lead wagon shreading her chains so we (3 artics) had to reverse down 1m of mountain road and the cops didn’t stop the traffic. We had to pull in 4x4 drive cabs to get our trailers too their destinations with a valuble cargo on board then we had to night out with the thermometer reading -20 (true, on my life) and that was ohhhh let me think… Oh yes January 04! (Switzerland) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: