Tesla electric lorry to be revealed next month

Personally I’m disappointed there hasn’t been more development of clockwork vehicles. :confused: it worked really well when I was a child, at least on my bedroom floor it did. :laughing:

muckles:
Personally I’m disappointed there hasn’t been more development of clockwork vehicles. :confused: it worked really well when I was a child, at least on my bedroom floor it did. [emoji38]

Excellent. On another thread the concensus was all freght to go on bicycles rickshaws etc. No trucks no pollution no unemployment no fat drivers putting a burden on the NHS.
You’re providing a good alternative. One week we all cycle, next week we all wind.
As if there’s not enough wind up merchants here already.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

malcolmgbell:

the nodding donkey:

Dipper_Dave:
Solar panels on top of trailers and units, wind turbines in the front grill to provide charging.

Kinetic energy charging from braking, wireless leccy charging from motorways etc…

The technologies available, but you can guarantee the moment I plug my kettle in the whole lot shuts down.

I think the national grid should be more worried about Mrs Dipper’s super-de-luxe strap-on…

so what will happen to the diesel fairies will they be replaced by solar fairies, or will they be retrained

And will Diesel Dave have to change his name to Electric Dave?

Hydrogen?

images.jpg

caledoniandream:
It’s probably easier to build a small nuclear engine in a car or truck.
Advantage is that you only have to fill up once in a couple of years (bit like the submarines.

Don’t be ridiculous. Next thing you’ll suggest sticking a nuclear reactor in a submarine so that it could spend a few weeks underwater without being detected.

Never heard such rubbish.

Adonis.:
Does it come with sidepipes or stacks?

Anyway, it’s not a Scania and not a V8 so what is the point of it exactly? :confused:

A.

Stacks, along with a V8 badge and some introductive burbling/rumbling V8 sounds through the in cab speakers would solve that… :smiley:

Will be years away before we’ll see leccy trucks at 44t (and the rest) hauling up a gradient at 100kph with a 2000mile range. Actually…i’d say impossible…long live the 16litre hill flattener… :grimacing:

AndrewG:

Adonis.:
Does it come with sidepipes or stacks?

Anyway, it’s not a Scania and not a V8 so what is the point of it exactly? :confused:

A.

Stacks, along with a V8 badge and some introductive burbling/rumbling V8 sounds through the in cab speakers would solve that… :smiley:

Will be years away before we’ll see leccy trucks at 44t (and the rest) hauling up a gradient at 100kph with a 2000mile range. Actually…i’d say impossible…long live the 16litre hill flattener… :grimacing:

Ah, but it’s just not the same through the speakers, plus we are forgetting the scientifically proven fact that loud pipes save lives. :grimacing:

16 litre indeed, no replacement for displacement! :wink:

A.

the nodding donkey:
Hydrogen?

Hydrogen fuel cells will power the trucks of the future. Its the most sensible choice for the long range that is needed. Mark my words and trust me, I am a fridge consultant.

I would have thought Wi-Fi induction charging would have been better than the unsightly overhead “trolley bus” infrastructure, It’s already available. Renault recently charged a car on a test road doing 60 mph.

elsa Lad:
slighty off thread but I drove a Scania with a 340hp engine run on cows [zb] and I never driven anything so gutless in my life

Pity. There’s a renewable energy source in bull crap on here.

lancpudn:
I would have thought Wi-Fi induction charging would have been better than the unsightly overhead “trolley bus” infrastructure, It’s already available. Renault recently charged a car on a test road doing 60 mph.

I think you’ll find that hanging wires off poles is a lot cheaper than burying them underground.

(Awating racially offensive comments)

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Franglais:
I think you’ll find that hanging wires off poles is a lot cheaper than burying them underground.

I knew someone was going to bring migrant labour into this

James the cat:

Franglais:

I knew someone was going to bring migrant labour into this

PMSL :smiley: …i like your way of thinking… :grimacing:

Won’t be coming to uk then

engadget.com/amp/2017/10/03 … rig-leaks/

lancpudn:

The technology needed in charging batteries without wires totally escapes me … :blush:

The launch has been pushed back to November 16th now. It definitely has a look about it of the i-robot film truck. :stuck_out_tongue:

It doesn’t half look menacing if you saw it coming up behind you in the mirrors.

I wonder if the truck launch gets pushed back even further! I’ve read Tesla have just fired between 400 & 700 employees as of Friday the 13th, unlucky day for them for sure, the firings include managers, engineers, and factory workers. :open_mouth:

lancpudn:
I wonder if the truck launch gets pushed back even further! I’ve read Tesla have just fired between 400 & 700 employees as of Friday the 13th, unlucky day for them for sure, the firings include managers, engineers, and factory workers. :open_mouth:

They must have been reading my posts. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

lancpudn:

According to Tesla this is just part of their normal yearly performance review. They have around 33,000 employees and generally they need the best people in every tier!

the number 400/700 hasn’t been confirmed by Tesla, it’s just a best guess. Elon Musk, the head of Tesla, has said they pushed the Semi and 4x4 Truck reveal into November so they can push every resource and focus they have into ramping up production of their Model 3 electric car.
This makes sense as the Tesla Semi uses similar parts and production processes as the Model 3!

ChaosFleabag:
so they can push every resource and focus they have into ramping up production of their Model 3 electric car.
This makes sense as the Tesla Semi uses similar parts and production processes as the Model 3!

Until the governments suddenly realise that they can ‘no longer afford’ to apply no road fuel taxes on EV charging and EV users are ripping off those of us who do pay it. :smiling_imp: :laughing: