South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

Buzzer…………… is this the trailer you want to take on your trip?

Mr gilders Volvo parked up in bourton on the water,rowly try ringing him he goes abroad and buys old trucks he might be able to get an air con for your transcon

C8FDA94E-DC70-4422-93EF-8C611B48E5B3.jpeg

5FC7A423-386B-4DA1-A4D1-F6C0D1A9AC89.jpeg

C5CBC1B7-B836-4D1F-B1AC-B500F4899B39.jpeg

rward:
Hi hello everyone my 89 is stunnin all made possible by so many people a massive thank you to Andrew Cooper for a fantastic paint job and all is help westly the mechanic how the he’ll he done his part I don’t know Alan the electrician stripping every little part and taking hours and patience mugs Maguire stainles steelpipe work awesome job steve the interior what a outstanding job scrapper for the brand new air con unit and parts Dave holly tyres for his part castle coatings caerphilly loads and loads of parts sand blasting and coating Chris randsford sand blasting chassis and cab russ Fenwick from Scunthorpe for selling me brilliant cab and parts really looked after me my brother Kelvin picking parts up in Holland and a minutes notice to help me Paul pierce advance he would help in a minute Andy the fitter always there for me Chris at fleetwheel hours trying to get parts now a massive thanks to Steve at volvo nantgarwwho spent months trying too find me parts genuine ones this guy really helped me steve I thank you again and again and all the people all over the country and Europe who helped me because let me tell you I would never achieved this stunning f89 without all the people’s advice advice and help coz you can’t beat knowledge from older people I remember when I bought it home mc Jamie middle east legend in my eyes said to me as we sat talking drinking tee you got a he’ll of a job here never in a million years did I realize what I was taking on was Jamie right rip Jamie my great friend Jesus the Times when I wanted to Jack it all in done my bloody head in my wife going nuts saying all you ever think about his bloody lorries day and night when we are out you bore people to death but we got there there are so many I can’t think of everybody to thank opoliggies a big big thank thank you to my wife and sons Scott and Paul no interest in trucks but spent hours helping me but last of all Neil 142 who has been like a son to me nagging on my back all the time non stopp help you would not believe what he as Don for diamond of a man all through my illnesses 2 Minny strokes ankles pinned and welded and other props thanks niel and everybody who is helped would I do it again when I could have gone out and bought a brand new Scania no hassle grief stress of course I would transcon all stripped and ready to go to Andrew Cooper today for a start of a total refurb here we go again ah ah thanks from heart everyone and to any one I missed

Hi Rowland,
Thanks for everything that you’ve done.Aside of the cost,the sheer grief and aggravation of a concourse rebuild is enough to have forced most truck owners to have given up on the project.Though you drove the length and breadth of the country after flying to Greece eight years ago now to buy the truck.The look on your face,to me,says it all.

Hi all,
A couple of South Wales steamers here.Gwynne Bowen have been mentioned on this thread,many times and need no introduction imo.Though the Morgan’s Removals motor,is a firm I know nothing about.

038A413F-3D52-4F7C-912F-E93F349D89D9.jpeg

Hi Andrew,just looked up the Morgan he was based in York st Swansea a parcel and delivery service also had coal wagons on the railways hornby got model coal wagons with his name on

Tony Morgan Seddon Atkinson.

wales tony morgan.PNG

wales tony morgan1.PNG

Hi all,
Here’s a pair of Joints 1628 Mercs,E689 and E690 VCY,then driven by Clive Tame and Tony Kinsey.Parked in the coach station at Oostende during the early 90’s…

I anner been on for ages

Hi all,
One here for my old mate,Mr steel.A Thorneycroft Trusty? From Cyril Williams of Brynmawr, Loading tinplate in Ebbw Vale.

Hi all,
A next generation SCANIA here owned by Smiths Heavy Haulage in Bridgend,picture taken last week after loading this stainless steel tank in Dewsbury.Good luck with everything mate,we’re all there for you 110% .Those that know,will know…

Photo of my father when he drove for Eddy John of Cowbridge

rward:
Hi hello everyone my 89 is stunnin all made possible by so many people a massive thank you to Andrew Cooper for a fantastic paint job and all is help westly the mechanic how the he’ll he done his part I don’t know Alan the electrician stripping every little part and taking hours and patience mugs Maguire stainles steelpipe work awesome job steve the interior what a outstanding job scrapper for the brand new air con unit and parts Dave holly tyres for his part castle coatings caerphilly loads and loads of parts sand blasting and coating Chris randsford sand blasting chassis and cab russ Fenwick from Scunthorpe for selling me brilliant cab and parts really looked after me my brother Kelvin picking parts up in Holland and a minutes notice to help me Paul pierce advance he would help in a minute Andy the fitter always there for me Chris at fleetwheel hours trying to get parts now a massive thanks to Steve at volvo nantgarwwho spent months trying too find me parts genuine ones this guy really helped me steve I thank you again and again and all the people all over the country and Europe who helped me because let me tell you I would never achieved this stunning f89 without all the people’s advice advice and help coz you can’t beat knowledge from older people I remember when I bought it home mc Jamie middle east legend in my eyes said to me as we sat talking drinking tee you got a he’ll of a job here never in a million years did I realize what I was taking on was Jamie right rip Jamie my great friend Jesus the Times when I wanted to Jack it all in done my bloody head in my wife going nuts saying all you ever think about his bloody lorries day and night when we are out you bore people to death but we got there there are so many I can’t think of everybody to thank opoliggies a big big thank thank you to my wife and sons Scott and Paul no interest in trucks but spent hours helping me but last of all Neil 142 who has been like a son to me nagging on my back all the time non stopp help you would not believe what he as Don for diamond of a man all through my illnesses 2 Minny strokes ankles pinned and welded and other props thanks niel and everybody who is helped would I do it again when I could have gone out and bought a brand new Scania no hassle grief stress of course I would transcon all stripped and ready to go to Andrew Cooper today for a start of a total refurb here we go again ah ah thanks from heart everyone and to any one I missed

Andrew,Roly, what a stunning job, and a real credit to the painstaking work of Pete359… can’t wait to see it around the shows this year…bring on the Transcon…J&M colours.? :open_mouth: :smiley:

Hi all,
A variety of welsh motors here in Craven Arms,Magor and Margam.All images are courtesy of Chris Richards.

Paul barrow in his raymonds volvo

Hi all,
Am I the only one getting this error message? Also why is it saying Not secure?

pete 359:
Hi all,

Hi Andrew are you using photo bucket or going into upload attachment

Test pic

pete 359:
Hi all,

See DEANB’s concerns on the recent page of the Paul Gee thread:

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=147259&start=9990

PS. Don’t know the answer!

Robert

One of Wynns in the advert.

Click on page twice.

Hi all,
Thanks everyone for your help,regarding the image issues.Here is a Swansea BRS motor…