South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

steelboyf10:
Hey Andrew, have a look at the plaque in the window…

Good morning m8,
That big J,is owned by Lance,s old mate Jimmy Wall,a proper lorry man imo.Jimmy came with us on a Newcastle upon Tyne trip,three years ago…
Regards Andrew.

pete 359:

vanman99:

pete 359:

That should keep Flick busy for an hour or so to clean it!

Hello Si,
Even Birdy’s are dirty this time of year mate,lol.Found this photo on Facebook,sorry no idea to the names…

A younger looking Jean Tuck on the right[Don,s wife ex driver and Mr Rodgers with Peter Richards.
Interesting photo with a outbased motor in the background RTG .
Dai

Hi Andrew,I passed this on the 449 from Bridgend I regonise the driver but can’t put a name on him do you know who got an old foden flat bed

image.jpeg

smallcoal:
Hi Andrew,I passed this on the 449 from Bridgend I regonise the driver but can’t put a name on him do you know who got an old foden flat bed

Hi Smallcoal.

pete 359:

steelboyf10:
Hey Andrew, have a look at the plaque in the window…

Good morning m8,
That big J,is owned by Lance,s old mate Jimmy Wall,a proper lorry man imo.Jimmy came with us on a Newcastle upon Tyne trip,three years ago…
Regards Andrew.

What is the new project :astonished: as i see a very smart FL10 for sale on ebay :laughing: See you have been looking at Jimmy Walls BIG J could it be a ex SOM with a big percy in :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: well you did have a Marathon :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

pete 359:

smallcoal:

Hi Smallcoal.

That’s the one I passed many thanks for that I knew the genius would know it’s great that if you see something you will get info if you ask thank god for trucknet :slight_smile:

Hi all,
An AEC Mammoth Major of Evans Transport From Tredegar.Drivers were drivers back then…

4D41D1A5-0E55-447E-ACAE-16973738F712.jpeg

Hi Ianto,
I noticed the avatar,Mr steel earlier as being online on here.We will have him posting pictures next,lol…

John Beynon Evans DAF. 1977

wales john beynon1 pw.PNG

wales john beynon pw.PNG

DEANB:

Hi Dean,
Thanks for the John Beynon Evans DAF picture.As a kid in the 1970’s I used to watch them and many other Newport hauliers tipping Bell line box’s right outside where our family business was located back then.Here is a Cardiff International subbie?A long way from South Wales.

pete 359:

DEANB:

Hi all,
Another outstanding painting by Allen Spillet.The Storey Arms A470,Brecon Beacons…

20DE4AF6-6C71-4F05-A2DF-76A38D97DC6B.jpeg

W.G. Davies Crusader.

DEANB:
W.G. Davies Crusader.

Thanks Dean.

Hi all,
Here is Trucknet member Ekeri boy and his immaculate mp3 Actros…

This is another example of outstanding artwork from Mr.Spillett.I reckon new member on this thread,mr.steel should tell us all about it…

Hi all this was on deans page move hire Wales anybody know abut this firm and what work they done

pete smith:

pete 359:

DEANB:
Leyland advert 1974.

Hi Dean,
Thanks very much,Howells were a big dealership group in the 70’s.Ive got to be honest,I’ve never heard of this firm before!

Hi Andrew,
The only Eddison I know of started with steam rollers and then went on to plant hire associated with road resurfacing,
A Wynns Scania for you, Cheer’s Pete

Just to recap on Eddison Plant ,Their depot was in Fairways Crescent in Fairwater Cardiff, Another plant firm that disappeared in the 80s.

pete 359:
Hi all,
Abercynon based Thurston dairies ran this F10.

Thurston Dairys was originally owned by a Mr Jenkins of Thurston Street Abercynon until Don Griffiths bought the business out in the early 60s, Don worked hard at expanding the milk side of the business but later on he purchased some F10s to bring Masons pop from the midlands to his premises in Abercynon on the estate near to where Garth Bakery is situated and where the photo was taken,

Hi all if you look on page 200,201 quite a bit of history on thurston by a few members