South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

pete 359:
Hi all,
Not sure who JD Transport were/are? Though the 88 is welsh registered and I think? it may have been owned later in life by G.E.Keedwell (r.i.p.).

Hi all,
I am very reliably informed,by my mate BOB.That J.D. Transport were owned by Jim Dawe from Cwmbran.His trucks were blue and he later got into the plant hire business.Lew Lewis who years later went onto form L.C.Lewis heavy haulage drove for J.D.Transport.
Regards Andrew.

A former Cardiff Transport F8 MAN tractor unit.seen here in Ireland.

pete 359:
A former Cardiff Transport F8 MAN tractor unit.seen here in Ireland.

d75 ngn that was mine as I put the two Welsh stickers on

image.jpeg

Hi all,
Another courtesy of DEANB and the Paul C.Gee collection.I have never heard of this firm and cannot recall ever seeing them previously? However,it does say Caerphilly on the door so i am sure that Rowly will be able to tell us.

HANKHURST..JPG

Hi all, Andrew I wonder if this company subbed to Williams Brothers of Bedwas. Similar colours.
Rowley may know the driver!
Is that the exhaust coming out the side there or is he carrying a large pipe for some reason?

Paul

Hi andrew and Paul hankurst were williams bros you now how some firms change names for reasons. Well 100 percent that’s Gordon Williams driving that erf who I think they bought it of fc brooks not sure mind and a guy called Wyndham Richards drove it for brooks regards rowly

rward:
Hi andrew and Paul hankurst were williams bros you now how some firms change names for reasons. Well 100 percent that’s Gordon Williams driving that erf who I think they bought it of fc brooks not sure mind and a guy called Wyndham Richards drove it for brooks regards rowly

Hi Rowly,
Thanks for the update.At first glance,i thought it was a Yuill and Dodds motor from Scotland? Thanks for calling me earlier today,i will update you on friday afternoon.
regards Andrew.

pete 359:
Hi all,
It’s from South Wales,it’s a long way from home,it’s got a girder on its roof and it’s a Volvo.other than that,I haven’t got a clue!

It is a long way from home Andrew as it bears a ■■■■■■■ reg. no. ending in AO so it was possibly supplied by Taits who were the ,then, Volvo Distributors for ■■■■■■■ and Northumberland. Cheers Dennis.

I think it was Wyndham Richards who drove it chaining a load one day the dog caught his wedding ring and ripped his finger right out of his hand made me sick regards rowly

A couple of J.R. motors at Dover,back in the day……

image.jpeg

Picture courtesy of Chris Richards.They were awfull boys at Cardiff Transport…

pete 359:
Picture courtesy of Chris Richards.They were awfull boys at Cardiff Transport…

All ct drivers were all knights of the road lol lol ,that’s a proper back load ,Andrew just been watching porthcawl carnival on you tube in different years there’s you Nicola and young Harry in your Volvo :smiley:

Hi all,
Porthcawl carnival around 8 years ago…

pete 359:
Hi all,
Porthcawl carnival around 8 years ago…0

Hiya,
Ooooh’ I’d have loved to have had a little sit in this gorgeous girl.
thanks harry, long retired.

Hi all,
Three here courtesy of Chris Richards.J.R. The MAN years…

Cardiff International Iveco.

Hi all,
Image Courtesy of Chris Richards,an Owens Foden parked at Leominster…

A couple of ken jones of goldcliffe Newport.A 1635 and a newer 1735 Powerliner2.

Hi all,
To me,this shot could well have been taken at Sarn services? Dai (SCANIA 81) will be able to tell us where this one was based…