South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

smallcoal:

pete 359:

smallcoal:
Hi Andrew,that erf you had was that the original joints erf cause of the number plate cheers John

Hi John,
TBO 694N was new to joint in September 1974.driven buy long serving employee Warwick gittins from Shrewsbury.pictured here 20 years ago at shepton mallet.

Was it that or gbo which ended up shunting I drove one of them shunting

Hi John,
They both ended up in the abbey shunting.GTH 285N was new at the same time as TBO.This is one of the two? Courtesy of the Paul C.Gee collection.

pete 359:

smallcoal:

pete 359:

smallcoal:
Hi Andrew,that erf you had was that the original joints erf cause of the number plate cheers John

Hi John,
TBO 694N was new to joint in September 1974.driven buy long serving employee Warwick gittins from Shrewsbury.pictured here 20 years ago at shepton mallet.

Was it that or gbo which ended up shunting I drove one of them shunting

Hi John,
They both ended up in the abbey shunting.GTH 285N was new at the same time as TBO.This is one of the two? Courtesy of the Paul C.Gee collection.

I thought as much cause wally had one of them I think he had yours I enjoyed driving them in the abbey the old trucks cheers John

Hi all,
One of the large united transport fleet.This EC was a Cardiff depot motor,as was the trailer.driven by George Dyck,a few years later George had a new F registration EC.

HI ALL,
Courtesy of the Paul C. Gee collection.I think david beer’s ford transcontinental ? David was a J&M subbie.

E141.jpg

pete 359:
Hi all,
One of the large united transport fleet.This EC was a Cardiff depot motor,as was the trailer.driven by George Dyck,a few years later George had a new F registration EC.

E :wink:

Punchy Dan:

pete 359:
Hi all,

E :wink:

hi Dan,
i wondered as i typed that tbh m8.
regards andrew.

Sorry, iam being picky :smiley:

Punchy Dan:
Sorry, iam being picky :smiley:

you were correct though tbf.Did you park in west wales recently? or did the plan change?
regards andrew.

The plan changed ,I’ve not many electric board jobs left in Wales now ,I’ve been on it 4 yrs though ,must of been to every sub station and comms sites in Wales .

Punchy Dan:
The plan changed ,I’ve not many electric board jobs left in Wales now ,I’ve been on it 4 yrs though ,must of been to every sub station and comms sites in Wales .

Hi dan did you deal with a foreman called Malcolm Davies ,if so my father taught him everything with the electric board cheers John

smallcoal:

Punchy Dan:

Hi dan did you deal with a foreman called Malcolm Davies ,if so my father taught him everything with the electric board cheers John

No John I didn’t ,last month I had a look in the building at the big sub by Envirowales on Rassu ind est ,the noise makes you think your going to be electrocuted just going through the door !

Punchy Dan:

smallcoal:

Punchy Dan:

No John I didn’t ,last month I had a look in the building at the big sub by Envirowales on Rassu ind est ,the noise makes you think your going to be electrocuted just going through the door !

Hi dan them sub stations are noisy especially the buzzing it is a bit scary if you never been in one cheers John

It will be scary for Dan, they haven’t yet encountered elektrikery where he lives!!! :laughing:

Pete.

Hi all,
Here are two for Bewick,shaun Swain from pencader,in his mouth organ grille Leyland octopus,seen on a road run in Devon yesterday.50 years back Dennis albeit in an LAD Brady octopus that would be you and driver Eric postlethwait? Heading for South Wales with signode banding.

pete 359:
Hi all,
Here are two for Bewick,shaun Swain from pencader,in his mouth organ grille Leyland octopus,seen on a road run in Devon yesterday.50 years back Dennis albeit in an LAD Brady octopus that would be you and driver Eric postlethwait? Heading for South Wales with signode banding.

Hiya Andrew, how you keeping mate, well I hope ! It’s putting some ■■■■■ out of the exhaust that old girl :wink: The LAD Octopus exhaust came out in front of the O/S wheel and when the Power Plus had been working hard, like pulling over Shap with 28 ton of plate on board it used to blacken the whole of the front wheel. First chance we got I used to wash it all off ! Happy days Cheers Dennis

Morfa.

pete 359:
Hi all,

Hiya,
This Octopus is a bit of a smoker she’s throwing quite a bit of muck out
in this pic and just look at the sheet bit of soot on there, new pistons
and liners methinks, bet she’s had a hard life.
thanks harry, long retired.

harry_gill:

pete 359:
Hi all,

Hiya,
This Octopus is a bit of a smoker she’s throwing quite a bit of muck out
in this pic and just look at the sheet bit of soot on there, new pistons
and liners methinks, bet she’s had a hard life.
thanks harry, long retired.

Hi harry,
I noticed the mess up the side of the sheet.tbf to shaun he has not long returned from northern Scotland on the west coast road run with that octopus and drag.i dare say a lot of the mess on the sheet was from that?
Regards Andrew.

DEANB:
Morfa.

Hi Dean …great shot …looks like Newtown …Morfa had a few driver based in Mid Wales …handy for tinplate up to Wigan …Geraint .