South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

Punchy Dan:

pete 359:
hi all,
here’s another for dai cap,this foden has got a penllyne headboard :laughing:
[album][/]

From page 379 ,teinmouth dock I think going by the c series Erfs .

Hi dan,
You’ve a lot of tipper operators up your area.ive admired this companies fleet for many years.they still still do a lot of work in and around South Wales.a proper company imo.

Could this be an ex Mansel davies 290?

Yes they are a long established Andrew ,I know the whole family very well , I use the Siddalls side quite a lot ,and we used to do a lot of road runs although I’ve lost steam at the min :wink:

image.jpegDennis was right about the sheeting standards further south :laughing:

hi all,
four classic images here, courtesy of the book of faces and telekonsteve,Glyn S.John…

my mate philip stan evans,about to leave south wales for the north east earlier today.

hi all,
classic picture here of a john evans DAF back in 1976.

I reckon that NCK would be a fair weight?? Photo courtesy of tony Morgan.

Hi guys heres a few more from ourselves. Hope you like them

Mr R D Lewis himself outside the companies office late 80s

Myself, my dad and brother getting our Ford Cargo (MWO 990X) ready for Truckfest South West Early 90s My grandfather bought the truck brand new from R J Bowns Caerphily. Believed to be one of the first Cargos of the production line in Langley.

Our old Volvo FL6

My grandfather with two drivers in the yard

Tony Morgan pic one of mine changed to b/w by ? many moons ago.

A few more

Hi all,
A few here courtesy of Chris Richards.Hill’s of Cardiff.

IMG_4921.JPG

komatsu 450:
These are the 2 Groom And Llewelyn breakdowns posted earlier on in the thread picking up a constructor i was driving before an arguement with a car

The Diamond T has survived and is now in a partially dismantled state in a shed in Cornwall. My brother Lee and myself have recently bought it and are due to move it later this year to our yard about 25 miles away. We’ve spoken to Ron Groom who sold the breakdown trucks about 25 years ago when his father died and he took over. He wanted to do his own thing rather than carry on doing recovery which would have mean’t spending a lot of money updating the fleet. I’ll post updates on here if anyone’s interested, regards, Tony.

039.JPG

038.JPG

030.JPG