Slam Transport - Amazon

yourhavingalarf:

Franglais:
If I really did it…

It would be. [emoji3]

Lol…

Silly me, your statement seems to be in the past tense so, it appeared that you’ve actually performed that particular manouvre.

Now I know you’re only kidding me on. :smiley:

But.
A premature flick of an indicator?
A little wobble of the steering as one does a mirror check??

Franglais:
But.

But…

Shouldn’t you have checked before you indicate that it’s safe to change lanes though?

Hypothetically speaking of course, because you’ve never done this apparently.

yourhavingalarf:

Franglais:
But.

But…

Shouldn’t you have checked before you indicate that it’s safe to change lanes though?

Hypothetically speaking of course, because you’ve never done this apparently.

Mirror, Signal Manouver

Do you know whether or not I would do such a thing?
Do you, or more relevantly someone undertaking as I’m sure everyone here is innocent, know whether the truck you’re squeezing past is driven by a cool and calm individual , or by a fool like me?

yourhavingalarf:

LazyDriver:
Only thing I can say is they seem to have the fastest trucks in the UK. You’ll never pass one, but many will go by your offside. :imp:

Offside?..

I assume you mean nearside right?

If that’s the case and I know this goes off topic but, I couldn’t care less which side someone passes me on.

If someone was to pass me on the nearside they’d have to be on the hard shoulder, or in a field on a smart motorway. The only thing i get close to overtaking, thus venturing in to the elusive lane 2 are Tesco lorries.

LazyDriver:
Only thing I can say is they seem to have the fastest trucks in the UK.

They haven’t :wink:

LazyDriver:
You’ll never pass one, but many will go by your offside. :imp:

They can be :wink:

beefy4605:

LazyDriver:
Only thing I can say is they seem to have the fastest trucks in the UK.

They haven’t :wink:

LazyDriver:
You’ll never pass one, but many will go by your offside. :imp:

They can be :wink:

With you Beefy on they haven’t the fastest trucks as I’ve passed many in the last few weeks

New pastures

If you apply for days they will always make you stay out,so no real day work at slam,6 on 2 off is mixed with days and nights.It is a No life job.
Parked up waiting around for days is not rare.
12£ mon -friday £15 weekends.
Flybynight is contracting with them while events are cancelled.

Beetlejuice:
If you apply for days they will always make you stay out,so no real day work at slam,6 on 2 off is mixed with days and nights.It is a No life job.

Fly by night has been doing a lot for Royal Mail as well. See loads of them in the yard at YDC.

Beetlejuice:

Is that still the LTD rate? Are they still employing everyone on LTD? I recall the PAYE rate was £10 an hour, has it changed since IR35?

Jaxo:

Beetlejuice:

Is that still the LTD rate? Are they still employing everyone on LTD? I recall the PAYE rate was £10 an hour, has it changed since IR35?

Was £10ph flat when they were trying to get me involved.

I’m guessing standards can’t be too high as all I did to get a job offer was reverse onto a bay at Amazon Coventry which isn’t exactly tight for space :open_mouth:

Oh yeah don’t forget they’ll use your own phone as a means of allocating their work to you via WhatsApp.

toonsy:

Is it the year 2000 again? :open_mouth: Surely no-one is working class 1 for that in the year 2021?

DCPCFML:

toonsy:

Is it the year 2000 again? :open_mouth: Surely no-one is working class 1 for that in the year 2021?

It’s shocking but that’s standard wage in many areas for class 1.

But as slam will soon be owned by Amazon, that will be the least of your worries
google.com/amp/s/www.busine … 21-3%3famp

idrive:

DCPCFML:

toonsy:

It’s shocking but that’s standard wage in many areas for class 1.

But as slam will soon be owned by Amazon, that will be the least of your worries
google.com/amp/s/www.busine … 21-3%3famp

:open_mouth:

If you’re nothing to hide you’ve nothing to fear! :smiling_imp:

How long until that becomes a prerequisite to drive a truck here in the UK, and I don’t just mean for Amazon either? I’ll give it a decade, max. Of course, naturally it’ll be spun somehow to assure you it’s for your “safety” and “protection”.

A decade ago when they announced that driver-facing cameras were coming there was outrage and lots of “I’ll be hanging my keys up” comments. Now they’re fairly commonplace and drivers just get on with it :unamused: .

Did Amazon work once .Never again too many rules like my worst place Screwloose Lichfield.

Jaxo:

Beetlejuice:

They are Paye rates.

Even hermes are paying £14 paye mon-Friday days now lol…
Some of you guys need to look at new jobs with proper rates filtering out sinse the ltd bubbles fizzling out.

Beetlejuice:

Jaxo:

Beetlejuice:

They are Paye rates.

Some of you guys need to look at new jobs with proper rates filtering out sinse the ltd bubbles fizzling out.

You sure about that rate, they got c+e at Bolton on days advertised at the moment at £11.39 an hour, i wouldnt go for that but i would consider it for £14 plus

shullbit:

Beetlejuice:

Jaxo:

Beetlejuice:

They are Paye rates.

You sure about that rate, they got c+e at Bolton on days at the moment at £11.39 an hour, i wouldnt go for that but i would consider it for £14 plus

I don’t post lies.

go search indeed slam Coventry.

Indeed search staffline Rugby jobs for hermes rates.You can have your holiday pay ontop of the £14 PAYE no umbrella either.
Some of you guys on £9 just don’t look
Ffs…

shullbit:

Beetlejuice:

Jaxo:

Beetlejuice:

They are Paye rates.

You sure about that rate, they got c+e at Bolton on days advertised at the moment at £11.39 an hour, i wouldnt go for that but i would consider it for £14 plus

I didn’t say you was lying, sheeesh.

Here you go,on indeed Rugby rates are far higher than 2020.
Do some research.