Amazon Redditch

Does anyone know anything about class 1 driver vacancies at the new RDC in Redditch?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

It will be subbing for them maybe with Fly By Nite

I heard that Amazon had there own transport there?

Interesting.

Change of approach? Most Amazon stuff i see is sub work using their own trailers. Theres some units now liveried up in Amazon bumf but again these are subbies and they do that because they can get a higher payout per trip I hear.

Seems like you’re from the West Mids. Any decent jobs you’ve heard about.
I’ve noticed Fly by nite but it doesn’t specify what contracts are available.

Fly By Nite normally do events stuff but obviously that’s gone to the wall at the moment so they’ve filled that gap by subbing for others. You’ll get paid a day rate, you’ll be expected to take your 45hr weekly on the road and I don’t believe they pay parking for that either. Might be wrong.

You over Redditch way I take it?

Droitwich. Been on fuel tankers the past 2 years, it’s dead though. On my 3rd furlough!
I was at Muller for 16yrs. Should have stayed!!
Non been furloughed there!

Amazon don’t employ their own drivers.

A lot of Amazon trunking is traction work now carried out by various random outfits. Some have a deal with Amazon that gives them Prime branded units.

Shame, because a job working direct for Amazon would be a good one, likely with a bit queue of drivers.

From what I’ve seen of Trucks doing Amazon work, they all park up in laybys, take 9hrs off, then off away again. Looks like non pay parking or anything just a wage…

biggriffin:
From what I’ve seen of Trucks doing Amazon work, they all park up in laybys, take 9hrs off, then off away again. Looks like non pay parking or anything just a wage…

Amazon depots are terrible for HGV parking, a lot on new build estates double yellowed to the hilt. If your taking your time off waiting for a load, it can be a long round trip to proper parking.

rob22888:

biggriffin:

Amazon depots are terrible for HGV parking, a lot on new build estates double yellowed to the hilt. If your taking your time off waiting for a load, it can be a long round trip to proper parking.

A form of insanity to have transport depots with no parking for trucks and no facilities for drivers! Crazy to have industrial estates built with no no truck parking.
Stupid planning rules.
Next thing you’ll be telling me this country would have ports with no parking!

Franglais:

rob22888:

biggriffin:

A form of insanity to have transport depots with no parking for trucks and no facilities for drivers! Crazy to have industrial estates built with no no truck parking.
Stupid planning rules.

Watch this space

robthedog:

Franglais:

rob22888:

biggriffin:

Stupid planning rules.

Watch this space

There isn’t any (parking) space! [emoji3]