Self Employed under the WTD

Coffeeholic:
I wonder if our industry will get the same coverage when the WTD hits, maybe with stories of how prices will rise because of the extra cost for transport.

It may well make the news when things aren’t being delivered to the shops and factories whilst half the drivers in the country are parked up after 48 hours unable to drive and deliver nearly as much as before. Unless they bring in many thousands of Poles (which I think they want to do) then there may well be something of a shortage of day to day things because if the trucks cant deliver them, the people cant have them. Most of you guys on here will be parked up by Wednesday night if we go by what hours you work now.

Was contemplating getting me own wagon at the early part of next year, i’m now holding off on this to see what happens with the WTD. In my humble opinion i honestly think the government are going to screw the ■■■■ out of the transport industry and put the country at a standstill.

Perhaps thats what is needed in order for them to see the severity of their actions.

Failing that, all trucks should stop runnign for 72 hours and see who starts complaining first.

tiggz:
Was contemplating getting me own wagon at the early part of next year, i’m now holding off on this to see what happens with the WTD. In my humble opinion i honestly think the government are going to screw the [zb] out of the transport industry and put the country at a standstill.

Perhaps thats what is needed in order for them to see the severity of their actions.

Failing that, all trucks should stop runnign for 72 hours and see who starts complaining first.

Tiggz,

I agree but for some unknown reason the British seem to have no backbone when it comes to striking, there’s always those with no morals or princepals who wouldn’t hesitate to seize the oppertunity to make profit out of it and carry on working for more money, thus making some of the strikers go back to work out of fear of losing their jobs and then its a chain reaction until the whole thing collapses and people end up laughing at drivers, not taking serious notice. I think we could certainly learn a few lessons in solidarity from the French.

i often wondered what i would do if there was a strike by the truckers, and to be honestly even being an agency driver, i too would be right behind them on the picket line. I wouldn’t walk in a take the picket drivers job, even if they paid me scrupuless amounts of money. I have morals. I have other means of making money if push came to shuv.

I wonder how many other agency drivers would do the same?

robinhood_1984:

tiggz:
Was contemplating getting me own wagon at the early part of next year, i’m now holding off on this to see what happens with the WTD. In my humble opinion i honestly think the government are going to screw the [zb] out of the transport industry and put the country at a standstill.

Tiggz,

I agree but for some unknown reason the British seem to have no backbone when it comes to striking, there’s always those with no morals or princepals who wouldn’t hesitate to seize the oppertunity to make profit out of it and carry on working for more money, thus making some of the strikers go back to work out of fear of losing their jobs and then its a chain reaction until the whole thing collapses and people end up laughing at drivers, not taking serious notice. I think we could certainly learn a few lessons in solidarity from the French.

Do you not think, perhaps it’s out of loyalty to our customers, and their customers in turn?