self employed

i work for my mate and he wants me to go self employed due to wtd and high paye but still drive his truck.what would you do?

Tell yout mate to pay you more money and forget trying to dodge WTD. It will get us all.

Being self employed might help him, it wont help you, What happens when you need 6 weeks off with a broken leg!

t present the wtd is still up in the air as to weather(shocking spelling) :blush: self employed drivers will be exempt or not :unamused:

so at least hang fire until tony and friends sort themselves out

jon

ive got till the end of the month or its bye bye

Self employment for one employer would cause both of you legal problems. I work self employed & you would need to prove that you are self employed i.e. 3 or more jobs, resposability fgor your own actions ( hours worked, vehicle etc) & something other than driving.
I get around it by mixed work, I drive HGV’s, PSV’s do yard work etc, I do part days & anything that over a year makes me look good for self employment to the tax man.
There are many advantages to self employment avoiding rules is not one of them.

cheers for that alan.anybody out there know of any jobs in and around tamworth and burton :smiley:

can anyone enlighten me on WTD■■? is this that minimum working week melarky■■?

hi jonah

it makes a change we ain’t looking for drivers but i know mrs at ashby are

£7ph for the first 40
£10,50 after that

garuntee 50 hours night out allowence£16 you have to go on a induction course to bathgate in scotland (all expenses paid)

i have contact no if intrested

jon

you could always go back to jeffreys :wink:

jeffreys can,t garrentee i will take home more than 400quid a week or id go back mate :smiley: