Seating position

I started my new and first class 1 job 3 weeks ago . I’ve been given my own unit a Renault premium . But I just can’t get comfy at all and it’s causing me problems on my right shoulder blade . I assume it’s from my posture anyway ?

I feel.as though my arms are too far away from the wheel or my knees are up to my chin .

What kind of position should I be sat in . Upright and tall ? Or low and slanted like In A car . ?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

There is no set position for a driver. The stuff that matters is that you can reach and operate all controls easily. Then it’s a matter of adjusting the seat until you find what suits you.

If you drive with the driver’s door window open, this can lead to upper back pain. Although that’s not likely with the current weather, the same pain can be caused by the draught from heater vents. Just a thought.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

In a truck you do have a choice of position as you describe. In a car you generally can’t sit upright because the roof gets in the way!
Office workers are encouraged to sit upright.
School kids get their knuckles rapped for slouching. (or they did).
Better vision if you’re sitting higher.
I reckon upright is better. But if you’re having trouble, change whatever you are doing sooner rather than later.

It quite sit up right, almost bolt up right, but have the seat dumped as low as possible as I have short legs. Steering wheel set low and close so arms relaxed also. I’m 5’8". As has been said above I find if I have drivers window open during the night I tend to get neck/upper back aches

I don’t think I’ve driven a Renault before. Do they have the same seats as Volvo by chance?

Only driven 1 renault premium and it was a bag of ■■■■ rental, very uncomfortable.

As for seating position, theres no set way to sit just whatever suits you best. I’ve got in some units in the past and wondered how the ■■■■ do people drive like this? Try setting the seat similar to your car maybe?

Do you know what all the knobs and buttons and levers do on the seat? The seat base can usually be slid backwards and forwards to better support the thighs. The seat base can be tilted. The seat’s air suspension can be raised and lowered. The seat’s air suspension often has an adjustable damper. Seats sometimes have adjustable lumbar support and other adjustable air cushions.

Do you know how to adjust the steering wheel up and down, and back and forth?

Are you using cruise control where it’s safe to use it?