Scrapbook Memories (Part 1)

Hello again,heres another bunch of old pics…anyone know the location of the first pic :smiley: ,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

bubbleman:
Hello again,heres another bunch of old pics…anyone know the location of the first pic :smiley: ,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

IIRC, This would be the old A6 Shap heading south,Cracking photo of the old days, Regardfs Larry.

DEANB:
Some nice pics Bubbs !

Is Jacques a french name ?

The Blue Line Foden reg OTG 773L was also photographed by Paul ! :wink:

That S40 Fodens cab of Blueline looked homemade …but they did look awesome …Morris bros Swansea had a few of them …Geraint

Lawrence Dunbar:

bubbleman:

IIRC, This would be the old A6 Shap heading south,Cracking photo of the old days, Regardfs Larry.

Yes A6 Shap, the MB Seddon has just crossed Huck’s Bridge and the Wynns Scammell is climbing Huck’s Brow. The photographer is facing south.

5thwheel:

DEANB:
Some nice pics Bubbs !

Hi Dean,
Jacques were a heavy haulage outfit from Watford,dark blue motors . David

Hello David,yes i know of Jacques i wondered if the fella that owned it was french as its a unusual name.

Nice looking Foden Bubbs.

Heres another one of there motors.

1974 jacques atkinson.PNG

Hi again,heres another few oldies,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

bubbleman:

Hey bubbs ,great shot of the City Meats Foden ,that used to trunk to Scotland and Cornwall ,regards Keith

Hello again,more oldies again,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

DEANB:

5thwheel:

DEANB:
Some nice pics Bubbs !

Hi Dean,
Jacques were a heavy haulage outfit from Watford,dark blue motors . David

Hello David,yes i know of Jacques i wondered if the fella that owned it was french as its a unusual name.

Nice looking Foden Bubbs.

Heres another one of there motors.

Hi Dean,

Sorry,cannot confirm if Jacques were of French origin,but I agree with you,the name appears as if to be French,sure someone else on here will know though.

David

bubbleman:

i drove for a very short time for city meats out of their depot in waltham abber essex. a guy big j 6 legger and a s/a 200 , the seddon was the worst thing I ever drove I think. the guy used to march cant recall what engine it had but had a 5 speed box, gave it up as it was night work and my eldest was a baby and I just could not sleep in the day

bubbleman:

What a great photo of what looks like Reeds’ Island site at Aylesford / Burham.

Entering the Birkenhead entrance to the Mersey Tunnel in the early 1950s is this low loader
carrying a large marine propeller, probably en route to one of the dry docks on the Liverpool
side of the River Mersey. Just 1 mile from this location was Stone Manganese Marine Ltd.,
from where this load may have come from. The “Wide Load” ■■■■■■ vehicle is a Ford 10 cwt
van of The Mersey Tunnel Police. Leaving the tunnel is a “Post Office Telephones” Morris van,
followed by a Ford van of Stephen Nicholas Ltd. The next vehicle, a Bedford, has the style of
bodywork that was quite common at that time, particularly for Fruit & Veg companies.
The AEC tanker, maybe in red colour, looks like the Esso livery of the time. Ray Smyth.

Hi again,a few more old motors :smiley: ,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Another one of Renwicks DAF’s.

A00172.JPG

Hi again,another few oldies,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Another nice batch of photos Bubbs.
A E Evans did quite a lot of work for Carless out of Harwich and Longport int 70s.Their former name was Carless,Capel and Leonard.
I think the Harlow Chemicals Scammell was a Thomas Allen contract wagon.

Cheers

DEANB:
Another one of Renwicks DAF’s.

Hi DEAN ,and that could have been a Lydbrook based DAF ,regards Keith

Progressive:

Pproche:

Progressive:

bubbleman:
Hiya all,Fresh back from a few days away,heres a bunch of clippings including one for new member Progressive :smiley: ,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Very much appreciated Bubbs :smiley: showed the Maggie to my old man and he reckoned that that motor was driven by a guy from Wrexham. Most of the drivers parked their trucks at home for Progressive waste. Dad used to park his by the PMT bus depot in Stoke. All changed when Leigh Environmental took over.

Hi all, my mother was operations manager for PWD then Leigh environmental from the 70’s to the 90’s. Any old drivers around here?

Hi Pproche,
My dad drove for PWD in the late 70’s to early 80’s his name was Steve Comley from Stoke on Trent. I remember a guy called Ray from Eccleshall, he drove a Leyland Buffalo if I recall. My dad drove a Maggie 8 wheeler. There are 5 or 6 pictures on this site of Progressive waste disposal trucks and I’m always looking for more if you have any. Trying to rack my brain for names he used to mention and I think Barbera springs to mind, could be wrong though. I have good memories of being in my dads truck as a kid and the pictures on here are brilliant. Hope you guys don’t mind but here are the ones I’ve come across so far:

Hi sorry for the late reply, Barbara was my mum, my Dad John Howard was a driver there too. The chap in one of the pictures you attached is Ken Sumner. I have been trying to dig out some old pictures but not much luck at the moment, my mum had a clock on her wall at home with a Leigh environmental tanker on it!!!. Derek Jackson owned progressive Waste until he sold it. Some drivers I remember are Phil Davey, Paul Dillon, Les ? And Cyril Thornhill

Two more from Turners, a 1961 Austin and 1966 Bedford

I’m trying to work out what this one is. The twin steer front end looks like Scammell rigid 8 but the rear bogie isn’t, looking more like a Kirkstall set up. As for the cab? vaguely Atkinson?

download/file.php?id=237777&t=1