Scrapbook Memories (Part 1)

240 Gardner:

Ray Smyth:
Butchers van of Mark Williams of Wigan, with Preston Reg No. CK 6617, probably dating from the mid 1930s.
I don’t know what make it is, Ford Model T perhaps ■■. Any suggestions ■■. Photo courtesy of Ron Hunt.
Regards, Ray Smyth.

hop in
I well remember my mum trailing me into Mark Williams’ shop in Preston when I was little, in the days when you went shopping in town centres, and by bus!

And just around the corner, on Market Street, was Hill’s furniture shop, who operated a Rolls-Royce van

Hi 240, Just read your comments on Mark Williams Butchers. I thought that they were just a local butcher in Wigan town centre.
I had observed the CK Preston Reg No, But CK and RN Preston plates were quite regularly seen in this area…e.g. Ribble Buses.
Perhaps their head place was Preston. Regards, Ray Smyth.

240 Gardner:

Ray Smyth:
Butchers van of Mark Williams of Wigan, with Preston Reg No. CK 6617, probably dating from the mid 1930s.
I don’t know what make it is, Ford Model T perhaps ■■. Any suggestions ■■. Photo courtesy of Ron Hunt.
Regards, Ray Smyth.

hop in
I well remember my mum trailing me into Mark Williams’ shop in Preston when I was little, in the days when you went shopping in town centres, and by bus!

And just around the corner, on Market Street, was Hill’s furniture shop, who operated a Rolls-Royce van

Ford and Weston in Derby also operated a Rolls Royce van.Their offices where in Osmaston Road opposite Nightindale Road where R.R. were.

Tony

Hello again,earlier today I was having a tidy up in my external hard drive and found a folder of old black n white photos,most are not top quality hence them being put in this folder…however theres over a thousand pics so I thought it would be a bit different to show these instead of old cuttings.I have put a copyright watermark on them as I don’t want upset any photographer whose pictures appear…I hope they’re of interest,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

bubbleman:
Hello again,earlier today I was having a tidy up in my external hard drive and found a folder of old black n white photos,most are not top quality hence them being put in this folder…however theres over a thousand pics so I thought it would be a bit different to show these instead of old cuttings.I have put a copyright watermark on them as I don’t want upset any photographer whose pictures appear…I hope they’re of interest,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Nice pics Bubbs, i never knew Eric Vick run Atkinsons ! That other Atki Jacques rings a bell,i was either
looking at an article or pics of there trucks recently ! :wink:

DEANB:

bubbleman:

Nice pics Bubbs, i never knew Eric Vick run Atkinsons ! That other Atki Jacques rings a bell,i was either
looking at an article or pics of there trucks recently ! :wink:

Here-here! I didn’t know EV ran Borderers either! Thanks to Marc for another insight :wink: :sunglasses: . Robert

Hello again,heres a few more old photos,Cheers Bubbs :wink:

A few more old pics,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

img641.jpg

bubbleman:

Good to see you back on here Marc :smiley:

I must admit I haven’t been on here so much lately until I found Dean B had started his wonderful thread with Paul Gee’s pics and now you’re back too! :grimacing: :grimacing:

Its always good to see your collection of cuttings but even better to see some new pics - good on ya mate :wink: :smiley:

Lovely pic of Febry’s Foden - I’ve not seen that one before :smiley: :smiley:

Hi Bubbs,
Nice to see you back on here , the Amey Bedford with Neville cab conversion in particular - we used to call them “pigs” for their looks but not a bad drive though. more pics on the AMEY thread for interested viewers - toshboy

Hiya again,Nice to hear from Toshboy and Piston Broke,for me its nice to put up fresh stuff after a long while…as I said earlier the pics I’m putting up are not great quality but we cant turn the clock back and have another go.Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

bubbleman:
Hiya again,Nice to hear from Toshboy and Piston Broke,for me its nice to put up fresh stuff after a long while…as I said earlier the pics I’m putting up are not great quality but we cant turn the clock back and have another go.Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Unusual axle set up on the Entress trailer.

Nothing wrong with the quality of pics Bubbs ! I personally like black and wite pics. :smiley: :wink:

Dawson Advert.

Always great pics Marc, old or new, black and white or colour :wink:

I well remember FT Collier and Son of Chippenham. They had a lovely two-tone green colour scheme. I think the son (Mick)carried on running the family firm for a while but they finished a long time ago now. I believe there is a Mr Collier involved with JJ & S Transport from Calne - a family member I guess. They run smart red Volvo’s on bulk work :slight_smile:

Hi again,heres a few more oldies in black n white,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Hello again,more old pics,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

bubbleman:

Did a few months for Harry Norton mid 70s (bottom pic), He sacked me!

Love the cawthorns photos, bob hunter had the 88 with the stripped down tilt

twin splitter:
Love the cawthorns photos, bob hunter had the 88 with the stripped down tilt

Hi again,more C and S Twinsplitter,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Thanks for putting those photos on bubbs. Me and my grandad with my dads atki