Scania Centurions

Saw this in Thassos one of the Greek islands last week. Iranian registered.

Varrich:
0 Truckfest Scotland 1995

shugg, had many a laugh with him whilst waiting to tip or load at sainsburys when they were in rotherham

Edinburgh truckfest

20170805_132914.jpg

Cold Up North:
Is that the plastic one off the side?
It should also have a brass/gold one on the grill.

I am not sure if there were any LHD centurions, somebody on here would be better informed than me on that.
So you are saying that the truck isnt a centurion, but the cab is??

Ralph Davies had a couple of LHD 143 Centurions can’t remember if they were 450’s or 500’s.Lady Rachel was number 90,Lady Ellen was number 89.

20180911_162529.jpg

IHAVE THE SPECIAL EDITION PICTURES WILL FIND THEM AND PUT HERE

please do.

mechanic77:
Has anyone got any pictures of any of the 100 special edition Scania Centurions made to celebrate 100 years of Scania around 1991?
Thanks.

Found On the Web

rides.webshots.com/photo/2874142 … 6387zeGEMt

Also

dabble.com/node/44330884

Theres a post on here about Centurions, just do a search , think it was titled Robsons Centurion or something, and no, im not going to waste my time finding the link for you. :wink:

Have scania special edition pictires but cant work out how to put them up for viewing[/img][/url]

Many think that there were 100 Centurion Scania’s in fact there were only 98.
The 2 numbers not used were 007 & 069.
I have this on very good authority from Mark Agnew a senior man from Scania GB.
I drove number 066 (J525 UPU) from new a 113 360bhp 4x2.
I will post a photo soon.

kindle530:
Theres a post on here about Centurions, just do a search , think it was titled Robsons Centurion or something, and no, im not going to waste my time finding the link for you. :wink:

here you go… im out of work and bored.

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15631

No photo’s i’m afraid, but i do have the promotional pack i received from Ro-Truck as an enthusiastic youngster! They had an open day/night and had the Master Centurion there (I think that’s what they called it anyway, either 001 or 100). Got a pack with some large picture cards, an anniversary book, badges and stickers etc. They also had a load of fancy little anniversary cakes made up, one of which i also kept til fairly recently but i got a little discoloured! Will see if i can dig the pack out.

The centurian was the last good scania ,
once the 4 serries cam out it was down hill,

Baccy Bill’s Apprentice:
Many think that there were 100 Centurion Scania’s in fact there were only 98.
The 2 numbers not used were 007 & 069.
I have this on very good authority from Mark Agnew a senior man from Scania GB.
I drove number 066 (J525 UPU) from new a 113 360bhp 4x2.
I will post a photo soon.

Heres number 069

Wonder if its a flake then?

Possibly as there is a number 69 on the sunvisor (which I have not seen before on any other centurions!!)
There should be the 069 number on the badges on the side panels.
I would like to see a picture so as I can show Mark and ask if he could explain so as I can give other centurion enthusiasts more information.

Baccy Bill’s Apprentice - I’ve seen this one and got shots of the side panel plaques - they show 069. It was recently advertised on flea,bay and in Truck Trader from an address I think in Lincolnshire (saw it pulling for FreshLinc at Christmas)

Were the centurions any different to the streamlines :question:

Apart from a few badges and stickers, no. The Centurion was basically an update of the 3 series with different door skins and they came up with the Centurion before the streamline just to keep the customers interested in the 3 series while Scania were busy faffing around trying to get the 4 series sorted out.