Royal Mail Xmas work: anyone done it?

I’ve currently got two offers for this class one work. One is thought a local agency, and the other through pertemps, via my Army Reserve unit, which is a six week contact, and includes hotel accommodation. I could be working anywhere in the UK.
Anyone got any previous experience of this?

Shandy123:
I’ve currently got two offers for this class one work. One is thought a local agency, and the other through pertemps, via my Army Reserve unit, which is a six week contact, and includes hotel accommodation. I could be working anywhere in the UK.
Anyone got any previous experience of this?

Not done it, but I’ve heard it is a good number providing you understand that come January there’s no more work. If your happy with the short term contract for the experience I’d go for it for sure.

Did it last year, easy enough work, slightly odd start times, and everything is calculated by the minute, they don’t round up or down, with pay.

cracker-bar:
Did it last year, easy enough work, slightly odd start times, and everything is calculated by the minute, they don’t round up or down, with pay.

+1
Done it as a subbie, quite enjoyed it,not much hanging around tho

R M took the contract off Santa about 3 years ago

Most of the Elves couldn’t reach the letter box, and reindeer don’t have a hole for the addblue.

The first twelve years are the worst.

The elves and safety are quite strict

If your face fits with the CWU they will tell the management to let you work there

Are they up to £60 per hour yet or are they still peddling the £25 per hour ■■■■■■■■

4 and 6 hour duties are on offer these days…

Done it, set route same time every day. Had to help unload cages, not heavy, easy enough, 9 to 10 hour days.

Thanks for the replies, everyone.
In the end I didn’t get it. Pertemps messed me about. Plenty of other seasonal stuff online right now though.

Shandy123:
In the end I didn’t get it. Pertemps messed me about. Plenty of other seasonal stuff online right now though.

yeah , i like the you ■■■■ website

That’s r.m. for you I did some work through Manpower ,the money was good when it worked out. I turned up a few times just to be told that you have been cancelled or stood down.

onesock:
If your face fits with the CWU they will tell the management to let you work there

… That’s just to get in on the agency though! :frowning:

villa:

Shandy123:

yeah , i like the you ■■■■ website

Please don’t mistake “Pertemps” for “Preteens”.

That’s not what we think of around here when we say “Think of the Children”. :open_mouth: