Retro Truck show 2016

Good to see you on here, Switchlogic. Just tried to turn your pic round but failed! Robert

[zb]
anorak:
FTFY

Thanks mate

robert1952:
Good to see you on here, Switchlogic. Just tried to turn your pic round but failed! Robert

Thank you sir! I’ve no idea why it came out that way round. I’ll upload some more of my favourites later when I’ve time.

There you go.

Regards. John.

Well done steel boys again. Cracking show

Sunday was perfect. This was especially eye-catching.

20160911_114451.jpg
From the rear. I don’t expect anyone will be greasing up the fifth wheel for like, ever. The black chassis paint looked like liquid.

20160911_114708.jpg

Why did so many modern Scanias attend? I was talking to a driver who went and he said it “sort’ve made a mockery of the event.” I thought that the Retro was for old motors that could still do a days’ work?

Muckaway:
Why did so many modern Scanias attend? I was talking to a driver who went and he said it “sort’ve made a mockery of the event.” I thought that the Retro was for old motors that could still do a days’ work?

have a look at the few pictures that have been posted on here, there not all new Scanias. least they didn’t keep revving up and blowing there air horns all night and a lot of the new Scanias are standing alongside older versions from the same fleet, especially the Irish boys

ERF MAN:

Muckaway:

have a look at the few pictures that have been posted on here, there not all new Scanias. least they didn’t keep revving up and blowing there air horns all night and a lot of the new Scanias are standing alongside older versions from the same fleet, especially the Irish boys

good morning,
It’s as dougie says above.what is it in some people that makes them happy,only after they have bitched and moaned ? i don’t get it.the 2016 retro was a resounding success,with only a few who,saw it differently! sadly,you’ll always get them…
regards andrew….

I went to the Mini amd Metro show a few months ago at Gaydon and have got the “return again free within a year” receipt. Annoying thing is that I couldn’t use them for either the Classic or retro shows. That and the weather put me off of going on Saturday and Sunday wasn’t an ideal day for us to go.
Any tipper photos, anyone? Even a newish Scania one? :wink:

Muckaway:

How is this for you mate? Not so sure about it still doing a day’s work; it went home on the back of a low loader.

It’s next door neighbour might ease your tipper addiction. 1979 F7 parked next to 1968 S36 Foden.

Hey, was this the F88 of Pat Seal ■■?

Eric,

DSCF6049.JPG

A great write-up of the show here, with excellent pics. Robert

truckblog.co.uk/

tiptop495:

Eric,

Yes it was Eric, had a lot of welding done to cab by A+R’s workshop in Wednesbury, Cheer’s Pete

pete smith:

tiptop495:

Eric,

Yes it was Eric, had a lot of welding done to cab by A+R’s workshop in Wednesbury, Cheer’s Pete

Thanks Pete, thought it was already completly done bij Shirly’s after Pat it sold.

Eric,

tiptop495:

pete smith:

tiptop495:

Eric,

Thanks Pete, thought it was already completly done bij Shirly’s after Pat it sold.

Eric,

I saw it in the workshop, it had a lot of work done on the cab,

pete smith:

tiptop495:

pete smith:

tiptop495:

Eric,

Eric,

I saw it in the workshop, it had a lot of work done on the cab,

when Clayton had Pats lorry there was one small hole under the side light on the drivers side. i saw it in shirleys garage…Artur shirley didn’t restore the lorry Clayton King did it
he just painted it in Shirleys livery because he was aloud to use the garage at week ends… the cab was far from rotten…the reason Clayton had that lorry no one else wanted it.
the family phoned to ask Arthur if he wanted to buy it…