Reno t range

Will the larger cab version be available in the UK?

Some of the race teams have them Robinhood. Uk plates but left hookers. As far as I know, there are no plans to release the big cab (Magnum replacement) in RHD.

robinhood_1984:
Will the larger cab version be available in the UK?

I assume you mean will they offer a RHD version, maybe if they think sales will justify it.

But it’s not just the high cab that you can’t get in RHD. There is only 1 dashboard for the RHD range. Which is the shorter more basic one found in the other of the new Renault models. They did the same thing with the later model Premium. You look at the LHD dashboard and it has an extra bit which I think included a can cooler.

We’ve got a few where I work and was talking to a driver of one and apparently they are quite gutless engines…
I presume it’s a Euro 6 thing as the Euro 6 XF I’ve driven was quite gutless as well compared to the Euro 5 one I drive…

I believe many of the dealers and sales staff are asking Renault for the bigger cab in RHD, not sure its been completly written off yet, but personally I think it would go well over here.

Referenece the 11 litre 460 being gutless, I’ve found people more than happy with the pulling power from the unit, and I’ve had them on trial with customers running other marques with bigger engines and more bhp without any problems.

What we have found tho if the operation is heavy both ways and with hills/climbs involved the 13l 480 to be better on fuel. The comparion we had was 0.8mpg better.

For general haulage and especially trunking work im not sure there is anything on the market at the minute better on fuel.

robinhood_1984:
I quite liked the later Premiums. I had a 460 on tipper work for a short while and it pulled like a train, it was a great little workhorse and a joy to drive, although I found the “I-shift” controls on the steering wheel stork to be very finicky. I’m never likely to drive one of these new Renaults but looking at the from afar, they have to be one of the ugliest trucks I’ve ever clapped eyes on, especially from the side with the mis-matching panels etc. I’ve seen a few that look quite good after extensive paint jobs but as factory standard they look absolutely awful. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as they say.

Think you’ve misquoted there! Beauty is in the eye of the BEER holder!

Chrome Lozenge:
I have recently joined the forum and currently work for a Renault dealership. Although I’ve not been working with the Renault product long I’ll try and answer any questions you may have.

In the past I’ve worked for 3 other manufcaturers from parts department throught to sales, ran my own driver recruitment franchsie (mentioned on here years ago when it went bump :open_mouth:) been a cpc trainer and worked for a truck and trailer rental company.

Hopefully I can contribute to a few other threads aswell.

Contributing to threads is good, advertising is bad ! I hope you can do the first but not the latter :wink:

Driven one for 3miles couldn’t wait to get out the shed .

Engine and running gear seams ok unfourtunatly anything that is Renault is the normal plastic crap. Beeps at everything.

Give me a old Volvo or scania over a new one of these any day infact would rather have my old series 1 .

The one I had a go in was top of the range 520 .

Company has just put my2007 scania up for sale and placed order for New one of these to replace it they got my notice as soon as orded was placed

One good thing I can say it will never rust as its all plastic

I’ve driven 460 premiums which I found to be mechanically good but the interiors let them down, very cheap and always looks dirty because of the awful coloured interior. The new one looks like a big improvement and I like the looks, well, from the front anyway. The side does look a bit of a mess and what’s with the badge on the side!?!?!?! [emoji37] it looks like a manufacturing label to tell the assemblers which model it is and is supposed to be removed before they sell the wagon.

psv8:

Company has just put my2007 scania up for sale and placed order for New one of these to replace it they got my notice as soon as orded was placed

You chucked a job because you were going to lose an old scania?..sheesh!

Seen a few 8wheelers around, they look better with a bulk body than a muckshifter. They look like they have a high tare weight though.

Twoninety88:

psv8:

Imagine the company’s response was don’t let the door hit your arse on the way out.

It’s alright for those who are driving them, it’s the rest of us who have to look at at.

Radar19:
Any chance of a rigid version?

There is… its called the Range D , commercialmotor.com/big-lorr … lt-d-range

del trotter:

Twoninety88:

psv8:

Imagine the company’s response was don’t let the door hit your arse on the way out.

Complete opposite offerd 50p hour pay rise which declined. not fit for the job it has to do not the avreage trunking motor. Even the competition got one special order and they sent it back and put old 164 back on the job.

Am sure they have there place trunking up and down motorway but that’s about it.

Maybe your employer would give you that response but unfourtunatly we live in a world where drivers don’t give toss what they Drive.

2 kinds of people in this industry ones who are just in it for the next pay cheque and the ones who live for the job and it’s a way of life

Chucking a job because of the make of lorry reminded me of a digger driver who jacked because “his” Komatsu was replaced with a Kobelko. Just like the old “employment wanted” adverts in truck mags where you used to find find some clown stating “no old kit” even though they were the ones after a job.

^^
Not fit for the job lol!
Wtf??
Must be a heck of a job if a new modern lorry isn’t up to it.
I must admit I don’t tramp anymore just do 4 nights,out per week, but my 460 Premium is,well on top of the job, at 44 tonnes all the time, for what I do.
Comfortable,never misses a beat, faultless gear change and engine brake. If the range T is anywhere near,as good it’ll be fine by me and most of the lads I’ve ever worked with. Even back to the days of tramping 8-9 weeks,at a time!

There ok I suppose as Yard shunter more plastic than anything may sit in child’s toy box

My gaffer has now got the message and got a Mercedes arcos slt 630 to put through paces… Moved some gear in only 3days.

Not driven it on road yet but from first impression cab much smaller you get vertigo climbing into it and steering wheel is on wrong side. Storage not very usable. No clutch pedal. Flat floor lets much travel through cab as flat floor as opposed to keeping in footwell.

I can’t even reach side lockers and am 6ft

Got some fancy turbo retatder.

Am sure over next few days put its throgh it’s paces first task it has dragging 77ton/109ton combination over m62. Scania would not drop below 13mph so will be interesting to see how this performs as got 70bhp more but from what I seen Mercedes ain’t best on hills

Some interesting points here, and yes the trucks looks do seem to divide opion, although with paint or graphics the truck can look completely different.

On the lack of power I find this quite strange as in a few instances we have had our 460 against the local Volvo dealers demo 500 customers have either reported no difference in power or said the Renault pulled better.

Trim wise the truck is what you make it with just as many options as the Volvo’s and Scanias, infact in 2 weeks trial against a customer running Volvo and Scania in top trim the only complaint the driver had is our demo didnt have a microwave.

Having worked for some of the other manufacturers in variuos roles i like many had perceptions of Renuault products, having been here a year and done multiple demos and handovers the vast majority of feedback has been exceptional on the new T Range.

If anyone has any technical or spec questions please feel free to ask

PS - you can now have the badge either deleted from the factory order or changed for a Black one.

We have over 40 on our fleet lots more on the way best lorry I’ve driven and I’ve been at it over 30 years and had a go in most of the latest new ones as we had them all on long demos.
All ours are basic fleet spec and are run 24/7 clock up some big miles at top weight seem to get better as they hit 40000km, some small teething faults but overall spot on great lorry they just drive and handle so well.
Like to have ago in a 520 with a flat floor