Ray Whites Border Force Tug!

The difference is that this is a company running a commercial operation and must have foreseen the possibility of something like this happening and taken out an appropiate insurance policy to cover the risks concerned .

N.I Express:
The difference is that this is a company running a commercial operation and must have foreseen the possibility of something like this happening and taken out an appropiate insurance policy to cover the risks concerned .

An insurance policy that covers what?
The risk of seemingly excessive actions, damages and delays, caused by a Government agency? Good luck with finding a policy that covers such “foreseeable possibilities” for an affordable amount.
Insurance is run by profit making companies, and isn`t there to provide indemnity for lax Government employees.

If Border Force had reasonable cause for their actions, then they should, without compromising confidentiality of informants, make known their reasoning; but if they made an error, than hands up and pay up.
No need for a haulier to retire on punitive damages, they arent poor film stars who have had their feelings hurt! But some recognizance of harm wouldnt go amiss surely?

Sympathy to Ray White indeed an absolute pain of a situation.Border Force or is that Farce.My buddy was a Customs officer before BF and when
this bunch of clowns turned up he stuck it for a while then retired.he did tell me that most of them were casuals/housewives earning pin money
or no better than your usual jobsworth so perhaps that is still the situation today,never been overly impressed with any of them still if they
were up to the job we wouldn’t have tens of thousands of illegals running around the UK doing their thing.Going way back I do remember one driver
with a load of melons that had moved in a tilt,the trailer was about double it’s usual width and no way was he leaving Dover like that so he rang up
from France UK Customs and reported a lorry he had seen loading contraband,giving them his number.In Dover straight in the shed and the whole
load was unloaded,loose melons on the floor.Same as Ray trailer floor up,cab stripped and searched but nothing found but he left Dover with a perfect
load all secure.Trust Ray might be able to gain some recompense but as he is fully aware his trucks are in and out constantly…a difficult one.

N.I Express:
Surely any company involved in continental transport would be aware of the risks involved and have their own insurance cover in place to cover such risks . It is not the first time simeone such as this has happened nor will it be the last. It seems that everyone is happy for the tax payer to pick up the tab .

There’s real irony here since essentially HMRC/UKBA is Phil and Liz’s personal mafia and the taxpayer spent £50 million+ on Harry Hewitt’s wedding today. They didn’t get to be the richest family in the land by working for it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Crown Estates Commissioner Philip Budenberg pays for the wedding from the businesses formed in 1760. The taxpayer pays for the police, road closures etc for the safety of the public, much like a football match or Olympic Games.

Didn’t whites buy bulk tankers and the work not so long ago of a company buy the name of euro bulk liquids?? or something along that line, a shady character that guy was. May well be self inflicted heat.

Franglais:

N.I Express:

An insurance policy that covers what?
The risk of seemingly excessive actions, damages and delays, caused by a Government agency? Good luck with finding a policy that covers such “foreseeable possibilities” for an affordable amount.
Insurance is run by profit making companies, and isn`t there to provide indemnity for lax Government employees.

If Border Force had reasonable cause for their actions, then they should, without compromising confidentiality of informants, make known their reasoning; but if they made an error, than hands up and pay up.
No need for a haulier to retire on punitive damages, they arent poor film stars who have had their feelings hurt! But some recognizance of harm wouldnt go amiss surely?

During the foot and mouth outbreak when the government ordered the culls they compensated farmers. The reason for this was no insurance policy would cover the deliberate killing of healthy animals on government orders.

I see no difference here. A perfectly good vehicle has been damaged and load destroyed by the government. No insurance company will pay out on that.

I’m sure they are called Border FARCE these days :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I saw this on Facebook, obviously it turned into a ■■■■■■■ contest, with everyone telling their stories, or in some cases outright lies about their time in the shed.

I would say that someone has called the hotline after they’ve put two and two together and got five, they see big flash top of the range tackle and think that it’s obvious that Whites are bringing drugs in, I’ve heard it myself and I live in Canada ffs!

The fact that they found nothing won’t stop the spiteful behavior of some, but it will make UKBA think twice before they get the tools out the next time. You can put a claim in for any damage, but I wouldn’t bother with a downtime claim, they’re doing their job and some people do conceal contraband within the bodywork of lorries, it takes time to determine that there is no contraband concealed on a unit, trailer and within the load, so you would have no chance with that and could potentially screw up the damage claim if you pursued both.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

They should be accountable If nothing is found, they just cant drill holes wherever they feel like it, Unless they have suspicions, and yet again, they should be liable to pay for any damage if nothing is found.

When i worked for Europa, i had picked up a trailer from Paris, and when i got to Folkestone,they wanted a look inside, i was put under arrest…but stood by the truck, so they found it had a new floor in, and wanted to take the floor up…i notified the office, and they sent someone down …but by this time they had off loaded the trailer, and had the crew with their tools…i was refused permission to go to the Hole in the wall ha ha for breakfast…they relented in the end…but once our boss arrived…he persuaded them to look underneath and to know there was not a false floor…should have done that in the first place…ha ha …what they did find was goods with no invoices, and invoices with no goods…a common practice by all accounts…we all carried each others loads back in the day…they did claim compensation for the delays, as the load was to be delivered the same day…but went the next day…

Wonder if they’ve recently taken some bloke called Phil on.

How is it deemed acceptable to just drill holes in the trailers insulation though, surely if they want access behind there they should have an engineer from Grey and Adam’s or whoever is the box builder to properly strip that side open and refit it professionally with the bill footed by them. Same with The headlining in the cab.

Or put it through an x-ray scanner, or are they failing to tell us something, like they and the heartbeat detectors don’t actually work?

tommy t:
Or put it through an x-ray scanner, or are they failing to tell us something, like they and the heartbeat detectors don’t actually work?

The heartbeat detectors are well known for being unreliable otherwise why would so many illegals get through Calais, as for the x-ray machines went through the one at Dover and then spent an hour and a half being searched on previous occasions of being x- rayed if there was anything they were unsure of that area would be looked at and that was it, this time the whole vehicle was searched and as usual nothing found. Everyone else who was put through was also treated to a full search so my guess is it’s not working to well.

Or their dogs.
Twice I have come across frontier sniffer dogs, stinking of the finest green and the mutt hasnt even batted an eyelid.

It’s more about establishment flexing its “power” over the sheeple so they will tell all their mates about how “good” they are at finding contraband when in reality, they are pretty rubbish.
Simply a deterent. Nothing more, nothing less.
Sometimes get lucky and find a big bust which gets plastered all over MSM as a reasurence in what a great job they are doing, but somehow let slip (by some estimates) around 1000000 ilegals.

Yeah, right.

Armagedon:
Sympathy to Ray White indeed an absolute pain of a situation.Border Force or is that Farce.My buddy was a Customs officer before BF and when
this bunch of clowns turned up he stuck it for a while then retired.he did tell me that most of them were casuals/housewives earning pin money
or no better than your usual jobsworth so perhaps that is still the situation today,never been overly impressed with any of them still if they
were up to the job we wouldn’t have tens of thousands of illegals running around the UK doing their thing.Going way back I do remember one driver
with a load of melons that had moved in a tilt,the trailer was about double it’s usual width and no way was he leaving Dover like that so he rang up
from France UK Customs and reported a lorry he had seen loading contraband,giving them his number.In Dover straight in the shed and the whole
load was unloaded,loose melons on the floor.Same as Ray trailer floor up,cab stripped and searched but nothing found but he left Dover with a perfect
load all secure.Trust Ray might be able to gain some recompense but as he is fully aware his trucks are in and out constantly…a difficult one.

Did HMCE draw lines on the floor and tyres in chalk?

Wheel Nut:

Armagedon:

Did HMCE draw lines on the floor and tyres in chalk?

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Would that have been before or after the driver turned round and told them how it was going to be?

I want to know if the driver got his Xbox back?

Xboxs are sealed units taking them apart means voiding the warranty. Not a huge deal I know but I’d be ■■■■■■ as its my thing.
As for searching the truck I don’t see a problem with doing it.

adam277:
Xboxs are sealed units taking them apart means voiding the warranty. Not a huge deal I know but I’d be ■■■■■■ as its my thing.
As for searching the truck I don’t see a problem with doing it.

The searching of the truck is not a problem it is the needless damage caused, if they believed the contraband was embedded in the trailer then unloading the trailer and x-raying it would have at least hinted if there was anything hidden.
Surely in a case where drugs are suspected to be on a trailer wouldn’t it have been better to have given it a cursory search then put a tracker on it to find out it’s destination. If drugs are found on a trailer and the driver denies all knowledge and nothing linking him to criminality is found, with a good brief he will walk away wouldn’t it be better to try and get the brains behind the operation.
Although looking at the amount of cases dropped due to technicality failures by HMRC I would guess that for them it easier to lock up the driver.