Ray Whites Border Force Tug!

Is the driver locked up■■?

Wheel Nut:
Is the driver locked up■■?

if nothing has been found then I doubt it, my reference to locking the driver up was not to do with this case but the fact that it easier for them to try and get a conviction against the driver rather than go for the brains behind the operation.

Mazzer2:

adam277:
Xboxs are sealed units taking them apart means voiding the warranty. Not a huge deal I know but I’d be ■■■■■■ as its my thing.
As for searching the truck I don’t see a problem with doing it.

The searching of the truck is not a problem it is the needless damage caused, if they believed the contraband was embedded in the trailer then unloading the trailer and x-raying it would have at least hinted if there was anything hidden.
Surely in a case where drugs are suspected to be on a trailer wouldn’t it have been better to have given it a cursory search then put a tracker on it to find out it’s destination. If drugs are found on a trailer and the driver denies all knowledge and nothing linking him to criminality is found, with a good brief he will walk away wouldn’t it be better to try and get the brains behind the operation.
Although looking at the amount of cases dropped due to technicality failures by HMRC I would guess that for them it easier to lock up the driver.

I’m very ignorant when it comes to these things but I have no doubt a lot of dodgy stuff comes in to this country via trucks these checks need to be done. If people found out the border cops were not willing to take trucks apart as part of the checks then no doubt people would take advantage of it.
It is unfortunate when someone decent gets caught but everyone is subject to be searched when they enter this country.

I feel sorry for the owner of the truck but this is good to see.

Back on the road then!!!

tommy t:
Or put it through an x-ray scanner, or are they failing to tell us something, like they and the heartbeat detectors don’t actually work?

Research “security theatre”.

It’s quite interesting and shows how authorities rely on portraying an image of being able detect anything and everything and using that as a deterrent.

Good point, like Tv detector vans in the 1970s. It is possible now to pin point a receiver but wasn’t then and the van thing was a bit of a leg pull to get you to think they could detect your unlicensed TV. In reality they just visit the addresses on their database with no licence.

sent using smoke signals

It’s gone very quiet on this one anybody know anything?

bobbya:

There’s nothing to know! As post points out nothing was found and truck and driver released, end of story

switchlogic:

bobbya:

There’s nothing to know! As post points out nothing was found and truck and driver released, end of story

Thats a boring end to what should have been a good story.

bobbya:

switchlogic:

bobbya:

Thats a boring end to what should have been a good story.

And why prey-tell, what were You hoping for…,