Planthaul / MCL

DEANB:
Good pics “niknak” keep them coming chap. :wink:

Cant remember if i have posted this already. :unamused:

Don’t think so…thanks for the contribution…

You only remember the good times…

Top of the world…at least in Europe, on the way to Belgrade…

Easter in Lubiana mid 80’s

The opposition, and I though I had a big load!

Planthaul article from 1980.

Click on pages twice to read.

Good piece Dean, I remember them well, not the nicest paint schemes on their vehicles it has to be said. Funnily enough I cannot remember them ever doing any work for W.H.Allens in Bedford but of course E.Hull had their feet well under the table there if you get my meaning :wink:

Clipping from 1977.

hh plant haulage beds 1977 p plant.PNG

Always loved an F7 that punched above its weight :smiley:

FFS could you imagine a driver getting in a sub 300bhp motor now & setting off down the road with that up his chuff…Top picture that…

fly sheet:
FFS could you imagine a driver getting in a sub 300bhp motor now & setting off down the road with that up his chuff…Top picture that…

I had the unfortunate experience of being allocated an F7 once, not the fastest lorry, I only had it for a week before it was swapped for an F10, real power and still nowhere near 300hp :laughing:

Can you imagine being told you would be having a left ■■■■■■ Volvo for international low loader work? You’d be thinking an F12, maybe a Globey if you were lucky, then that F7 turns up in the yard :cry: :cry: :cry:

Here are a couple that were posted earlier by Ashley

European Plant Haulage EPH Scania 140

And another F7

When someone mentions STG / MCL / EPH / Planthaul / Plantship / Plowman etc. etc. it usually gets the response…“DON’T get me started”

They had some good kit over the years, and probably decent work, shame about the paperwork.

I went passed their old yard yesterday, it’s had a variety of occupants in the last few years including Rogers of Bedford who also went by the wayside, the yard is now empty and looking very sad .

The Pheonix has popped out of the ashes a few times there!

Planthaul always had impressive glossy brochures.

This was taken from one around 1981.

newmercman:

fly sheet:

I had the unfortunate experience of being allocated an F7 once, not the fastest lorry, I only had it for a week before it was swapped for an F10, real power and still nowhere near 300hp :laughing:

Can you imagine being told you would be having a left ■■■■■■ Volvo for international low loader work? You’d be thinking an F12, maybe a Globey if you were lucky, then that F7 turns up in the yard :cry: :cry: :cry:

I have driven an F7 too & took my test in an F6 of all things, I would have been f&&king gutted to say the least Mark, saying that they look ace dressed up like Planthaul had them. I’m sure there where a few Planthaul pictures in Anglo Greeks office in Piraeus, maybe they did Hoggies oversized stuff??