Planthaul / MCL

P.Booth44 (2).png

What a great thread this is. Love them old pics. But them F7 as a unit with them loads? Why not F12 al the way? Here in sweden the F7 was most used as a rigid truck. Sometimes as a drawbar outfit but that was not comon. But keep them pics and tales coming.

Dirty Dan:
What a great thread this is. Love them old pics. But them F7 as a unit with them loads? Why not F12 al the way? Here in sweden the F7 was most used as a rigid truck. Sometimes as a drawbar outfit but that was not common. But keep them pics and tales coming.

I think it might be the fact that the price for two F7’s was about the same a six wheel F12. I was quite happy to get a brand new truck rather than keep driving worn out F12’s, and the trips were generally more interesting…i.e. North Africa, which F12 drivers didn’t get to go to…
Thanks for your interest…

niknak:

Dirty Dan:
What a great thread this is. Love them old pics. But them F7 as a unit with them loads? Why not F12 al the way? Here in sweden the F7 was most used as a rigid truck. Sometimes as a drawbar outfit but that was not common. But keep them pics and tales coming.

I think it might be the fact that the price for two F7’s was about the same a six wheel F12. I was quite happy to get a brand new truck rather than keep driving worn out F12’s, and the trips were generally more interesting…i.e. North Africa, which F12 drivers didn’t get to go to…

That F7 must have struggled though with some of the loads, weightwise?

I can understand your reasoning about being given a brand new wagon though, instead of the worn out ones, colleague of mine did the same, he was given the choice, either a brand new P-cabbed Scania or keep ploughing on with all the more… erm… “experienced” wagons… he went for the little pony and was as proud as a 20 year old could be, going on trips that kept him busy weeks on end… different times eh :wink:

Keep those pic’s coming niknak!

pv83:

niknak:

Dirty Dan:

I can understand your reasoning about being given a brand new wagon though, instead of the worn out ones, colleague of mine did the same, he was given the choice, either a brand new P-cabbed Scania or keep ploughing on with all the more… erm… “experienced” wagons… he went for the little pony and was as proud as a 20 year old could be, going on trips that kept him busy weeks on end… different times eh :wink:

Ah well from that point i understand you,and here we have always been abit crasy about horsepower…

Dirty Dan:

pv83:

niknak:

Dirty Dan:

Ah well from that point i understand you,and here we have always been abit crasy adout horsepower…

Those Bedford Boys did not like old vehicles that others had driven hard… Shiny new vehicles were better…

We got given a gallon tin of turlewax when we started…we had plenty of time to use it…
The F7’s grunted up hills loaded alright, it was coming down them that took a bit of skill!

Good pics “niknak” keep them coming chap. :wink:

Cant remember if i have posted this already. :unamused:

plantha.PNG