Pickfords Tank Haulage, Harold Woods and Tankfreight

Apparently a long serving security chappie at Ludwigshafen in the 80s, not sure if he had musical or gay tendancies though ?

A nice mix of Tankfreight and Harlold Woods in the change over period in the mid 70’s, not sure if its the best way of getting a new motor though !!

Sounds like a DJ, a selection from the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and the last one from 2000

New workshop in Widnes

Loading at ICI Runcorn

In the yard at Widnes

Petrol Station in the midlands

Rhodia Oldbury

The old and the (relatively) new

Added a few more that may be remembered

Starting with the water job, Tankfreight did well out of it along with a few more, remember all sort turned up in the first few days when the shout went out, powder tanks that lost half a load before the end of the trip, along with all types shapes and sizes. By the end when everything was bar-coded it seemed to go OK - tanks actually turned up clean !!

A flying tanker - or another attempt to help the countries congestion

Another go at rail, worked Ok, but not viable

And finally, still running today ?

This is a n outbased lincoln tankfrieght iveco.Picture taken at newark syrup factory.

Nice photo of the Iveco Nigel, forgot that those pesky Iveco got everwhere !!

Your dad will obviously remember the scuds, what about the managers in this photo. As far as I can remember the Merc’s where on the job for the longest period of time, what did your Dad drive,
Do you have any more photos ?

Two more of the same iveco,taken at lincoln depot.Dad had a new merc but he never had any photos.

A couple more Mercs from around the same time as the Lincoln Iveco, Immingham based vehicles but presumable same spec as the sugar truck merc’s
One tipping Sulphur at Staveley and the other on the docks at Immingham I think

A few more, all based in Widnes or Urmston

Borrowed from Bubblemans thread, atki loading starch in CPC Trafford park early seventies

Same tanks streched 10 years or so later, the control linkages got sloppy so we had to watch for the front tank lifting first and flatting the front dish of the 2nd tank.
Up to max pressure when empty soon popped it out agin though !

Some photos from the Harold Woods fleet early seventies, anyone recognise the ferry and port ?

John Vaughn - RIP - ex Urmston driver spent several years as shop steward, ran with Billy critchley and Andy partington on the Shell Plastics fleet out of Carrington

Awww thanks mate my dad would of smiled at the picture but would of hated the jacket he’s wearing!!

Awww thanks mate my dad would of smiled at the picture but would of hated the jacket he’s wearing!!

i knew john mate him and andy worked out of shell carrington great lads

Another guy who knew my dad john, dont suppose u have any pics of the shell wagons?

yeh top man your dad was bumped into andy in asda a few years ago and he told me what had happened , ive got a pic somewhere will try and find it for you its of two erf units brand new in the urmston depot

Yeah that would be wicked mate thanks for that, id love too see andy again

Good thread this more please :sunglasses: