Petition for hgv facilities

Seen this on faceache.

Probably won’t do any good, but it’s got almost 10k already.

petition.parliament.uk/petition … 7u0fWk6fI4

I’ve signed it just for the hell of it. At least I am on the mailing list now so I can read the drivel they come out with when they have to reply.

Just take a ■■■■ against the wind, it’ll have the same effect.
News flash…no ■■■■ cares enough to do anything about our problems .!! :bulb:
Never have, never will. :bulb:

Signed it. Took less than a minute of my time, probably as long as the usual suspects take to write on here that it’s a waste of effort.

Nice to see all us drivers sticking together as usual.

Sidevalve:
Signed it. Took less than a minute of my time, probably as long as the usual suspects take to write on here that it’s a waste of effort.

Look mate, I’m all for sticking together, who knows what we could achieve…you’re preaching to the converted here, but drivers have not got the will nor the balls to stick together as one body, too many arse crawlers and yes men for that.

I’m also a realist, I’d bet a weeks wages and wear a Sunderland shirt for the same week that the far end of f.all will be achieved.
As I said nobody but nobody gives a ■■■■ about any problems we have, that is why all the numerous town truck parks have disappeared and not been replaced by local councillors, and politicians care even less…We are on our own, the individual has to look after numero uno to make a decent life in this job. :bulb:
Just you prove me wrong if you think you know better.
‘Usual suspect’ or not, unfortunately I AM right.
:unamused:

robroy:

Sidevalve:

Look mate, I’m all for sticking together, who knows what we could achieve…you’re preaching to the converted here, but drivers have not got the will nor the balls to stick together as one body, too many arse crawlers and yes men for that.

I’m also a realist, I’d bet a weeks wages and wear a Sunderland shirt for the same week that the far end of f.all will be achieved.
As I said nobody but nobody gives a [zb] about any problems we have, that is why all the numerous town truck parks have disappeared and not been replaced by local councillors, and politicians care even less…We are on our own, the individual has to look after numero uno to make a decent life in this job. :bulb:

Rob, I’m with you on this one. I remember the days gone by, when we were respected, where we had facilities,

It’s now the fact that we as drivers have made our bed,

disrespect of others,
dirty filthy habits of peeing on the tarmac,(and more in the bushes)
lots of drivers parking on premise areas, but not using the restaurant,
the list can go on and on and on …

and now we have to lie in it !!!

Only British citizens can sign this petition - 9822 have signed as of this moment -

@pierrot
Exactly…drivers are their own worst enemies, they can ■■■■ things up very successfully for themselves without waiting for somebody to do it for them.

As for sticking together, the last time any form of solidarity occurred was around 99 when the fuel protests were on, before that it was the drivers strike of 79, however little was won, at least it was something.
Drivers today will put up with any bloody thing that is dished out to them, if the ones with balls make a lone stand, air their views and point out injustices, they are branded as gobby and a trouble maker.
The petition (however good intentionned) will be lucky to achieve a very small percentage of drivers.

robroy:

Sidevalve:

As I said nobody but nobody gives a [zb] about any problems we have, that is why all the numerous town truck parks have disappeared and not been replaced by local councillors, and politicians care even less…We are on our own, the individual has to look after numero uno to make a decent life in this job. :bulb:

Even tho I would try my damdest, to prove RobRoy wrong just to see that, I know it ain’t ever going to happen…

OwenMoney:
Only British citizens can sign this petition - 9822 have signed as of this moment -

Coupla dozen more signed now.
Should break 10,000 easily enough, but 100,000 for a debate? There aren`t that many licence holders, and certainly not that many actually doing the job.
One might think a few wives would sign hoping to encourage the ole man to get away more?

Simples, money. Who is going to pay for this ? Everyday there is something or someone who thinks that they are more special then others and needs more money etc for their cause. From mental health, schools, old people care, over crowded trains the list is endless. So money is the answer.

109LWB:
Seen this on faceache.

Probably won’t do any good, but it’s got almost 10k already.

petition.parliament.uk/petition … 7u0fWk6fI4

Done

done and i dont drive anymore :slight_smile: