Re: epetition for better facilities for lorry drivers

This is regarding this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=79515
On Tuesday, lincs_lorryist posted something encouraging readers to sign an e-petition for better facilities for lorry drivers.

It has seen many posts expressing support, both on here and where it has been mentioned on another website forum.

I understand you may not want to get too involvled but the reason I am raising it here is because in this instance the problem has been highlighted by both the RHA and the Trade Union movement in the past and is something that is a recognised problem for both drivers and those who run haulage companies as well as professions which are associated with the industry.

The post is currently (to my knowledge) only a normal post in the professional drivers forum. Some lorry enthusiasts and retired drivers who read other forums may be interested in this as well and that is the reason for my query.

Would it be against TNUK policy to put something about this on the board index somewhere or as a sticky post at the top of the threads with an explanatory note in some relevant forums as this is a petition which is set to run for a year and nobody is holding a gun to anyones head to force people to sign it.

Could you not do something like this whilst expressing your impartiality, if that is the case?

Hi RS,

It’s not necessarily against TN policy to support something.

This is from the forum rules:

We don’t actively campaign as a general rule, although occasionally do support specific causes. If you would like our help in that regard, PM Rikki-UK, or e-mail him at UKAdmin@Truck.Net.

If you click the link and send an email, it will come to the attention of the relevant person who makes the decision:

:arrow_right: UKAdmin@Truck.Net.