Pay Rise???????????????

“Arse” is allowed.L. :wink: :grimacing: :grimacing:
[/quote]

ARSE :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Are these the poorest paying driving jobs in the country? I have just re-calculated the weekly wage about 5 times because I thought I was making a mistake. Wait for this… Class 1 driver working 47.5hrs a week and earning £265 before stoppages.

From Jobcentreplus:

STOCKTON, CLEVELAND Hours40 PER WEEK MONDAY-FRIDAY 7.30AM-5PM Wage£4.80 PER HOUR EmployerG.W Seymour TransportDurationPERMANENT

DescriptionExperienced Class 2 drivers required to deliver and pick up skips in and around the North East area. Must have class 2 driving experience. Hours of work are Monday to Friday 7.30am-5pm but the last hour is paid at time and a half, basic week 40 hours plus 5 hours per week overtime. Occasional optional Saturday overtime if required. C.V with covering letter to Employer, for the attention of Mrs Wilson.

STOCKTON, CLEVELAND Hours40 PER WEEK MONDAY-FRIDAY 7.30AM-5.00PM Wage£5.30 PER HOUR EmployerG.W Seymour TransportDurationPERMANENT

DescriptionMust be an experienced Class 1 driver. with experience of tipping trailers. To work both locally and in various locations in the UK. Duties will include tipping trailers. Hours of work are Monday to Friday 7.30am- 5pm but the last hour is paid at time and a half, basic week 40 hours plus 5 hours per week overtime. Occasional optional Saturday overtime if required. C.V with covering letter to Employer, for the attention of Mrs Wilson.

There could be one worse from the same site for a job in Lewes, Sussex as it simply refers to the wage as being “above national minimum wage” whatever that could be.

TONY:
… wants shafting with a frosted MOP… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

LMAO! where the hell do you get all these sayings from Tone!! :laughing:

Mal.

My money can be pretty ■■■■ poor according to what hours I put in.

40 hrs = £10 an hour
45 hrs = £ 8.88 hr
50 hrs = £ 8 hr
55 hrs = £ 7.27 hr
60 hrs = £ 6.66 hr
65 hrs = £ 6.15 hr
70 hrs = £ 5.71 hr
71 hrs = £ 5.63 hr

I reckon most weeks I do around 60-65 hrs a week. But, if I do 40 hours, I still get the same.

Mal.

Glad i aint offended anyone Mal, it was just my way of expressing my opinion on the 5.25 p/h for class 1!!! I would rather push a pram round salford collect`in scrap than LOWER MYSELF TO WORK FOR THAT… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Mal:
My money can be pretty [ZB] poor according to what hours I put in.

40 hrs = £10 an hour
45 hrs = £ 8.88 hr
50 hrs = £ 8 hr
55 hrs = £ 7.27 hr
60 hrs = £ 6.66 hr
65 hrs = £ 6.15 hr
70 hrs = £ 5.71 hr
71 hrs = £ 5.63 hr

I reckon most weeks I do around 60-65 hrs a week. But, if I do 40 hours, I still get the same.

Mal.

Why didn’t you just say you were on £400/week Mal :question: :laughing: And you know you’re never going to get away with 40hrs EVER :exclamation: :laughing:

TONY:
Glad i aint offended anyone Mal, it was just my way of expressing my opinion on the 5.25 p/h for class 1!!! I would rather push a pram round salford collect`in scrap than LOWER MYSELF TO WORK FOR THAT… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Well you aint ever offended me Tone, i wouldnt know about anyone else though. I have a good laugh at what you say, especially if its a rant with thosde funny sayings! :slight_smile:

Mal.

Rob K:

Mal:
My money can be pretty [ZB] poor according to what hours I put in.

40 hrs = £10 an hour
45 hrs = £ 8.88 hr
50 hrs = £ 8 hr
55 hrs = £ 7.27 hr
60 hrs = £ 6.66 hr
65 hrs = £ 6.15 hr
70 hrs = £ 5.71 hr
71 hrs = £ 5.63 hr

Mal.

Why didn’t you just say you were on £400/week Mal :question: :laughing: And you know you’re never going to get away with 40hrs EVER :exclamation: :laughing:

You know what Rob, youre right, about both things! :laughing: Come to think of it, it seems like a daft post now with hindsight! :sunglasses:

Mal.

Mal,
Won’t look so daft march next year!!! :open_mouth:

I’m looking at a £200 a week pay cut. :imp:
I know I wish I was on salary for when it comes around. :smiley:

Oh and before it gets muted yes I may be on Mop+Bucket money :unamused: but I’d sure as hell rather drive for 60 hrs a week than push a mop about !!!
i’ve done both and this I prefer. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

I get £5.75 an hour, time & half after 8, work an average 61 hour week which works out at £411 per week which you call mop & bucket money, but I am a lorry driver because i like the job and have done it for the last 25 years, I don’t have somebody breathing down my neck all day telling me what to do, i also wonder whether all you blokes that slag these sort of jobs off would be prepared to back us if the union’s decided to call a national strike to get our wage’s up to your level. But I won’t hold my breath.

Gerch:
I get £5.75 an hour, time & half after 8, work an average 61 hour week which works out at £411 per week which you call mop & bucket money, but I am a lorry driver because i like the job and have done it for the last 25 years, I don’t have somebody breathing down my neck all day telling me what to do, i also wonder whether all you blokes that slag these sort of jobs off would be prepared to back us if the union’s decided to call a national strike to get our wage’s up to your level. But I won’t hold my breath.

no your right i would not go on strike for you :exclamation:

but after 25 years driving i would be insulted to work for £5.75 an hour

do they dock you an hour a day for dinner :question:

do they pay you clock to clock?

if not jack it in

only by refusing to work for peanuts will you get a rise :exclamation: :exclamation:

your distiny is in your hands not mine

good luck

jon

flub007:
Mal,
Won’t look so daft march next year!!! :open_mouth:

I’m looking at a £200 a week pay cut. :imp:
I know I wish I was on salary for when it comes around. :smiley:

Oh and before it gets muted yes I may be on Mop+Bucket money :unamused: but I’d sure as hell rather drive for 60 hrs a week than push a mop about !!!
i’ve done both and this I prefer. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Well, the thing is flub, I dont know what the hell id be on after March next year! If we aint earning the money with the motor we are now, I doubt I’ll get the same pay. The little firms will be hit the hardest Im sure.

Mal.