Older wagons still earning their corn

My old Scania is still earning her corn 24 years young and still plated to gross 85tons!!

Taken a couple of weeks ago in Southampton Docks taking an 8 wheel Hino for export to Australia

Regards Pat

Here’s another couple Pat taken earlier this year !!

Regards Jimski

still putting a full shift in my old erf & my bros.f12should be in tata livery now

IM not 100% but i think it was based in wellesbourne i drove for Taylor Barnard therequote=“Paulson”]

bubbleman:
Hi,Heres our shunter/spare wagon seen on Strensham last night,I did just over 500kms in her…not bad for a 15 year old.

She wont win any beauty contests and has her fair share of battle scars but she quite happily poodles along at about 54mph,gets a little out of puff on hills but is totally street legal :smiley:
Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

formerly Taylor Barnard, given the colour and Suffolk reg■■?
[/quote]

aussie expat:
IM not 100% but i think it was based in wellesbourne i drove for Taylor Barnard therequote=“Paulson”]

bubbleman:
Hi,Heres our shunter/spare wagon seen on Strensham last night,I did just over 500kms in her…not bad for a 15 year old.

She wont win any beauty contests and has her fair share of battle scars but she quite happily poodles along at about 54mph,gets a little out of puff on hills but is totally street legal :smiley:

formerly Taylor Barnard, given the colour and Suffolk reg■■?

[/quote]
Hi,yep aussie expat…100% spot on,R149DPV spent her time at Wellesbourne and ended up as their shunter,she came down to Bristol about 2 years ago and generally got pretty abused…everyone using it.The lorry has to cross a public road so it has to be kept legal,about 6 months ago we had no choice but to use her for a small local job and Muggins here got the job…ever since then she got more local jobs but everyone at our depot refuses to drive it,so now nobody drives it but me.She did 1000kms last week and I took her to Bedford twice this week with a double decker on.I went to Wellesbourne a few weeks ago and the lads there couldnt believe she was still going,when it left there they thought it had been scrapped.Like I said in my earlier post she’s not a good looker and she crys a little on hills but after several years of driving automatics and basically aiming a lorry about it makes a change to have to think about what gear to put it in.
Its in for a service on Wednesday and theyre looking to tidy her up as its not a good advert for the company but its earning its corn,its bought and paid for and carries on day in and day out.

This one still works most days around the ports of Norfolk & Suffolk (including weekends), not too many miles, but on the PTO refueling ships when the wheels aren’t turning.

tanker 17.jpg

1999 T reg, ex Charles Russel (resprayed in 2007), had done over 900,000km when i left the job in 2007, best and most comfortable motor ive ever driven, (and its for sale)

Wingnut:
my 12 yr old fh12 done 995,000 kms hard ones at that still drives lovely !! :smiley:

alright allen how u buddy that motor still mint

Dan and Bramble 003.JPGOur F10. Original build. not a stretch. Still capable of a good days work. Used daily. Wish we could still buy these. Dan

Nice photo of a classic motor Regards Larry.

our 51 plate foden still going stong just gone round the clock last week

Minster Paving have owned this E reg Freighter since new, with the original driver still driving it! It only does a few miles per day as handballing slabs is a no no on many customers sites, but I load it most days in our quarry. It generally just collects 10mm ballast from our quarry to their slab factory.

Still running most days around Abingdon and Oxford.

This one is out & about in Gt Yarmouth every day. Ex ASCO, now operated by owner driver Chris Barnard.

hilltop4:
Its always nice to see wagons that are getting on in years, but still clogging on and working for their keep.
If you have any pics of wagons that are obviously past their best, but still earning their owners money, stick em on here, and lets have a look.

I’ll kick off with this one.

The paint job is’nt particularly my cup of tea, but I appreciate the fact that it is out there and still turning out the miles for an honest day’s pay.

i have the truck magazine with that in when it was brand new.got an airline cockpit sprayed on the back of the cab :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

dreva:

hilltop4:
Its always nice to see wagons that are getting on in years, but still clogging on and working for their keep.
If you have any pics of wagons that are obviously past their best, but still earning their owners money, stick em on here, and lets have a look.

I’ll kick off with this one.
The paint job is’nt particularly my cup of tea, but I appreciate the fact that it is out there and still turning out the miles for an honest day’s pay.

i have the truck magazine with that in when it was brand new.got an airline cockpit sprayed on the back of the cab :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I have too, Trucking International, wasn’t it?

Ian Lawson is still running this F12 he has had it from brand new in 1979 and still goes all over Europe!

Regards Pat

ainacs:
Ian Lawson is still running this F12 he has had it from brand new in 1979 and still goes all over Europe!

Regards Pat

How does he get on with all the stupid emissions restrictions? I thought places like Germany levied charges if you did not have a Euro 8 or whatever engine?