Older drivers

AndrewG:

Dipper_Dave:
Oh bollox to it I’m ■■■■■■ so this post originally contained erection sustaining references and the art of tickling a woman’s perineum.

With that i couldnt help but wonder whats happening to that cat… :grimacing:

That was answered on here years ago…trust me you do not want to know. :bulb:
We never usually mention it on here .
:smiley:

eagerbeaver:
I will be in my 60’s soon enough and I will be quite happy to work at B&Q.

And then you’ll be off to HomeBase to add that uniform to your collection! :stuck_out_tongue:

Evil8Beezle:

eagerbeaver:
I will be in my 60’s soon enough and I will be quite happy to work at B&Q.

And then you’ll be off to HomeBase to add that uniform to your collection! :stuck_out_tongue:

Then Wickes :laughing: :laughing:
He’s the only person to have more uniforms than Dirty I will dress in what you want Mandy the ■■■■■■ girl

the only spoons I like to play is with our Doris :laughing:

Evil8Beezle:
You bored and looking for trouble Beaver? :grimacing:

X2 :smiling_imp:

hotel magnum:
what a waste of his mothers milk

What a waste of good ■■■■ making him…

muckles:
Personally I think EB has a point, older drivers really can’t grasp the complexities of modern hi-tech trucks and their fancy auto gearboxes.

I use to have a “old” driver working for me, well in his 70’s.
He was an absolute godsend, he could show any other driver how to work with on board computers, automatic gearboxes, complicated electronic off-loading points etc.
You showed him once, and he would do it faultless time after time.
He would walk quicker on top of a tanker than many young whipper snapper.
(Had young men in tears about going up on top of a tanker)
And if you phoned him in the middle of the night with a problem, he would solve it regardless.
Made of pure gold.
He retired when he was 76 and is now, by his own words “looking after old people”
If a company had only drivers like this man, they would never have to worry about anything.

The legend of Tony Bradfield RIP ,was still doing round trips to Morocco in his late 80,s.
Hot to trot, we salute you .
From British International, Jelly Legs Peter Stainsbridge RIP, on Portuguese round trips in his 80,s in an Iveco Turbostar.
They say diesel in the blood or don’t know what other jobs these old boys would do ?
Washing cars at car sales, McDonalds, litter picker ?

papermonkey:

hotel magnum:
what a waste of his mothers milk

What a waste of good ■■■■ making him…

2/10. (competing with a contestant who scored 3/10, and losing…fail) :laughing: Next we will be trawling the " You’re a stinky ■■■ brain " insult market.

You two can’t be old 'uns. At least they are funny. (You must have a sense of humour to go to an allotment and drive a Honda).

The-Snowman:

eagerbeaver:
why do they always make out that dominoes is a really clever game?

It is when your eyesight is so bad you cant see the spots clearly.

It’s funny as ■■■■ when they get arsey when the “connect four” keeps collapsing like a motorway bri… oh hang on.

I am sure most are aware of a certain fact but obviously EB is unaware so…

Do you realise the accident rate of younger lorry drivers is far higher than older drivers.

Personally I have been a passenger with both and I know who I feel safer with.

Good and bad with both.More to do with attitude than age for sure.

I know EagerB is on one of his ■■■■■■■■■ here (if he’s bored he should go and count his uniform collection or summet instead :unamused: ) :smiley:

But seeing as I am a mature more sensible driver, I’ll come at this from a serious pov.
Age is just really a state of mind, an attitude, ok a few aches appear and you can’t be the legendary stud you used to be (or maybe that’s just me :blush: :laughing: ) but basically you are the same guy whatever age, just different people react differently to their ages.

When you get over 45 and if you WANT to be old you are old…I know some guys my age that were boring ■■■■ old men 20 yrs ago. :unamused:

I have just turned 59 (yeh I know… I only look 30 :sunglasses: :smiley: ) but tbh that age bears as much relavance to me and to the way I feel as much as if someone said you are 8 or 80.

Ok, I aint the over confident fearless arsey little bast I was when I was 21, but that basic character, paired with life experience determines how I am today.
I have no cofidence probs in my mind competing in anything with guys much younger than me at all, whether I win or not, well,… win some lose some let’s say. :smiley: :wink:

Ok I’m often reminded on a night out with younger drivers, if I talk about say, I dunno… twin splitters :smiley: that ‘‘We aren’t as ■■■■ old as you’’ and I’m brought back down to earth.
(Can I just stress here I do NOT talk about ■■■■ twin splits on a ■■■■ up, otherwise I would have no mates, that was just an eg.)
:laughing: :laughing:

So my point is do not write off guys in their late 60s even 70s as drivers, I have known many, they are not all doddery old ■■■■ s and… trust me you will be approaching that age yourself a lot sooner than you expect. :bulb:

Ok
Serious comments done by older wiser sensible driver (well last one maybe stretching it a bit :smiley: ) so carry on with the ■■■■ takes chaps. :smiley:

Again, another pertinent point…do older drivers wear perforated leather driving gloves for the actual grip, or is it to keep their hands warm?

And is the seating position in a Micra better for older people? Anyone on here drive one or a Honda Jazz?

You know you’re getting old when you walk over to a younger bird in a crowded pub to chat her up, and the first thing she does is offer you her seat. :neutral_face:

Oh this again

Well EB if you will pay all my bills I will happy retire as I won’t get a penny until I am 67 due to the government putting the retirement age up & austerity that we are all supposed to be in together with

I am glad you brought this up actually Animal. Why the hell should I work hard to pay for a winter fuel allowance for the older mob?

Stick another one of your dodgy cardigans on FFS. :unamused:

Right, that’s just about enough from you young man. I’ll tell you the same as I told that other cheeky kid, OK ? I said OK ■■ :laughing: :wink:
Regards. John.

robroy:
I

Age is just really a state of mind, an attitude, ok a few aches appear and you can’t be the legendary stud you used to be (or maybe that’s just me :blush: :laughing: )
:smiley:

In my case I reaslise I couldn’t be the legendary stud I thought I should have been. :laughing:

Sorry John :blush:

p.s. When you pay for your petrol, the cashier isn’t interested in chatting about the weather. Fill up and ■■■■ off. :grimacing:

robroy:
You know you’re getting old when you walk over to a younger bird in a crowded pub to chat her up, and the first thing she does is offer you her seat. :neutral_face:

I don’t know why but your post has made me remember this song. :laughing: