Old poole companies

i say ainacs i will be going to the rha dinner with mr grant in early feb. and speak with him most weeks. he still dreams of europe the same as me.

hotel magnum:
i say ainacs i will be going to the rha dinner with mr grant in early feb. and speak with him most weeks. he still dreams of europe the same as me.

Hi say hello to Phil from me.

Last time I saw Phil was at Mark Comptons Auction in September he was going to a drivers reunion that same night, Andre was there too.

Hay there;
Im as some know am a poole area guy,and I worked for a few companys, I will try to list some of them,
Burts Haulage @ Wimborne, as a subbie for Ingrems @New Milton & Cutlers of Poole.
Holes Bay Haulage @Creekmore
Redlands @Branksome
Michael (Jessie) James @Poole
Gufsped @ Hurn
R&G Marinetime @Poole
Fergusons @Poole
Other companys were Flowers, Rycroft,Trans Oman,Pegasus,Chris Dare, Reg Bugler,Gorden Nolton John Nicoles & my brother Ricky Holland.There ofcorse many more but my brain just wont let me remmember them all tonite. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Found this photo in the shoe-box. Don’t know where or when it was taken, but hope it’s of interest.

there was also steve butler,nice fleet of yellow dafs.chris dare is now living in west wales.

Hi gb1i believe john weaver is now poole boat transport, operating out of eatons old yard along the sandford straight, both eatons and the old weaver are something to do with aet of allens lane poole and now holton heath ind estate.

other old ones to get us back on the page, eric adlam of either rosemary rd or cynthia rd, the orangey red trucks of rodgers transport, johnny rose and his son of old wareham road, lights of oakdale rd, colindale transport out of kinson potteries ringwood road now an auction house and the local renault dealership of belbins. well thats all for now.

Yes, Belbins were also Fruit and Veg merchants

hotel magnum:
probably not hecky, but if you get to go to the rha dinner i shall be there. the trucks in poole were in carters ave, just off of dawkins road, as the yard was quite small they had a unique way of parking trailers, the bottom ones had no headboard and were dropped down to the floor at the front and the next one reversed up on to it. i think they were maroon red in colour. long time ago now though.
hi derf not had much to do with wyvern other than knew some of the drivers when they were at cranbrook road in the old humber mc veigh yard, son in law does night trunk out of their new yard for fed ex.

The company in Carters Ave was C.G. Heckford & Son. Later taken over by Charlies son Bill. He died a few years ago now and there are flats built on the land.

Phil Horridge used to work for E.F.Phillips & Sons in the seventies and went on to be an owner driver. He started P.G.Horridge Road Traction Ltd doing International Haulage, Warehousing & Distribution until 1992 and then became Novaline doing Continental Work until 2008. He is now semi- retired!!!

I remember seeing one of the first mobile phones in Poole, it was one of those Motorola "brick"ones, the girl who had something to do with Cutlers used to have it with her all the time when we used to go for a drink in the Ferryman before shipping out.

shady:
Hay there;
Im as some know am a poole area guy,and I worked for a few companys, I will try to list some of them,
Burts Haulage @ Wimborne, as a subbie for Ingrems @New Milton & Cutlers of Poole.
Holes Bay Haulage @Creekmore
Redlands @Branksome
Michael (Jessie) James @Poole
Gufsped @ Hurn
R&G Marinetime @Poole
Fergusons @Poole
Other companys were Flowers, Rycroft,Trans Oman,Pegasus,Chris Dare, Reg Bugler,Gorden Nolton John Nicoles & my brother Ricky Holland.There ofcorse many more but my brain just wont let me remmember them all tonite. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Hi shady you do get about found this pic more in keeping on this thread rgds. Buzzer

Sorry Shady pressed the wrong button here you go

I spent a while doing France, Spain and Portugal for a company called Solent Carter who used to be in the ferry port in Poole docks… Guy called Nick something or other who went on to form a comapny that was called EuropeTir IIRC…

hotel magnum:
any one been on for poole companies like w h geer, redland pipes, h j cutler, either of the eaton firms, aet, john weaver, wyvern cargo, and the deathnell to most work off the quay gbe, own account as well like coastal windows, marley tile, beacon hill bricks etc.

I see nobody has mentioned Steve Kidd, he used to run 2 DAFs on for Freshtrans in Poole doing Gibraltar. If my memory serves me right Mr Marsh was on there at the same time double manning an old Renault 364 with his son, came from Dorchester way.

We did a couple of runs over to Morrocco.

Buzzer:
Sorry Shady pressed the wrong button here you go

Hay there Buzzer, yep done a little,then moved onto Southampton area as you know.You are still one off the best places that I worked. The picture would intrest Mr Carty (JC) Cos I think he was in the office therw as well as being on the road for them. Take care BV… :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Hi Steve
Who has the FH with private plate anyone I should know.
Cheers Rich

Big Ben:

hotel magnum:
any one been on for poole companies like w h geer, redland pipes, h j cutler, either of the eaton firms, aet, john weaver, wyvern cargo, and the deathnell to most work off the quay gbe, own account as well like coastal windows, marley tile, beacon hill bricks etc.

I see nobody has mentioned Steve Kidd, he used to run 2 DAFs on for Freshtrans in Poole doing Gibraltar. If my memory serves me right Mr Marsh was on there at the same time double manning an old Renault 364 with his son, came from Dorchester way.

We did a couple of runs over to Morrocco.

I know a Steve Kidd, used to work for him doing plant hire. Could it be the same one?

Hay there Rich; How are you matey. Cant think of anyone with a private plate but im not on my computer so cant see all the photos if its something youve seen on here I will look at the weekend when I get home

Hi Steve
I overtook one on Monday going up Poulner Hill