Dorchester transport

Can anyone remember anyone who used to drive for Dorchester or wareham transport

Don’t know any drivers but did loads of fertilizer for them from Billingham and Avonmouth in the 80’s to Fordingbridge & Petersfield good payers too, Buzzer.

Remember them both well,used to see them as a kid.Found these pics on the net.I think they were
owned by the same fella ?

Good pics Dean, I seem to recall Wareham Tpt. also had a Mammoth Major with a Hiab on round timber haulage in their colours but under a different name,maybe one of the “Old ■■■■■” down that way will remember ?

Regards
Richard

I used to have 2 trucks on there doing fertilizer from Avonmouth and Panda drinks from Blandford. , Fred Kendall who worked for them and eventually worked for me was doing china clay to the potteries is in Canada and Philip Trew and his brother are on for ACH Farms ,and Steve Jones on for a company doing Germany .Yes Dean , both owned by Harry Perry.

kerbut:
I used to have 2 trucks on there doing fertilizer from Avonmouth and Panda drinks from Blandford. , Fred Kendall who worked for them and eventually worked for me was doing china clay to the potteries is in Canada and Philip Trew and his brother are on for ACH Farms ,and Steve Jones on for a company doing Germany .Yes Dean , both owned by Harry Perry.

Hi Kerbut,

Thanks for reminding me, that was the name on the timber trucks H.V.Perry.

Regards
Richard

I can recall when I used to stop at Durose at Newcastle-U-Lyme in the late 60’s/ early 70’s regularly there was usually a long wheelbase Octopus of Wareham Transport there, can’t recall the drivers name but he was decent bloke to have a crack with. IIRC the Octopus had low dropsides but it was a long while ago !! Cheers Bewick.