Old companies in lincolnshire 1980's - 1990's

has anyone mentioned grounds of spalding remember them in the midland markets the 50s & 60s remember a driver we called lofty also fletchers same area i think

Mackay Transport have only just got rid of that trailer in the first picture, have you anymore photos of them? i must work out how to work our scanner cause ive got loads of pictures of russ fenwicks, mackays etc

Scania27:
Mackay Transport have only just got rid of that trailer in the first picture, have you anymore photos of them? i must work out how to work our scanner cause ive got loads of pictures of russ fenwicks, mackays etc

Only 2 ive got mate. Be nice to see what others you have got

ill try and get them on here over the course of the weekend

heres a couple ive got on the computer at the minute.
Mackay Transport

Russ Fenwick on the food trans contract

D.BROWNY:
hi all i am new to this site , what a wonderful site i have spent hours looing though photo’s of old time trucks would love to see if anyone can rember D.M.T transport in lincoln . thankyou daz .

Hi there,I can remember DMT.I think DMT stood for Denationalized Motor Transport but some may say it was the managers initials Denby Mayhall & Turner.

Does make you wonder if he did Al, or where he did end up. Cousins have sadly now pretty much closed their gates, dropping down from 14 to just 2 lorries after 82 years. I take it you are an Epworth lad. Can’t say i’ve heard of Browns, but i will ask my mother as she was from there.
[/quote]
I have managed to find a few pictures of A Brown & Sons lorries, they were based at Fern Villa, Epworth. I had a lot more pictures dating back about 50 years
but a devastating fire destroyed my house in July 2010 and we lost all our possesions including most of my pictures.
Brown’s ran a fine fleet of ERF’s for many years before changing over to AEC in the 60’s I think Bernard Jackson used to drive this old ERF known as Master Sam

My son Andrew perched on the bumper of my ERF GBE543D he is 6ft 4" now and aged 47

Arthur Hubbard in an ERF

And Arthur Hubbard again with one of Brown’s AEC

regards Big Al

nice pics Al. have to show me mum to see if she remembers them.

phillybob71:

What was mum’s maiden name phillybob ?

regards Big Al

Big Al:

phillybob71:

regards Big Al

Margret Pilsworth

phillybob71:

Big Al:

phillybob71:

regards Big Al

Margret Pilsworth

Arthur Hubbard pictured with the ERF and AEC worked for a guy called Pilsworth who ran two 4 wheeler BMC ■■ before moving to Brown’s in 1965
He was based in Haxey at the top of Haxey Carr Lane. I know it is a long time ago but I went to school at John Leggots in Scunthorpe the 50’s and I think
there were some pupils from Epworth called Pilsworth but I cannot remember their christian names.

regards Big Al

some more ive got

nice pics mate, like em

heres a couple from work

work1.jpg

My dad worked for Grounds Transport for a number of years in the late 60’s, started with a AEC Mercury 4 wheeler then moved on to a Guy warrior artic, I used travel all over the country with him. They sold out to Geest also in Spalding in the mid 70’s

littlelegs:
has anyone mentioned grounds of spalding remember them in the midland markets the 50s & 60s remember a driver we called lofty also fletchers same area i think