Night time road works killing me and it's gotta stop!

Doesn’t matter how much money they throw at the roads, they can’t possibly catch up with the increase in population over the last 25 years and with immigration increasing under our (i’m going to bring immigration down to the tens of thousands Home Sec and now accidental) current Prime Minister, we can’t possibly build over the countryside fast enough to house and provide infrastructure (roads are just one part) to service all the people now in the country.

Get used to it, the mayhem on our roads will only get worse year on year.

Just bear in mind you voted for this, and will continue to do so.

Juddian:
Doesn’t matter how much money they throw at the roads, they can’t possibly catch up with the increase in population over the last 25 years and with immigration increasing under our (i’m going to bring immigration down to the tens of thousands Home Sec and now accidental) current Prime Minister, we can’t possibly build over the countryside fast enough to house and provide infrastructure (roads are just one part) to service all the people now in the country.

Get used to it, the mayhem on our roads will only get worse year on year.

Just bear in mind you voted for this, and will continue to do so.

Notwithstanding all that we’re still left with them explaining the contradiction in both causing loads of disruption to put in massive speed enforcement technology which often reduces the motorway limit to 50 mph or less.Together with extra lanes which are only supposed to be there to cater for traffic travelling faster than every other lane.On that note how bleedin slow does traffic in lanes 1-3 have to be going to require a 3 rd overtaking lane for example.Oh wait the whole scam is a good earner for the contractors and the speed enforcement authorities.While creating artificial havoc to the country’s motorway system obviously has the ( perceived if not real ) effect of shippers wanting their freight to go by rail rather than road wherever possible.

On that note I don’t remember any of this major night time disruption being described whatsoever during my 15 years of night trunking. :confused:

Way I see it is the works gotta be done regardless of when… ■■■■ it up… soon complain when the roads are in an even worse state then they are.

Win-Stone:
So you’re stuck in roadworks. So what!

Sit back and relax. You’re still getting paid whether you’re sitting in roadworks or thundering up the (insert road of choice here) at ■■ mph.
As you’re getting paid you just shrug your shoulders and get on with it. If your TM starts kicking up fuss, point him/her/it in the direction of the roadwords and ask what they expect you to do.

Don’t get stressed: turn up the radio, grab another coffee and just chill.

:smiley: :smiley:

Firstly the revenue and therefore money available for wages in the job remains the same regardless.The result of your idea probably meaning the same amount of wages for more hours in the form of what is effectively a lower hourly rate.

Or if wage costs exceed what the job will pay in revenues,or if the job can no longer be done within the available hours that can obviously mean the end of the job at worse.Which is probably what the government actually wants as part of its agenda to shift freight from road to rail.Or the driver gets less home life at best.

Carryfast:
It should be clear enough by now that it’s all part of a deliberate establishment agenda to make road transport in all it’s forms less attractive.

Absolutely stone-cold crazy.

Scotland totally changed the motorway network in the time it’s taken a few miles of A1 to be upgraded at Scotch Corner

Steve-o:
Scotland totally changed the motorway network in the time it’s taken a few miles of A1 to be upgraded at Scotch Corner

Far lower levels of traffic and for almost all of it they built an entirely new motorway at the side of the existing A74, they didn’t re-use parts of the old road. Had they done and it had the levels of traffic the A1 did then it would have taken far longer.

Has anyone talked yet of how much it hurts the sphincter to be on a double decker duty - and stuck in roadwords with a lower-enough bridge diversion in place each and every night?

I, for one - am glad to have not driven one these past two years. I’ve always believed drivers should get paid extra for trailers above 15’6’. :bulb:

On agency, it’s not an issue - because if your 10 hour duty takes 15 hours 'cos you’ve got to go around the wrong way of the M25 each and every night for weeks (for example) - then it’s already pushing up your pay if you let it by not carving the job up elsewhere!

Carryfast:

Win-Stone:
So you’re stuck in roadworks. So what!

Sit back and relax. You’re still getting paid whether you’re sitting in roadworks or thundering up the (insert road of choice here) at ■■ mph.
As you’re getting paid you just shrug your shoulders and get on with it. If your TM starts kicking up fuss, point him/her/it in the direction of the roadwords and ask what they expect you to do.

Don’t get stressed: turn up the radio, grab another coffee and just chill.

:smiley: :smiley:

Which is probably what the government actually wants as part of its agenda to shift freight from road to rail.

What a load of arse. The government has cut support for rail freight, not encouraged it. Railfreight is on its arse since most bulk flows, principally coal, have died.

Carryfast:
On that note I don’t remember any of this major night time disruption being described whatsoever during my 15 years of night trunking. :confused:

In your day the roads were muddy tracks going around the perimeter of fields … :slight_smile:

Conor:

Steve-o:

Far lower levels of traffic and for almost all of it they built an entirely new motorway at the side of the existing A74, they didn’t re-use parts of the old road. Had they done and it had the levels of traffic the A1 did then it would have taken far longer.

my dads bigger.jpg

The-Snowman:

Conor:

Steve-o:

The M74/M8/A8 are EVERY bit as busy as the A1@ Scotch Corner!!!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk