New Tachs Bluetooth-equipped

The cops can now read your digi tachograph remotely.

Our new ‘10’ reg truck was stopped the other day. The cop wanders over and says " Hello George" !

I don’t know the range of their readers,but if it’s any good,they’ll be watching your readout as you
pass by and stop you if they see any infringments.

[Maybe I missed this being discussed previously?]

Need some kind of bluetooth blocker then :slight_smile:

You sure George doesn’t have a nameplate in his window. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

i can feel a myth coming on :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Coffeeholic:
You sure George doesn’t have a nameplate in his window. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Or a long police record :laughing:

Sounds a bit far-fetched to me :question: :question: But would be interesting if its true tho.

206doorman:
I don’t know the range of their readers,but if it’s any good,they’ll be watching your readout as you
pass by and stop you if they see any infringments.

Bluetooth only has a range of about 10 ft and it’s very slow.

Easy way to test if its true. Get in your cab switch on your bluetooth on your phoneand then search for devices if it is true then your phone will pick it up. Personally I think it’s a MMTM story

Don’t think so! :unamused:

The only way you can remotely download information is through a connection on the VU (D8 I think) into a GPRS, WLAN or a RF additional system which then transmitts the information. People cannot read this as it’s encrypted due to data protection.

Did they also tell him he’s nearing the credit limit on his credit Card? :smiley:

Don’t think anyone told VOSA yet?

All,
Your sceptisism speaks volumes.

Our manager is quite a sharp oke and is well known for classic wind-ups…not always spotted by me…
…this time probably as the ‘tale’ is not totally infeasible.[which is what makes a wind-up work of course]

My mind is still very much open… :question: :question:

edited to add: names were changed to protect the innocent,and no knuckle-dragger name-plates in windows either.

I know the version 1.4 is going to have gps built in, when you arrive back at base info will download to the reciever automatically.

I was told this on our cpc course tacho/wtd section.

dtco-user.com/screen-dldwr/d … en_en.html

This is the only way to remotely download tacho data and needs the device plugging in to the tacho before it can work.

[quote=“daleyboy” MMTM[/quote]
What does MMTM mean :confused:

personally wouldnt put any thing past Europe / vosa

but come on

DAF95XF:

My Mate Told Me

yer and due to rises in fuel vosa have now decided to just turn up at your depot and ride shotgun with you to watch u much closer, then jump out when happy at next services to hitch another ride with another, lets face it that film matrx dosent seem that far from the truth if you believed all the myths on ere, soon we will all hav to log onto a european main frame at the start of your shift and cops , vosa , work and stobarts can track your progress all for the pleasure of earning 8 quid ph :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

The mis-information quoted here has provided me with my best laugh of this year :smiley:

It is possible to download digital tachos and send the downloaded file via a bluetooth connected device to a remote receiver. What everybody hasn’t mentioned is that you need either a workshop, control or appropriate company card inserted in the VU to enable downloading in the first place. Remote downloading may be carried out via GPRS or WLAN provided the VU has had this function activated and has been ‘polled’ by the appropriate company card. This process can only be performed on VDO v1.3 and Stoneridge Rev7 tachos. Information may be output to external devices via the D socket on the back of the VU. At present this info, used by some operators will give activity data but there is no digital signature so using it evidentially would be problematic.

The downloaded data is not encrypted. The information is in ‘hex’ and if you can read that, or have a ‘translator’ programme you can see the information contained in the file. The ‘digital signature’ is the only part of the file that is encrypted.

Lucy:

DAF95XF:

My Mate Told Me[/quote

Thanks, its obivous now I think about it :blush:

geebee45:
The mis-information quoted here has provided me with my best laugh of this year :smiley:

It is possible to download digital tachos and send the downloaded file via a bluetooth connected device to a remote receiver. What everybody hasn’t mentioned is that you need either a workshop, control or appropriate company card inserted in the VU to enable downloading in the first place. Remote downloading may be carried out via GPRS or WLAN provided the VU has had this function activated and has been ‘polled’ by the appropriate company card. This process can only be performed on VDO v1.3 and Stoneridge Rev7 tachos. Information may be output to external devices via the D socket on the back of the VU. At present this info, used by some operators will give activity data but there is no digital signature so using it evidentially would be problematic.

The downloaded data is not encrypted. The information is in ‘hex’ and if you can read that, or have a ‘translator’ programme you can see the information contained in the file. The ‘digital signature’ is the only part of the file that is encrypted.

Thats what i thought. :laughing: :laughing: