New Sponsor- Pertemps

mutter mutter grumble

Pertemps in Sheffield and Barnsley are total liers and a waste of time do not use them.

Agencies such as this one don’t sponsor forums to suit the drivers, they do it to suit themselves …

49er:
Agencies such as this one don’t sponsor forums to suit the drivers, they do it to suit themselves …

Agencies do nothing to suit the drivers, and everything to suit themselves…nature of the beast. :bulb:

they are pretty much all a bunch of leeches
…i just let them beleive they wr being smarter then me and after going to work in few jobs sign my self directly with companies and left agency behind.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

akariz:
they are pretty much all a bunch of leeches
…i just let them beleive they wr being smarter then me and after going to work in few jobs sign my self directly with companies and left agency behind.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

:unamused:

I have worked for pertemps a few times over the years for BOC and Grundons and never had any issues. I remember some of their adverts saying will work with newly qualified drivers so might be worth giving them a call if your new.

Not with a 10ft pole…

They owed me 200 quid for over 5 months.

I told them to pay me by the following Friday or we are off to small claims.

They did, but £5.00 short.

Dutifully, I followed up, they say sorry didn’t realise you were self employed. Really? How could you not know…■■

So, I said. Pay me the £5.00 you owe me or we will be back to small claims court again this Monday coming with associated costs on top.

Funnily enough, money was indeed was paid - who would’ve guessed. But I was ‘banned’ from then on lol. Had they indeed forgot that I had ■■■■■■ them off months before…? I do admire their optimism if nothing else. What a complete and utter shambles.

Pertemps Dundee was advert in Jobcentre. Applied sending CV by email, 22 years driving experience. Job was a day trunk job. Never even got back in touch.

bbez:
Pertemps Dundee was advert in Jobcentre. Applied sending CV by email, 22 years driving experience. Job was a day trunk job. Never even got back in touch.

I find telephone or in person best but that just me

Rikki-UK:

Goldfinger:
Still no reply from either Rikki or Pertemps themselves yet due to the peoples views on here of agencies…■■?

Reply to what exactly?. Many drivers don’t like agencies or the agency model. that’s fair enough, and as long as their views on here say civil and within the forum rules they are allowed. However given the number of agencies out there , there are 1000’s of drivers who do agency work for a variety of reasons, and are perfectly happy. This forum is for all drivers not just the ones that dislike agencies/agency work.

As for Pertemps themselves answering, they sponsor this forum for you to use, it is not a Pertemps complaints line or driver counselling service. If you have issues with Pertemps then contact them via their website/contact details.

I do believe you meant to say “put up with until I escape the clutches of the worst parasites on Gods’ Earth”.

Don’t knock all agency driver’s, it’s how I started and done some shot jobs, I eventually became an owner driver and did very well as I earned a good reputation, so it didn’t do me any harm.

ChrisTPT:
Don’t knock all agency driver’s, it’s how I started and done some shot jobs, I eventually became an owner driver and did very well as I earned a good reputation, so it didn’t do me any harm.

I don’t see any drivers getting knocked here just agencies getting a well deserved shoeing…

ChrisTPT:

What, and you owe all this success to Pertemps? / insert other agency here. Have you considered paying them a royalty?

As you say, you earned yourself a good reputation, you clearly did not say that Pertemps / other agency, earned you a good reputation. You earned yourself your own reputation. There, right there, is the difference.

You were there to be made a profit from, you getting experience from them was merely a by-product of this, if you think it was anything else you were sadly mistaken.

kev909_2000:
Pertemps in Sheffield and Barnsley are total liers and a waste of time do not use them.

Agree with you 100%
One of the worse agency’s I’ve had dealings with.