New Sponsor- Pertemps

Just like you would expect them to treat the pros with honesty and integrity.
[/quote]
:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: on what planet would a employment agency treat drivers with honesty and integrity?? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Iā€™ve no idea whether the sponsor of this forum supports new drivers or not, but if they do it will be for the same reason as any other forum sponsor and in fact any other business ā€¦ because itā€™s good for business and they can, or hope to, make money from it.

Was wondering this myself as donā€™t know what their policy is. They might love the newly qualified and bend over backwards to get them work. There business in part depends on drivers so it would be good business sense to make friends with the newly qualified so they donā€™t go running to other agencies. Surely that is why they would want to support a site like this especially as there biggest client base from a drivers perspective is likely to be those just starting out.

If Burger King could make money by sponsoring a drivers forum Iā€™m sure theyā€™d do it, but they still wouldnā€™t give priority to drivers in the queue or tell them what [zb] theyā€™re putting in the burgers :wink:

It would be good for business though if they did sponsor the site and advertised truck stops especially for truck drivers with maybe other facilities. Why would they sponsor this site if they didnā€™t want to get something from drivers. Just like Pertemps they should not even consider sponsoring the site unless they want to do something for the industry. Else what next? Some thick celebrity ā– ā– ā– ā–  promoting some ā€œwhiter than whiteā€ washing powder.

Just like you would expect them to treat the pros with honesty and integrity

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: on what planet would a employment agency treat drivers with honesty and integrity?? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I think youā€™ve proved my point. In which case why did they choose to sponsor/allowed to by those who run this site when they are held in such contempt.

LE1erRE:
I doubt itā€™s a charitable donation.

Do you even know what ā€œsponsorshipā€ means?

To be fair Iā€™ve been on their website and some jobs say 2 years, others say 6 months. Some say ā€œcan work with the newly qualifiedā€. So maybe they are okay after all.

Yeah, it means go ā– ā– ā– ā–  yourself.

apparantly it meansā€¦we will give you losts of money so we can make more money back in return,and at the same time,you will say nice things about us and imply to show us in a favourable lightā€¦

looks like its about to be handbags at dawn again shortly,carry on chapsā€¦ :slight_smile:

LE1erRE:
To be fair Iā€™ve been on their website and some jobs say 2 years, others say 6 months. Some say ā€œcan work with the newly qualifiedā€. So maybe they are okay after all.

Yeah, it means go [zb] yourself.

Lay of the sherbert sweetcakes.

LE1erRE:

Yeah, it means go [zb] yourself.

I have worked for several agencies including this 1 no different to all the rest tbh although some places did take new qualified drivers some did not depends on the company

1 company this group placed you would often take you on after 12 weeks there ( I didnā€™t take that route as found something better for me ) most of that company drivers had been agency but had to have had there licence for at least 2years just the way they worked

Another of there clients did take on newbies but due to several accidents costing thousands ( including at least 1 cab being written off ) they changed this to having experience only again after 12 weeks they wold take you on

So why should they support new drivers :question: yep it would be nice yep it would help

Still no reply from either Rikki or Pertemps themselves yet due to the peoples views on here of agenciesā€¦ā– ā– ?

Goldfinger:
Still no reply from either Rikki or Pertemps themselves yet due to the peoples views on here of agenciesā€¦ā– ā– ?

Reply to what exactly?. Many drivers donā€™t like agencies or the agency model. thatā€™s fair enough, and as long as their views on here say civil and within the forum rules they are allowed. However given the number of agencies out there , there are 1000ā€™s of drivers who do agency work for a variety of reasons, and are perfectly happy. This forum is for all drivers not just the ones that dislike agencies/agency work.

As for Pertemps themselves answering, they sponsor this forum for you to use, it is not a Pertemps complaints line or driver counselling service. If you have issues with Pertemps then contact them via their website/contact details.

Will Pertemps then read all these replies and then ā€˜learnā€™ from peoples views of agencies and change the way they work??

Maybe even lead the way in a new generation of agenciesā€¦ā– ā– 

Goldfinger:
Will Pertemps then read all these replies and then ā€˜learnā€™ from peoples views of agencies and change the way they work??

Maybe even lead the way in a new generation of agenciesā€¦ā– ā– 

No.

Thought soā€¦ :frowning:

Joke agency .you now get told that new drivers can be put through with a "man they knowā€™s academy "(More money) to gain experience .probably that apprentice lower than minimum wage reddiculous robbing scheme
Avoid these leeches

Typical agencyā€¦

No response.

yourhavingalarf:
Typical agencyā€¦

No response.

As has been said further up the page they are paying to sponsor this forum not to respond or be members

You can alway go to there main website & lodge a complaint

But sometimes depends on the regional office & staff in there I have worked for these in the past & would be happy to deal with them again but that is my office as I would a couple other agencies but others I would not give my time to at all remember they are here to make money sometimes it is not the agencies it is the companies themselves that cancel

Well my experience with agencies is quite good. They suited my need for flexibility at the time whilst looking for a full time position.

No experience with pertemps themselves but sure theres good and bad.
They dont seem like the type of company who will engage in forum shenanigans and I suppose we should be grateful for their sponsorship.

However something doesnt quite feel right, everyone has a price but sometimes theres a clash/conflict where sponsorship is concerned. Bit like fathers for justice sponsoring mumsnet or me sponsoring nunsnet there isnt a natural symbiotic partnership. Perhaps these relationships just need time to blossum or its a flash in the pan experiment.

Then again perhaps a sponsorship like this can be a good thing even if its a chuck some money at em and leave them to it type arrangement.
I trust Rikki to do whats best for Tnuk and just maybe pertemps arent that bad, yes they want more bums on the books than seats for bums are available but the good/ flexible drivers will always have work and move up the who to call list.

The last sponsorā€™s introduced themselvesā€¦

If it was my business getting flak on a forum, Iā€™d respond.

Methinks their silence speaks volumes.

yourhavingalarf:

Some do, the majority of sponsors we have had over the years havenā€™t- all depends on why they decided to sponsor, some wanted to interact, most others are simply happy to have their name associated with the forum.

There is no requirement either way, as has been said whoever they are this forum/site is not a company complaints or suggestion hotline.

If you have issues with any company then address them directly to them via their contact details.

Well im in the market for a tramping gig got my c1 licence in 2010! Done alot of container work know all the ports but been out the UK since 2013 driving set vehicles in barcelona no hgv mostly morothomesā€¦ been back at it for a month now in swansea and all the agencies here are offering me is c2 work untill i got 6 months hours on my taco driving a c2ā€¦ guess its not that your a newbie its how long and what you have driven in the past six months that gets you workā€¦

yourhavingalarf:

If it was my business getting flak on a forum, Iā€™d respond.

Methinks their silence speaks volumes.

Even they can not argue the unarguable. :bulb: