Moving to Canada

The Ielts or Cel-pip English test is best left till last minute because it only lasts for 2yrs. Apparently you lose the ability to read, write, listen & speak the language at the 2yr mark.

Dereko:
I came to alberta in Jan this year
Paperwork I needed was
Birth cert
Licence
Drivers abstract -call DVLA they will help you £5
Resume (all on one page if you can)
Police check ACPO -about £45
Think that was all…
If you want to stay and get residency the id advise getting an IELTS English test done before you get here
Have all your references for the last 10 years work
Have your high school/college certs with you

The employer applies to the gov for an LMIA which is then sent to you when/if they get one, you take that and all the relevant paperwork to immigration at the Canadian airport and they will issue a work permit

There is probably something I’ve missed but that’s what I needed from memory
Hope that’s a help for you

Thanks for this mate its a great help

If I was doing it again I would not have sold our house in the uk, Rent some where first make sure the family are 100percent sure that all want to live there first. trust me ,the grass is not greener there, you wont see your family much until you get pr so hope you have a strong marrage. more than half the English people we new either spit up or went home, or one half hates it and the other loves it, After ten years we ended up splitting up and I am back in the uk, had enough of working for nothing, the ■■■■■■■■ and the dam weather ,oh and the ■■■■■■■■ south of the border.
Well that’s my opinion wish I had never heard of Canada ,nice place to visit well, ab and bc sod the rest, even going to send them my Canadian passport back or flog it on ebay , 27 year relation ship out the window.
good luck

neilg14:
The Ielts or Cel-pip English test is best left till last minute because it only lasts for 2yrs. Apparently you lose the ability to read, write, listen & speak the language at the 2yr mark.

Pretty sure that it don’t run out

Funny thing. I earned well enough and I saw my family a lot more after we moved here than I did before. I guess that if you weren’t long haul over there then it’s more difficult to be long haul over here.

taffytrucker:

neilg14:

Taff, as crazy as it sounds, it’s true.

I’m sure lily isn’t alone, Canada is not for everyone and we’ve all seen people come and go, seen marriage break ups and all kinds of shenanigans, those who haven’t experienced it have read about it, but here’s the thing, bad news makes headlines.

If anybody were to post that they are making a fortune, living in a big house, driving a new car and wiping their arse with 50 dollar bills, no matter how true it was, they would either be called a liar or a show off.

Most of the success stories in Canada remain untold for that reason and also that the people who are getting on don’t want to end up in the middle of an Internet gongshow.

neilg14:

taffytrucker:

neilg14:

I questioned this when booking my English test as didn’t want to waste money having to do it twice to get told no expiry date unlike the ACPO cert

I believe they do have a 2 year validity, For citizenship they will accept an expired one, perhaps PR is different, wouldn’t surprise me.

taffytrucker:

neilg14:

taffytrucker:

neilg14:

I questioned this when booking my English test as didn’t want to waste money having to do it twice to get told no expiry date unlike the ACPO cert

Under PNP, if you entered Canada after July1 2012 or nominated for PR after July1 2013 then you have to take the third party English language test.
If these tests are written more than 2yrs before PR is received, then the test needs to be re-taken and re-submitted.

Think they make it up as they go along lol

taffytrucker:
Think they make it up as they go along lol

Yep, and even stranger, even though you may have to do it twice for PR if your timeline is out, you don’t have to re-take it for Citizenship even though that is 4yrs later.

Hi I’m also Interested in moving to Canada (Vancouver). I am about to take my tests in the UK to be a newly qualified driver so I am brand new. What is the procedure for getting a job out there. Is it something I could do? Thanks

Get couple of years experience first