Emigrating

Just a few questions…

What do the check before you can emigrate to Canada,

Of course I know they carry out a crininal back ground check,

What about eduaction ■■? cant seem to find my GCSE certificate anywhere, is this a problem

Depends if your going as the primary or not. Truck driving is not seen to be proffesional by the canadian goverment so i’m going as the secondary, my wife who is a nurse is seen to be the proffesional so she is the primary, they were only really interested in her qualifications.

If you’re going as a truck driver under a pnp you must show that you have experience, I think at least 2 years. They really don’t think you need much schooling to be a truck driver. Canada also needs other trades people and you must show qualifications.

Best of luck to you.

Swampey:
What about eduaction ■■? cant seem to find my GCSE certificate anywhere, is this a problem

Are you joking Swampey? For driving a wagon?
Or is it perhaps that you want us all to know about your glittering academic background? :unamused: :wink: :laughing:

they want your school records just as part of your life history, ring your school up n get a letter to say you attended and what qualifications you got. also bring as many referances from former employers the older the better.

Just put what schools you went to, they only want to see that you had schooling and that you attended, no big deal there.

For CIC and PNP you will need either the certificates or a letter from the school stating that you completed secondary education. Mine was an email from the school secretary which I printed off and included.

SWAMPY,
Try and get a copy ( but preferably the originals ) of any certificate that you are entitled to. It will be a lot easier to try and find them while you are still in the U.K.
They always look good on a C.V. and shows that you have taken time to learn something.

Best of luck mate.

What the hell has your school report got to do with driving a truck , did you take your driving test at school ■■? get real canada

What the hell has your school report got to do with driving a truck , did you take your driving test at school ■■? get real canada

It’s just further evidence to prove the person’s identity. People who are unlikely to have school documents might not be the person they say they are. I would also say that being able to read and write is an important qualification if one is a profesional truck driver. If you don’t think so, then fine. It shouldn’t have to be Canada’s job to educate people who are said to be skilled workers to read and write.

I have here on my desk the UK immigration papers for my wife. One of the questions is, “how often do you see your spouse?” There were 15 pages of such crap. Also they need references from her employer, and remember this is for a spousal visa. SHe is not trying to qualify for a job. So she gets the reference and now she will be sacked as soon as possible bcause they know she is leaving. Canada immigration does not ask for such information for family class immigration.

As dieseldog wrote:

Just put what schools you went to, they only want to see that you had schooling and that you attended, no big deal there.

It’s only a big deal if someone aint got no schooling.

I was locked up for 9 hours at Heathrow llast year. I was asked all sorts of questions. One was, 'Where in your mother’s house will you be sleeping?" Why would it matter to them? Silly sods they were.

Barmey ! the whole thing , this is more proof of some desk jockey with nothing else to do , ive just got a new British passport and its got a microchip in it , big brother is alive and well ,

I am just in the process of going to canada, just waiting for my paperwork to come back to go for our medicals, although i drive class 1 at the moment here i have skills in engineering, its welders they are screaming out for and thats the qualifications i am using to go out there on, i got provincial nomination, if i get there and decide i dont like being inside welding i will fall back on my hgv licence and go driving, i already have the job offer as a welder so my paperwork was fast tracked, they are crying out for all kinds of skills there, i have a mate that moved there 5 yrs ago and he hasnt found one downside to being there and says he would never come back here, even the cold winters havent put him off, he says they are geared up for it and just adapt, cant wait to leave this ripoff place behind.