MK1 & MK11 Atkinsons,a class on their own

26582989452_c22c60825f_b.jpg

ERF-NGC-European:

Sister vehicle FBJ 13J lived on as a shunter with Pandoro in the mid 70s (ex-Ferrymasters Ireland), ending as a yard shunter at Yeadon depot. 205 ■■■■■■■ and ZF 6-speed, I think

moomooland:
Nice bit of history there Chris on the previous page, shame it never survived but as they say ‘you cant save them all’.

0E.Swindells & Son Ltd ■■■■■■■ powered Atkinson Mark II tractor unit with no reg plate seen here parked up in Middleton in Teesdale.

Never mind parked up MML,with both mirrors missing,near side wiper missing,lower bumper also missing,I reckon it’s been dumped!

David

240 Gardner:
Atkinson selection from July 1997 - I’ve a feeling that Marky took this photo

I think this is OMT’s handiwork - I don’t think I took it Chris.

Harveys Transport Ltd

Scorton 2014

Build your own Atkinson knock down kit.
What price would you give for that today. :smiley:

Shame this pic is on a fold in the page, but what a great pic, this to me is Classic British General Haulage :smiley: Chris

adr:
Shame this pic is on a fold in the page, but what a great pic, this to me is Classic British General Haulage :smiley: Chris

Shame about the plastic sheet on the radiator,although being ■■■■■■■ powered,shouldn’t need to cover the radiator to achieve hot water for the heater if that is what it’s there for.

David

K & P Iddon Transport of Leyland all came to an end in November 2007.

moomooland:
1K & P Iddon Transport of Leyland all came to an end in November 2007.

Always well turned out motors, even the ones they had working out of the docks in Liverpool pulling the tipping trailers on mill work, any body who has loaded that rice bran and soya meal out of the Central Storage opposite Canada Dock will know what a despicable hole that was! Pete

moomooland:
0Harveys Transport Ltd

I remember Harveys running out of Scunthorpe.Anybody know what happened to them,I wonder if they were absorbed into the CLS empire or Transport Services Lindsey?

5thwheel:

adr:

Shame about the plastic sheet on the radiator,although being ■■■■■■■ powered,shouldn’t need to cover the radiator to achieve hot water for the heater if that is what it’s there for.

David

Mmmmm :confused: I don’t think it is David, it’s too tatty, looks to me like a piece of plastic that has just blown up off the road & the wind etc is holding it in place. Regards Chris

moomooland:

No mention of the EC15 ,is that the one that millers now have ?

backsplice:
I had the privilege to be allocated one of these great stonebreakers while with Elgin transport there were 3 in the tipper fleet MSP 117 /8/9 P they had the 220 ■■■■■■■ and had Jennings sleeper conversions I just loved it …it could pull and keep up a decent speed all day and it held its own against the more modern ones in the fleet
I,ve only seen one photo from that era its on “Scottish truck photos” but if anyone has one post it up please !!!

Have a look here mate there is a picture of one I remember as a chid Elgin Transport was owned by Nobles wasnt it. My dads mate Davie Hopkirk worked for them
public.fotki.com/scottishtruckph … inson.html

moomooland:

I have worked on both them Atkinsons and the Ford in the background in my days at K&P Iddons.
Cheers
Welly